Saturday, November 11, 2017

Shining Bright!

First off, a BIG THANK YOU to all the Veterans who have served this country, making it possible for us to live the lives we live.  If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have the freedoms we have.  Thank a Veteran today!!!

The weather around here has been spectacular.  Remaining in the 60's in spite of the sun shining brightly in the sky, an occasional rain to clear the air ... it doesn't get better than this!!  I walked outside for a breath of fresh air and discovered this beautiful almost-harvest moon shining brightly in the sky.  I raced inside for my camera.

That once broken toe next to the once dislocated one, took the hit as I didn't quite make it across the threshold.  Good grief Nancy, pick up your feet!!  I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the flip flops I was sporting.

I ripped off Jonathan's heater and grabbed my tripod as I limped back outside.  It's amazing how fast the moon moves in the sky, requiring you to be quick on the draw.  It took a few shots before I finally got a moon that was what I SAW versus a big blob of light in the sky.
The clouds made it even better.  I finally closed the tripod and put it back by Jonathan's cage where I attached his heater.  Being a tropical bird, Jon requires temps of around 80 degrees.  With his penchant for chewing up everything, the tripod holds the heat lamp far enough away from the cage so he can't reach it.  Not that he doesn't try ... sticking his little claws out and reaching for all he's worth.  
Once I made sure my toes were still intact and not dislocated or broken again, I plopped a bag of ice on my foot.  Otherwise I might not be able to get in those cowboy boots.  I'm throwing the flip flops away!!

The second thing shining bright like neon lights was my commode ... my toilet ... my john!!  I admit, I'm lazy.  Cleaning the toilets is not my job of choice.  I buy those magic white pills and drop them in the tank.  I quickly learned to buy the RED stoppers that tend to live longer in the chlorinated water. 

I think I was at Walmart when I spotted two boxes of tablets advertising the beautiful blue color.  Since the REAL ones are so expensive, I bought TWO boxes.  The second I dropped one tablet in the tank, the blue boiled up like potato water at the mouth of the Columbia.  WOW!!  That water was shining blue like a searchlight in the sky!!

I quickly discovered it also left a horrible ring of blue gunk that required even MORE cleaning.  This is NOT going to work.  I grabbed a pair of tongs and tried to remove it from the tank.  BIG MISTAKE!  It was immediately a soft mass of toxic blue goop.  I should have known to turn the water off.  WHAT A MESS!!!  

Three spoons and a zip lock bag later, I finally got enough of the goop out of the tank to allow for flushing ... four times before the blue began to dissipate.  I made a special trip to Save Mart to purchase the solid white tabs.  Hopefully the chlorine in those will be enough to turn my blue toilet white again.

As for my hands, I can now see them in the dark, shining bright and fluorescent.  I'm pretty sure this stuff isn't coming off any time soon.  It would have been cool for Halloween!!  My advice is DO NOT BUY THE BLUE!!!

I'll be on the couch AGAIN with my swollen foot propped up!!




8 comments:

  1. Oh my what a mess. glad you got it cleaned up.
    Good luck with your toe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully they don't have this kind of commode in RV's!!

      Delete
  2. What are you saying he went from a Q-tip to a blue-tip now back to a Q-tip
    Can't you be satisfied with watching the movie avatar instead of trying to play one of the characters Or
    You should have done that before you went to the bingo castle you could have competed against your purple hair friend
    If you left it in longer. with darker blue on your hands you could've put a long sleeve shirt on,, And we could call you the blue goth chick you could become the envy of your block

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm going to remember this for next Halloween!

      Delete
  3. Now that I got that out-of-the-way --- ? think rubber gloves
    I like blue white is so inpersonal. Do you know anybody that has a POOL that you don't like ??πŸ˜ˆπŸ‘ΏπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would need gloves ... that's why grabbed the longest tongs I have. Next time I'll know better!!

      Delete
  4. As far as those spectacular weather days, in Oklahoma we call the "Chamber of Commerce" Days!

    Hope your foot gets better!

    Mary Klinger

    ReplyDelete