Monday, November 6, 2017

The Mouse Is DEAD!

I suppose it's better the mouse died than the rabbit (you have to be really old to get that one).  There's nothing worse than trying to use the touchpad on a computer.  Yes I can move the cursor around like crazy, but most everything I do requires a right click.  There's no right click on a Mac touchpad unless you hit other elusive keys.

That meant a quick trip to my least favorite store in the area.  Best Buy.  They irritate me most because there's never anyone to help you and they lie about things like my TV will be obsolete in three weeks.  Heaven forbid any of their associates might be able to multi-task.

I LOVE LOVE my Apple mouse, but it only connects when upside down.  That's a problem.  The newest version is available but won't work with my operating system, which I can't change because several of my old dinosauric programs won't work.  Besides, it's a whopping $79.99.

I ended up with a Logitech bluetooth too small roller ball version that at least works, for half the price.  I can't complain since it's all I've got!!
As long as I was at Best Buy, I might as well hit up Marshalls.  I've been thinking about decorating the Lost Horse Ranch, although I've no idea how.   I was hoping something would jump out at me. The first thing that caught my eye was a nice RED Jessie bed.  She instantly took possession.  She looks a little possessed because Cooper got just a little too close to her newest prize.
In no time, she was settled in for the night.  She pulled the afghan into the bed and snuggled underneath.  I know I've said this before, but this is a weird dog.
It's a little early, but strike while the iron is HOT!  Somewhere in the store I skipped right over Thanksgiving (as did the store) and picked up a little Christmas cheer.  I decided to go ahead and put them up.  I always have very little time to enjoy the decorations since I'm heading South every year, so THIS year I decided to enjoy them for two whole months.
While digging in the freezer for something other than tamales ... I'm rather tamaled out ... I found some of those Arizona Ugly Steaks.  You can tell by the lid, I hardly use this great grill, but my plan is to change that.  These steaks are so easy to cook ... they must be because they came out perfect and "I" cooked them.  
I follow a blog where they cook just about everything on this same little BBQ, sometimes using that grill mat you've seen on TV.  Our Awesome Travels with George and Suzie who share their flare for bbq.  I'm going to try some of their recipes!

In spite of all my wranglings, we were up at 4:00 this morning.  I just keep telling myself it's really 5:00.  It's going to be a  L  O  N  G  month!







12 comments:

  1. On my 2009 Mac Book pro the track pad quit last summer and is too old to fix, so I picked up a wireless mouse. I loved the trac pad, Guess I will have to suffer until I need to replace this Mac.
    Wow you Weber Q looks like new! Glad you are using it and that the steaks turned out perfect for you.
    And thanks for the shout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Weber has probably been used ten times. You have inspired me to greater BBQ'ing!

      Delete
  2. Hate the time change,takes a long time to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does ... which means naps ... which means I don't sleep well at night .. not that I did anyway! LOL

      Delete
  3. We just ignore the time and watch for the sun.
    I remember putting away our Halloween Decorations and starting the Outdoor Christmas Decorations the next day. Since I was still working (Bad Words) every night after supper i was busy. The Twenty Thousand Lights got turned on December 1st until Jan 2nd. It was a Photo Stop for many of the people in the area.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can’t go wrong with Heorge’s cookbook🤗

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the default is 2 finger tap instead of the usual 1 is a right click. There's also a setting where you can change right click to be pressing (until it physically makes a click, not just tapping) the lower right hand corner of the touchpad. I agree, there are some things that are just easier with a mouse (for me it's trying to use Google maps).
    -Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHA!!! I tried just about everything but that. I'll give it a shot just in case this happens again!! Thanks Joanna!!

      Delete
  6. The mouse on my Apple died as well I tried to use a Logitech. It was a pain to use on a spreadsheet. I could scroll with it. So I broke down and paid the $79.99 uh round up $80.00 plus tax.
    JWM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Apple mouse is just the best!! Eventually when I have to change my Photoshop to the Cloud version, I'll update and get another one.

      Delete
  7. Nancy,
    One is on its way to you via post office. It was just taking up space in a drawer as I'm (happily) back to a PC.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Miss Terry!!! I remember your Mac troubles. I look forward to it!!!

      Delete