Sunday, November 5, 2017

Lousy Daylight Savings Time

Whoever invented this thing called daylight savings time needs to be shot.  I'm sorry, but forcing people to change their sleeping habits twice a year is just ridiculous.  In spite of my efforts to stay up til 10:30 last night so I would sleep later, I woke up even earlier than usual.

Worse yet, try to explain that to Cooper whose inner clock you can set your watch by.  Yes we wake up every day at this time and you get fed, but THIS day, we're going to sleep an hour later and wake up at the same time.  It was a no go.  Apparently from now on I'll be getting up at 4:00 am.  To be honest, I really try to stick to that schedule.  It's just the thought that I'm getting up at 4:00 am that kills me, not to mention going to bed at 8:00.  I'll just get used to the new schedule before going to Arizona where I'll be an hour off again.

I made it to the quilt store yesterday to find it packed full of crazy quilting women.  Never go on the first Saturday of the month.  When they finally cleared out, I was able to get backing for this quilt that I sewed together yesterday.  In spite of all the embroidery, it went together easily, lays flat and is much more flexible than I imagined.
Next up ... new pillowcases.  I just love the sewing pattern for these, and they fit perfectly.  There are only three seams and they can be finished in under 20 minutes.  
They add a little pop of color to an otherwise boring beige bedroom.  My decorating skills need a little help.  In fact, my entire house is beigey white neutrals.  That must be why I like Mexico so much ... all that beautiful color!!
I whipped up a couple more for the Children's Hospital (love the kitty fabric) and realized I like the darker border much better.  I'll keep that in mind since I need some cases for Lost Horse Ranch.
It was a Mexican inspired day with tamales for lunch, followed by the flan I made in my Instant Pot.  Here's a picture of the yummy caramel sauce!!  I have four more I'm guarding in the fridge.  
I'm desperately in need of dog food and bird food, but since it's only 5:00, I've a long six hour wait for the stores to open.  I may just crash on the couch for a couple of hours .... take THAT daylight savings time!!



8 comments:

  1. One more reason to love Arizona. No daylight savings time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you ever wanted to know how the mad hatter make time fly

    http://www.azcentral.com/story/travel/2017/03/06/why-arizona-doesnt-observe-daylight-saving-time/98639074/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The history of it is interesting ... the reasoning is not.

      Delete
  3. We always change a lot every year, 3 time zones and then daylight savings time coming west then going back east, just go with the flow, at least we don't have a pet that does not understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could deal with it little by little, but these kids of mine have an amazingly accurate internal clock.

      Delete
  4. Try having a dog like Skruffy who, due to her diabetes, has to eat twice a day, 12 hours apart along with a shot of insulin each time. Here in California we do this at 7 am and 7 pm, back in Florida we do it at 8 am and 8 pm. For the past two weeks I have been moving the time by 5-10 minutes every few days or so, so today (Sunday morning) she was ready to eat at 6:55, which yesterday was 7:50. It worked, but it was a pain in the you know what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm ... that sounds like a good idea. Maybe it will work with mine!!

      Delete