Wednesday, November 1, 2017

HALLOWEEN FUN!!

Always one of my favorite holidays, Halloween is lots of fun around this house.  More fun when I have a little more time to set things up, however.
With no tractor drivers at all remaining at the Patch, I drove until 1:30, whereupon I walked all the way to the office to remind the girls to QUIT selling tokens.  In fact, I took the tokens away from them!!  At 2:00 I ran the last run ... and what do you think happened?  A BLACK CAT ran across the road in front of me.  He's been hiding in the corn field, scarfing up on all the mice.  I figured it was a sign of good luck.

I got home in time to drag out the rest of the decorations, hoping to figure out how to get everything to work with just one outlet.
At long last, I was ready to go, except the lighted moving headstone didn't want to light.  After some discussion with myself, I found one tiny light bulb was crushed.  With surgical precision, I pulled it out with some mini pliers and stuck in a new one.  VOILA!!!  I love it when that happens!
Then it was time for me.  Unfortunately, I didn't have ENOUGH time to hit the stores for the required makeup ... mostly reddish pink for around my eyes.  In spite of the drawers and buckets of makeup I have, nothing was really dark enough for the Mad Hatter.  
I quickly discovered the Mad Hatter can't see without her glasses, so I had to stick them on.  Not too bad since they are actually copper colored.  The eyebrows were another story.  I figured to cut a string of hair from the back and stick them over my eyebrows.  I found an old tube of false eyelash glue ... that should work.  Unfortunately, it worked a little too well.  

I got the eyebrows off later in the evening, but my REAL eyebrows will be permanently glued to my forehead.  No matter what I tried, the glue would not come off.  Could have had something to do with it being five years old.  I even tried acetone ... nothing.  Those little eyebrow hairs aren't going anywhere any time soon!!  By the way, the hat and hair are courtesy of the Mad Hatter Hat Shop in Disneyland from about seven years ago.
The little ghosts on the bottom left are from a spiral machine stuck in the grass.  It made really weird flashing lights appear in my living room through the glass windows beside the door.  Although I would prefer the fog machine keep the fog low, it rises immediately, making my house look like it's on fire.  No matter, the kids loved it!!
Here's a closeup of me and my buddy.  He's a perfect companion ... being motion activated, he starts talking every time someone comes near the porch.  The perfect door bell!!  Yes he does scare the little kids, so I always try to meet them at the door.
About 70 critters, cops, princesses and butterflies came by for candy.  Seems Transformers are still the hit of the day.  I'm pretty sure 90% of the costumes came from Costco.

So once again I say goodbye to my Buddy as he goes back in the box to await next Halloween.  It's time to get my house in shape ... what a disaster it's become ... and await the Plumber who is going to fix my hot water problem for $381.  The manufacturer thinks it's a scale problem from my well water.  







7 comments:

  1. So much fun yo had and love your Mad hatter. I am sure all the kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I scared a couple of littles, but got nice compliments from the parents!!

      Delete
  2. Marcia said, "No way that's Nancy!", until she saw the one with your glasses on. Sleep well Mr. Butler...until next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ... wish I had better makeup ... Marcia would never have recognized me!! That's the fun of Halloween!!

      Delete
  3. Who needs Halloween anyways,,, when you have a Blogger like Nick over in gypsy journal
    i'm going to have to have a serious word with him
    And for his information I'm alive and kicking a lot of kicking

    ReplyDelete