Thursday, December 29, 2016

It's Okay ... You Can Laugh!!

Sometimes I think if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.  If I couldn't laugh at the things that happen to me, I'd be a wreck for sure!!  Yes, all those things I talked about yesterday, actually happened.  Sad, but oh so true!!

I'm going on day seven of this flu crud, whatever it is and I'm exhausted.  I feel like one of Cooper's toys that had all of it's bones broken before being tossed in a corner.

The wracking cough has subsided somewhat, while the little man with the hammer that lives in my head is pounding away.  I've decided that I'm getting the flu shot next year.  If there is even a 20% chance that I won't have to go through this again, I'm going for it!!  Then I'll just hibernate until time to leave in January.  Or better yet, I'll fool that flu bug and leave the first of December!!

I'm sure you heard on the news there really WAS an earthquake with it's epicenter near Henderson Nevada.  I've been through several since living in the Valley.  The good news is when the BIG one hits, I should have waterfront property, if I'm still here.  In other words, there's no real danger where I live.

Earthquakes come in two varieties ... the swaying, rocking and rolling kind that make you nauseous, like you have lost your equilibrium, and the hard jolting type like night before last.  Ninety nine percent of people in California slept right through it, so it wasn't all that jolting after all.

The only bad one I've felt was when I worked on the top floor of a three story building when the Coalinga quake hit.  Luckily, my building was earthquake proof.  It was built on rollers so it would move with the quake.   All that swaying was a little scary but in the end, there was no damage in this area at all.

It's going to be another exciting day on the couch and I'm hoping Jessie doesn't get sick again.  I did not get the garage door fixed, but at least it can't be opened from the outside.  I have two more days of Lean Cuisine and a dozen eggs for food, so I won't die of starvation.

I'll be on the couch .......

8 comments:

  1. Animals can contract viruses from their owners especially when they are closed up in a building filled with the germs. Try the fresh air approach a few times a day everyday. You will heel faster.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!
    In your case just get better.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now putting myself out with the dogs for our morning walk in the back yard. The fresh air does feel pretty good!! Thank you for the good advice.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Nancy, I am so sorry to hear that you are still sick. Is your hand any better? You have been through the wringer! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not get a chance to reply about driving with our generator on and running the coach air, if needed. We do, and it exercises the generator, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol ... never thought about the exercise part. Good idea!!

      Delete
  4. I think if you were as calendar challenged as I am, you could have tricked this flu into thinking it wasn't December. Seriously, hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to try next year Jan. This sucks big time!!

      Delete