Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Did Time Stop??

The rain continued most of the day yesterday, making Californians happy as can be.  That meant overcast skies, so much so that I had to keep inside lights on.  That made it feel like 5:00 ALL day long.  Time actually came to a standstill!!  I know there's the same number of awake hours in every day, but I'm sure yesterday had at least 25 in it.  It was just one of those days that went on forever!!

Since I couldn't seem to drag myself to the outside world, I finished up this quilt which I'm donating to the VFW for their spring raffle.  I have no idea why I picked these crazy colors.  It's WAY to bright for me, but hopefully someone will love it enough to bid high.  I have a terrible time letting go of these things once I make them.  I'm not crazy about the colors, but the flowered quilting is amazing.
This is Turning Twenty Again that I picked up in Astoria Oregon.  I was really burning up the sewing machine yesterday.  This one just needs backing and binding material to finish it up.  Unfortunately, my favorite fabric store in Sonora has closed it's doors, so it will take some hunting for material before I can complete this one.
Can you tell I was bored all day??  If I keep this up, I'll have to go on another trip for more material!! This one isn't stitched together yet, it's just hanging on my wall while I move the squares around.  My trick is to take a picture with my phone, then look at it the next day.  For some reason, I can then see what I want to move where.
That's it ... boring day #195 in the bag.  I guess I should be glad I'm not worried about getting a place to park the rig or where I'm getting fuel.  

You will all be happy to know that I've ordered the ice cream for the WMHA Rally in Indio.  My Golden Spike friends will be thrilled to know they won't be attacked by ice cream loving seniors this January.

I have one favor to ask of everyone today.  My RV friends Betty and Joe Graffis have just learned Joe has cancer that has spread pretty far.  Please everyone send them lots of love and prayers to help them through this difficult time.

It's Magic Kingdom night at the Elks and I'll be on the infernal machine.  I better go practice my relaxation don't-strangle-them techniques!!





No comments:

Post a Comment