Friday, January 7, 2022

YUMA!!! And The Weather Is FINE!

 I was up early with two cups of coffee to make sure I was wide awake for the hookup yesterday.  It takes concentration ... which all went completely out the window like a tornado was sucking all the air out of the RV cover.  

I know you'll be laughing.  This time for me, not so much.  I put the chocks under the tires like I was supposed to, only apparently I put them in the wrong place.  By the time I hooked up, I was completely stuck, not able to go forward or back, nor could I get the chocks loose.  What the heck?  

It took almost unhooking, along with some kicking and shoving as I pretended the chocks were responsible for the entire fiasco.  Eventually I got them loose.  Trust me, I'll never do THAT again!!  

So finally we were off down the five hour road to Yuma.  Traffic was light and I cruised along with no problems.  YAY!!  Seriously, driving is the easy part!!  Parking is another story!!


My plans to stop along the way to let Jonathan rest and Cooper mark the entire territory of Arizona as his, were also thrown to the wind when every single rest stop was closed.  For Elva and Jerry, I want you to know the feed lot full of cattle is still there near Wellton, smelling just like a feed lot full of cattle.  It doesn't bother me ... I was born and raised in it.  I waved at your lot as we sailed by.

Once I got over those mountains ahead, I was in Yuma.  Luckily I maneuvered around the two round-d-rounds with ease and headed to the Palms RV Park.  


Now came the REAL test of my driving skills.  I failed miserably.  It took two men and a woman to direct me into the space.  "Turn left" ... ummmm does that mean the truck left or the trailer left??  I almost made it when all of a sudden the trailer wouldn't move.  What the heck?

No amount of pulling was going to do it.  I got out and spotted the emergency cable had pulled loose from the brake connection.  Don't ask me how because I don't know.  We plugged it back in and VOILA .. it moved.  Who knew??  I put that little tidbit in my brain for next time because I KNOW there will be a next time.

The good news is we made it and I got it leveled and hooked up to power with no problems.  Whew!!!  After a nice long talk with Ray and Cindy, in whose parking space I now reside, I went back to the rig to find a puppy dog suffering from separation anxiety. He's no more used to this rig than I am.

Ok, let's go for a short walk.  It turned out to be a rather long walk when I got lost.  This is a huge park and none of the roads go all the way through, or at least I couldn't find one.  We made it back just in time for a delicious enchilada dinner Cindy had made.  


Jonathan seems to be doing okay since his cage is on a heating pad ... he's pretty tired after that 5 hour trip.  In desperation I finally gave Cooper a new ball to keep him occupied.  Eventually he settled down.


Early this morning we are heading off to Algodones for meds, then off to the fabric store.  My credit card is so excited!!!


10 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to Yuma with just the normal new trailer mishaps. You're going to be a pro before you know it. Enjoy the great weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your turning back and forth must of snagged the cable, happened to me once too, a bit frustrating until you realize what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when it wouldn't move even half an inch. I guess I know it will work if there's an accident!!

      Delete
  3. You did good! I don't believe that I could park our fiver unless it was in the desert or on the Ridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say it wasn't pretty, but at least I did it!

      Delete
  4. Oh darn. The feed lot is still there? Oh well. That's what makes Wellton what is is....charming...lol. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read you made it to Yuma safe and sound. Enjoy you trip into Mexico but more importantly enjoy the Quilt shop...lol

    ReplyDelete