Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Not One But TWO Blogs Today

 REPORT ON FIRST DAY


I ran my generator until 8:00 last night, then played with my phone until bed time.  The heater was set at 65 degrees.  That's still too cold for Jonathan but there's nothing I can do at the moment.  

This morning I checked the batteries.  All I have is four lights that come on, depending on whether the battery is above 12.3, or 11.7 or 11.2.  That means I really have no idea where the batteries are actually at.

I dug out my cheesy little flashlight at 4:30 so I could make coffee in the dark.  It actually worked really well, so I'm probably getting another one to keep in the bedroom.  All my electricity has to go to the heater.  It's gas by the way, but the fan is electric.

The heater came on about 6:00 and I quickly checked the batteries.  The starting had pulled it down to the 11.7 mark so I turned it off.  Poor Jonathan is shivering in his cage.  Obviously this isn't going to work unless I get solar and at least one more battery.

It's almost 8:00 so the generator is going on.  At this point I think my best bet is to run the generator until 10:00 at night, hopefully giving me more heater until at least 9:00 in the morning when the sun will be up to warm us a bit.  

Where did the warm Arizona sun go to????

6 comments:

  1. Are you using Reflectix over your windows? I know you used it before in your motorhome. We cover all of our windows with it and it keeps the warm in during the winter, and it keeps the cold in during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used I yet. I need to get another roll, plus in this rig, there are no window sills to set it in. It's going to have to be put in with velcro I think.

      Delete
  2. measure your battery bay if you can put two more batteries in them you'll increase your run time
    also where are you don't have you're blue flame pick up a Mr. buddy heater get the adapter that goes into the cylinder portion get a 5 foot hose and a 5 pound propane bottle set it on low open a window 1 inch and you'll run it all night And Use no electric
    Mr. buddies run around $90 or less 5 pound propane tank cylinder is 60 bucks hose adapter is 30 .... 👍electricity is zero
    I would stay away from the propane fill adapter the one that they used to fill the green bottles they're not reliable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of room for more batteries, and I'll get getting more. This has definitely been an experience. Only been here two days and know I need more power.

      Delete
  3. Glad to read you made it safe and sound. We will see you all sometime tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete