Saturday, January 1, 2022

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

We made it to 2022.  YAY!!!  I have to admit I never thought I would see this many years on the calendar. I remembering thinking in the year 2000 (remember Y2K?) that I had passed the century mark like the people of the 1800's going into the 1900's.  A remarkable achievement considering the things I have done in my life.  

And now here we are at 2022!!!  Yikes, the years are streaming by fast!!  I hope this new year finds you and your family happy and healthy, ready for a crack at another year!!


I didn't party until midnight, heck I didn't even party until 9:00 before I was asleep on the couch.  The neighbor firing off four strings of fire crackers woke me up in time to watch a bit of Nashville New Years before hitting the sack.  

I was rather surprised to find that my electric blanket had died a horrible death.  What's up with that?  They used to last for years and years.  Now I can barely get two years out of one before it goes to blanket heaven, better known as the trash can.

I'm always happy when I wake up every morning.  Not quite as happy as I COULD be if my machine was working.  I had joined a group on-line to gather information, so I posed my problem to see if anyone had a clue.  Many very nice ladies responded with fixes to try.  

I tried every one of them.  It appears one of the connection cords must be bad.  I unplugged everything and plugged it all back in several times, but nothing would fix the problem.  I called the factory techs, but they were all on vacation, of course ... it's New Year's Eve.


No amount of tweaking would satisfy the Quilting Gods.  I'm pretty sure however that it's going to take more than a week to get the new whatever to make her purr like a kitten.  This is not a good start to the New Year!!


As a diversion, Mr. Chance drove over so we could contemplate the concrete blocks in my driveway.  It rained pretty hard all morning long obscuring the mountain tops that now have a dusting of snow.  Our temperatures are going to get down to 28 degrees tonight.  BRRRRR ..... 

We would have started work, but the end caps he wants to use were still at the concrete block factory, which of course was closed because .... well you know why.  That project has now been moved back to Monday also.


Since there was absolutely nothing else going on, Pup Paralysis quickly set in as we scoured the TV screen by the hour for something to watch.  So many channels have disappeared from Dish Network, leaving me with loads of kids cartoons (who makes up these things?) and plenty of Little House On The Prairie re-runs.  I never watched that the first time around.  I'm sure this is done so you will jump up to the next package and pay more.  Am I right??


Later today I'm going to whip up a Mexican feast to take to the Chance Ranch.  I'm hoping tamales on New Year's Day will bring good luck to my quilting machine.  Here's hoping everyone has a spectacular, prosperous and happy NEW YEAR!!



18 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope you get things up and running soon so you can quilt to your hearts content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me TOO!!! Not the best start to the New Year, but I'm hoping that means it will get better quickly!!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! You with your new quilting machine and me with my new inverter. I finally dropped RV Connection when they didn't call back Thursday and called their competition to come find the problem. Oh well. It's only money 🤑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well rats Doug!! I hate it when stuff like this happens. We seem to be in the same boat.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, good health, and having lots of fun with the new quilting machine once it gets running! Waiting to see the finished quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene ..... I hope 2022 treats you and your family well.

      Delete
  4. Mexican Feast! Yum. I made chicken enchiladas two nights ago, and lamb last night, so we had leftover enchiladas for breakfast tonight. (we use Mission brand low carb tortillas)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had lamb in ages, but I know you are a great cook. I bet it tasted wonderful!!

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday, here is to a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Tucson nephew sent us 10 dozen flour tortillas by UPS. They were supposed to arrive yesterday. Bummer.....no Tucson tortillas to go with our chorizo breakfast. Not a good way to start the year...lol. Happy New Year....Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOOO ..... Hopefully they show up today or tomorrow!! Mexican food is good luck, right??

      Delete
  7. The chinese use inferior wire in making your blanket. Works fine for a while, but impurities in the wire and poor control over the gauge of the wire make it fail sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea. How very interesting. I knew Chinese stuff was inferior, but I didn't know why. I probably did good to get 2 years out of it.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year!
    Sorry to hear you are not having fun quilting away on your new machine. Fingers crossed you will be doing so soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I trying to keep a smiley face going .. Happy New Year to you and your entire family!

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year, Nancy and Happy Birthday to boot! I wish you all the best in 2022 but mostly that it starts off with a working long arm! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy .... that's my wish also! I just have to be more patient I suppose.

      Delete