Monday, January 24, 2022

JUST A LITTLE WARNING!

I should have made it perfectly clear yesterday that you should never take any medications without the approval of your doctor.  Everything I take, no matter where I purchase it, has been discussed with my doctor beforehand at some point.

In years past I have had many cases of flu that always end in severe sinus infections, I suppose due to my Mohammed Ali nose that's been broken a time or two.  The z-paks are the only thing that has fixed that problem, but only at the direction of a doctor.  I have no idea if they actually work on THIS flu.  

Note: For this flu I took the standard stuff ... plenty of vitamins D, B and C, querceten, zinc, aspirin and gatorade.  

Isn't it funny that you can purchase so many antibiotics in Mexico for pittance with no prescription, but you can't buy anything in the U.S. without a $200 visit to the doctor, followed by the $75 (or more) medication.  Do they not have doctors in Mexico?  Why were my last $175 prescription pills, only $12 across the border?  

The bottles look the same, but here they take the pills out of the bottle and put them in ANOTHER bottle with lots of labels.  Maybe that's the difference in price, I don't know, but it seems rather ridiculous we are being SO overcharged!!

Yes, my doctor (or rather P.A. or even N.A.) know all about my border crossings.  They have even tested me before and after on a few occasions, to find the meds work.  One even asked me to pick up her prescriptions while I was there, which I did not do.  

So please, do not take any medications without the okay from whoever you see for those things.

In the meantime, Cooper is SO happy we are back in THIS home.  He got to play the ball game for about two hours yesterday.  That ended up testing my stamina (I failed) and my patience.  


I did watch one of the most edge-of-your-seat football games I've ever seen ... Kansas City against whoever in heck they were playing because I was so fascinated with Mahomes, I can't remember anything else.  Buffalo ... they played the Bills.  

Good grief, in the last two minutes, I think there were three touchdowns.  Mahomes at one point threw underhanded actually UNDER another player and it was caught.  Every second, the Bills thought they had it won until in the last 9 seconds I think it was, Mahomes got them down field far enough to throw a touchdown for the win.  This game will go down in history!!

I'm pretty sure there was another game I watched earlier, but it was completely forgotten after THAT matchup!!   So was the laundry that I did mid day that was still in the machine.

To finish off the night, I had some wonderful chicken pot pie soup and biscuits, dropped off to the sickie by my closest neighbors Shirley and Tom.  I cannot tell you how lucky I am to have plopped into this neighborhood.  Although my stomach is not sure what all this stuff is that keeping coming down the pipe, I'm loving every bite!!


Yes, she just cuts her biscuits long ways instead of making rounds.  That means more yummy crusty stuff!!

The best news is I slept like a log last night and didn't wake up until 4:30.  What a blessing that was.  I'm again feeling better and breathing normally,  just a little tired.  For some weird reason, I have no problem just sitting on there couch all day long watching mind-numbing TV.  I hope that changes soon!

This morning I will venture out for a few minutes.  I placed an order with Safeway that I can pick up just by driving by.  I only ordered ten things, so it shouldn't overtax me or my foggy brain.  How do I know it's foggy?  Because I keep doing all those brain games so I know when I'm back to normal, or at last some semblance of normal.

I'll again be on the couch!!!  But not for long!!


19 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have such wonderful neighbors. YUM! Glad you got over this so quickly :) Nice to have the drive up service at Safeway or other places when needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Safeway has been a blessing, but not as much as my neighbors.

      Delete
  2. You forgot to mention the ivermectin you are taking that is left over from your horse owning days! We like to have a supply of Z Packs on hand at our household as well but are now dangerously low.

    I got lectured by the doctor for Amoxicillin for an infection I had a few months ago. I was doing the right thing but not the right dose. I needed to double the dose.

    We watched all 4 games this weekend and although the KC game was the best, they were all decided in the last minute or so, they were some of the best games we have seen in a long time!

    I am about 85%, got back to work yesterday but paid for it later in the day when I just plain ran out of energy and turned into a couch potato. Going to try to get outside and do some work today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I'm out of ivermectin and so is everyone else around here. Too funny they are all taking horse medicine ... and it works. At least the football games gave is something to do!! Hope you are feeling better every day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. A bit, with a little setback here and there. Ugh!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better. You are right about the meds. Our doctor knows that I get my shingles prescription across the border and he says go for it! :) Thankfully, so far, that is all I need. Bill still gets his cholesterol meds at home because they are mostly covered.
    You have wonderful neighbours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have great neighbors ... all of them ... well maybe not ALL. LOL

      Delete
  5. If you want to just fritter away a yucky day and you have dish TV, go to channel 373 I think it is and you can watch You Tube videos forever. My favorites are the Indian blacksmiths who can make pretty much any thing out of mostly scrap metal. Something for everybody there, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check out that channel. I would love to see the creations.

      Delete
  6. Good nutritious food and a good night's sleep....priceless. Thanks for the heads up about the 2nd game. I would have missed a thriller. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Elva ... it was edge-of-your-seat watching.

      Delete
  7. In answer to your first question is very simple The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), a regulatory agency within the Department of Health and Human Services, regulates the safety and effectiveness of drugs sold in the United States in order to practice medicine in the US all doctors have to write a prescription
    And that's a blessing in dollars for your health care provider
    Unlike Canada and Mexico they don't have an FDA regulates standard prescriptions only narcotic drugs.
    Remember one biggest equation 90% of all medication are not made in the US they're made in other countries So the $10 pill that you pay in the US only cost five cents in any other country
    You can but do realize you do not need to go to a doctor in Mexico to get the same diagnose all you need to do is see the pharmacist except for Control drugs And to think that the meds that you buy in Mexico cost so little think of a profit margin to the US pharmacist
    I believe you said you were on atenolol. Type in who manufactures atenolol
    Atenolol is a generic version is manufactured by three separate companies Milan / Sadoz / Teva by Zydus
    pharmaceuticals
    Or if you wanna do the research you can go to a website of the national library of medicine all you have to do is type in your medication in the search box it'll tell you where it was made
    Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead scare yourself read this article
      https://www.uschina.org/united-states-dependent-china-pharmaceuticals

      Delete
    2. It's all about profit, that's for sure!!!

      Delete
  8. Yes Mom 😁 Glad you're feeling better and I'm sad that I was under MH instead of somewhere watching KC beat the Bills 😮‍💨 Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries ... you'll get to watch them next Sunday Doug!!

      Delete
  9. I was just about healed up from the Bill's loss last night. Then I thought well I will read Nancy's blog and WHAM , I was right back to feeling bad again. Who can't hold opponent scoreless with just seconds left. Well we found out didn't we . (P.S. it was a heck of a game )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen such an ending to a game ... not even close! I bet you'll be sitting on the couch in front of the TV next Sunday!! Me too!

      Delete