Monday, January 31, 2022

Watching Some Playoffs

Nothing will get me out of bed faster than hearing my front driveway alarm going off at 4:00 am.  Coyotes rarely set it off, nor do bunnies, but two-legged critters definitely will.  I never did see anything as I crept around the corner with gun in hand.  That's the first time it's happened in ages ... and you never can be too careful!

My morning coffee turned out to be an inside affair with temperatures creeping into the low 30's.  Much later in the morning, I decided to finally tackle the challenge of the day.  Cooper has needed a bath for months.  It's definitely not his favorite activity and he shivered like a champ.  

The hair dryer isn't his thing either, but he stood still while I brushed and combed him, with a terribly pathetic expression on his face.  At last he was good enough, although still pretty wet around the ears.


He got a treat for being such a good boy.  I still have to keep that fire ant bite covered so he doesn't lick it 24-7 ... that's the blue bandage.  It seems no matter what I put on it, he insists on licking.


Although a day late, Walmart finally delivered my two filing cabinets.  This is a really cheap way to make furniture for sewing and cutting.  I'll get a hollow core door to sit on top, the perfect height for cutting or sewing, then hang my huge roll of batting between the two on a dowel.  $150 beats $2,000 any day.


While waiting for the football games to come on, I put a few blocks of this quilt together.  Gee ... only 40 more to go!!  It's just to keep me occupied until the quilting machine gets back home tomorrow.


Sooooo lets watch some FOOTBALL!!  Mahomes killed it in the first half.  It's just amazing to watch him.


Then everything completely fell apart in the second half.  I don't think the Bengals won the game, I think Kansas City LOST it.  Good for them however, since they haven't been to a Super Bowl since the 80's.


Next up ... San Francisco against Los Angeles.  I'm not a big fan of either, but I would rather SF win than LA.  I'm also finding out I'm not a fan of Dish Network.  For whatever reason, they have removed the Fox Network completely.  That meant there would be no football watching for me.


Well thanks to Elva, I got to see the entire game.  Of course I may not have a phone for the next two weeks .......

Seems you can download Yahoo Sports App and watch those games for free on your phone.  I've no doubt it used up most all of my unlimited data.  You see their idea of unlimited and MY idea of unlimited are not even close to the same.  Sadly, LA won.

Now on to the next major project here.  I was doing one load of laundry yesterday when all of a sudden there was lots of gurgling.  I ran to the machine in time to see water coming out of the drain pipe.  I quickly unplugged it and cleaned up the mess.  As you are all aware, it's so exciting to clean underneath a washer that's been there for five years.

I was finally able to get it to drain without dumping any more water on the floor.  SO ... there will be no more laundry around here until I find a plumber to check the lines.  This was not on my list of fun things!  Big sigh!!!!  

Otherwise, it's just a waiting game for the longarm to be delivered tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll check out the game camera and see who came to visit me.





10 comments:

  1. When the guy comes out to run a snake down the line, watch and see how far he has to run the line. Most likely it will be less than 25 feet (you can ask him, he will tell you). I got a RYOBI 25' Drain Auger for about $80 from Home Depot that I use when our disposal line clogs up. Clearing a Washer line should be pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that's the problem ... just a quick cleanout.

      Delete
  2. Games didnt go as expected but I'm happy for the winners anyway. That little Cooper looks as white as sxxw 🐩 you may want to Google the drain problem before calling a plumber. Might be an easy solution like running a hose down the drain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid to mess with the drains here. If something came apart, I'd be in trouble!!!

      Delete
  3. Those were a couple of good games! You were right about KC losing that game, they just could not keep up the momentum they had in the first half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was that last play before the half ... messed up their mojo!

      Delete
  4. Oh no. Plumbing problems are surely no fun. We've had a couple of issues here. I agree about unlimited wifi...shouldn't that mean unlimited with the same speed? Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And really, what does it matter how fast the wifi is? I'm guessing it doesn't cost them a thing!!

      Delete
  5. Scary hearing an alarm at 4 am!!
    Cooper looks fresh as a daisy, such a sweetheart. ❤🐕
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow's delivery.

    ReplyDelete