Saturday, January 15, 2022

The Shades Of A Sunrise

 I love it when I get lucky exploring the desert.  Yesterday morning was one of those days.  I took Cooper for a walk early on to discover amazing clouds and color.  It started out small and sweeping.


As we walked along, the sun began to peak over the mountains.  I'm ready for it because it's rather chilly.


As I walked around the cactus, this beautiful scene appeared.  I wish my little phone camera could do it justice.


In no time, there were splashes of pink all around me.  Mother Nature painted a gorgeous one on this morning.


As I returned to the rig, Patsy and Gibbs were coming out, so we made another trip around the area, being sure to sidestep the Magic Circle.  Why you ask?  Because there's a big sign that says CLOTHING OPTIONAL.  I doubt they would be out on a chilly cold morning, but we weren't taking any chances.


On the way back, Patsy showed me the artwork she had found the day before.  Someone spent some time doing this rock piece.


The REAL day began when Bill, Patsy and I headed back to Tyson Wells to purchase a nice 14' ladder for me so I can check my roof.  Turns out my luck was with me on this day.  I got the very last one.  While carrying it back, I could have sold it five times.  People kept stopping me and asking where I got it because they had been looking to buy one.  


The big item on Bill's list was a tall piece of purple amethyst crystal a friend had asked them to purchase for her.  When I told a nice gentleman I didn't know anything about rocks, he said "yeah, I can tell that".  He might have gotten a big sale had he answered some questions, but he wasn't very forthcoming.  He did say he mined crystals in Kentucky?  To make them black, they bombard them with gamma rays (or something like that), raising the price to the multiple thousands.  

One little lady said you buy the crystal that sends out vibes when you hold it.  Okay then ... Patsy and I immediately grabbed a couple to check it out.  Nothing!  We got nothing!!


I think we wandered through four big buildings, checking out all their rocks.  Some were $500, some $5,000.  We did finally figure out the darker the purple, the more expensive.  After some searching, we returned to one Patsy had spotted earlier and SUCCESS, the purchase was made.  


Not long after we returned, Patsy and Bill invited me over for a sweet treat.  Pillsbury cinnamon rolls!!  Oh my goodness they were good.  It's been quite awhile since I had one.  Obviously I didn't turn down THAT invitation!!

When dinnertime rolled around, we all moseyed on down to Gringo's to listen to the music and have a bite to eat.


For some reason, the music never appeared, but the food did, on huge plates.  Yup ... I forgot to take a picture of my fish and chips.  The chips ran out, so we got tater tots.  I was so excited because I didn't have to cook!!! 


Sadly, my little pup Cooper isn't doing well this morning.  We were up all night long going and going and going.  I've no idea what the problem is, so I'll be staying close to home to keep an eye on him today.




16 comments:

  1. I hope Cooper is okay! That purple amethyst is beautiful, I do not even want to know what that cost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those amethyst ... some were $500 and some $5000 and we couldn't tell the difference! Cooper is better, thank goodness!

      Delete
  2. How's Cooper doing? Have been enjoying your sunrise pics and mine are very similar,taken with my phone,from the backyard.
    The brilliant colors just amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooper is better!!! I agree ... it's the colors that are magificent.

      Delete
  3. Hope it was just a bad night for Cooper and he's feeling better already! That amethyst is gorgeous! Love the sunrise pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunrise pictures before I got out there were awesome!
    Ah, poor Cooper, hope he is feeling better today. Such a little sweetie pie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Cooper ate something that disagreed with him. Hope he pops out of it. Never been big on buying rocks but some people love them. Watch that Patsy. She'll hook you on some good desserts 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he did ... I finally figured it out. Yup Patsy has a way with cooking! LOL

      Delete
  6. Your sunrise pictures....absolutely beautiful. Years ago my dog got sick. The vet said she had the flu. Right at the same time my cousin's dog got sick. Her vet said the same thing...the flu. There's lot of flu going around. So whatever is going on with Cooper I hope he recovers quickly. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thoughts are with you and Cooper, hope it is nothing serious.

    Back in 2013 or 2014 Marcia had a Family Doctor (her previous one went to the VA to work) who, as we were visiting her, tried to sell us a couple of Crystals which she said would help with Marcia's MS and general healing. Needless to say, Marcia reported her, and we moved on to our current doctor who is now my doctor too, and we just love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, that's different. I've heard they work for some people, but apparently not me! LOL

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous sunrise pictures. I need to get up and out earlier...lol
    It was a nice dinner out with friends. We could not complain about the amount of food on the plate that is for sure.
    Tom mentioned he had talked to you this afternoon and Cooper was not feeling well. Hopefully he is feeling better by the time you read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a huge amount of food!! And quite tasty! The sunrises seem to be better than the sunsets at the moment, but they come up so early!!! LOL

      Delete