Monday, January 3, 2022

Blowing In The New Year!

 Out with the old and in with the new!  Mother Nature is definitely trying to get rid of 2021 for good!  The wind has been blowing ever since New Years.  Not just a little wind, but 15-20 mph day and night.  Combined with a chill factor of 18 degrees (not really, but it feels like it) and a temperature of 30-40, I've been cuddled up with Cooper on the couch.

Of course I tried a couple more times to get my machine running, but to no avail.  With no quilt projects to work on since I didn't bring any, envisioning myself quilting the entire time, I binge-watched TV.  That is truly not my forte because along with TV comes eating and eating.  My zero sense of willpower isn't helping with a freezer full of cookies.

What did I watch?  Well first I downloaded the Paramount+ App and was able to watch the first in the series on my phone.  I skipped through everything I could since that kills my phone data.  Yes I have unlimited from way back when, but that doesn't mean they can't slow it down ... and they did.  It costs $4.99 per month to watch their shows on your phone.  You can also ... somehow ... send it to your internet router and watch it on your TV.  

Once that was over, I randomly found that crazy weird show Resident Alien.  Who watches this stuff?  Well me when there's nothing else on.  I watched probably ten episodes that must have been straight out of someone's nightmares.  Now of course I'm hooked and have to see what happens to him this season.

The cold weather and winds didn't keep the critters away however.  At least I had a little bit of distraction. The coyotes were out and about in spite of the wind.  I heard them very close to the house while I was setting up the camera, but they didn't stop by until later.  

I'm not sure just who they smell here, but it's enough to make them both mark the water station as theirs.  Just what you wanted to see, right??  


This was truly a surprise visit.  BABIES!!!  I've never seen javelina babies around here, just a few big mamas snorting about.  They didn't stop for a drink, but I sure loved seeing them.


The afternoon found me over at the Chance household since Dan can now access the 1883 series on his big screen.  We watched the first one over again and I caught up on all the little pieces I missed.  As with any movie that includes cowboys and their horses, I see little things here and there, like they are mostly all sporting brand new saddles, bridles and harnesses.  Seriously, they need a true ranch hand on set.

Other than that, it does seem to be pretty true to what we think life might have been like back then.  It's pretty raw and gritty with lots of death and destruction, so if that's not your thing, you probably won't want to watch it.

Dinner was Mr. Chance's beef stew .... which I forgot to take pictures of.  It is always the best I've ever eaten.  Just like Patty's meals, there's something about the hand that stirs the pot, because try as I might with the same ingredients, I can never duplicate it.

We're going to start on that wall this afternoon if the Wind Gods will quit blowing up a storm.  And yes, I'm waiting for that phone call about my quilting machine.  I sure would like to get at least ONE done before I leave for Yuma, dog and bird in tow.


4 comments:

  1. You're right! Those Javelinas are cute when young. 1883 is realistic like the ones we watched as kids. Do you watch Yellowstone? Hopefully it will be much warmer this week. Can't wait to see that big machine doing it's thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched Yellowstone ... don't know why really. I'm definitely looking for warmer weather ... 38 degrees right now.

      Delete
  2. I have heard from many that Yellowstone, and now 1883 are both good shows...but I just can't see spending nearly $20 per season to watch on Amazon so I can wait until they become part of Prime. (I can get Paramount+ for $.99 each for two months, but then it goes up to $9.99 per month, and I could only get 1883 that way, Yellowstone is not on Paramount+ right now.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting ... on my phone it's $4.99 a month. I'm just not interested in paying more for TV.

      Delete