Sunday, January 30, 2022

LaLaLaLa Life Goes On

Oh blah dee, oh blah da .....  I haven't been able to get that song out of my head.  The next few days are going to be chilly, down to 27 at night.  Brrrrrrrr    I'm definitely not geared up for this cold.  I hope the wildlife has their electric blankets turned on.  These guys that hunt at night must be chilly!!!!

Apparently it's mating season, because the ground smelling has been epic.  Of course that makes Cooper go crazy too.  I've been drug off into the bushes on several occasions.


I finally found another Jonathan heater ... not nearly big enough, but every little bit helps.  This plugs in to a USB port and actually gets pretty warm.  The trick will be making double sure he can't grab the metal cord, which he would shred in a matter of seconds.  Plus, he can admire himself in the mirror, although he may not recognize who that really is. 

I haven't tried it out yet ... it's in his traveling cage.  That should be worth a hoot or two the first time he sees another bird in HIS territory!!


My first order of the day was groceries.  I was out of everything ... especially the kind of stuff you need to pick out yourself.  Round and round the store I went, walking right by things I wanted.  It turns out this was a lot more tiring than I expected.  

I got home, threw everything in the fridge and plopped on the couch.  How could I be so tired when I didn't really DO anything?  It appears more rest is in order, but it feels like the more you sit around, the less you exercise, the more tired you get.  

The bad news of the day came with the phone call from the Quilt Store office that my machine won't be delivered until Tuesday.  No surprise there.  I can't wait to meet the guy who drew the short straw!!

Luckily I was invited over for barbecued pork loin dinner at the Chance house.  I love it when I get to see the kitties.  Both of them park in the sunshine every chance they get.  I resisted joining her on the floor.


After a wonderful dinner of roasted squash, salad and of course perfect pork, we sat down to watch another episode of 1883.  I knew someone important got killed off, I just didn't know who.  I won't ruin it for you in case you haven't seen it yet.  I'm thinking Sam Elliot might get an Oscar for his performance.  


As for the truck convoy, it appears Saskatchewan has agreed to drop at least vaccine mandates, so it looks to be working folks.  Stand up for your freedoms and you just might get them back.  The media is still not posting much of the truth about this convoy, so check out Freedom Convoy 2022 Support or Convoy to Ottawa 2022 Group on Facebook for real time information.

Also, donations have been made to GoFundMe in excess of $4,000,000 to help truckers pay for fuel and food.  Even the Hutterites have joined forces, providing food at several locations along the way.  WAY TO GO CANADA!!!  Now if we can get the same thing done in the U.S.  True, things may not change overnight, but at least people are standing up for freedom and not oppression.

I'm off my soapbox and on the couch!!  There's going to be some FOOTBALL on the old TV!!!


12 comments:

  1. Woke up to 38 degree weather this morning...that will be the coldest morning of the winter, by Wednesday those living in the center of the state will have their A/Cs going again with temps back in the 80's.

    Hope that blanket works for Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have moved out of Florida!! Weird, this weather!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for not saying anything about 1883. I am waiting a couple of months then I am going to binge watch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it. Much better than Yellowstone.

      Delete
  3. I feel so bad getting ready for the games here in the Indio Walmart parking lot. 70 now heading to 80🥵🥵 Don't shoot the delivery guy 😀 Not his fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom and I realized the same thing the sitting around did make it harder to get moving. I had a nurse friend who had said one day in bed or on the couch and it takes a week to get that strength back. I now see what she meant. Fingers crossed they get there on Tuesday so the quilting can commence...😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I need to get off my butt for a walk or two. That would probably help!!

      Delete
  5. Glad you are feeling well enough to go out and about and do serious grocery shopping. Hope your energy level just keeps building. I suspect it will. You're probably too onery for it not to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith you are so right!!! I'm determined not to let this get me down.

      Delete
  6. Ah, sorry about your machine delivery. I'm hopeful you can put this sickness behind you soon. Too bad Cooper can't cook for you, but that Chance meal sure looks wonderful!
    Hope Johnathon heater works.
    Yay truckers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will go away .... it just takes time like every other flu I've ever had. Yay truckers is right!!

      Delete