Sunday, January 16, 2022

Never Again!!!

Thank you all for the good wishes regarding my kid Cooper.  He's such a sweetie ... but if he gets sick, you can be assured he thinks he's going to die.  After yesterday morning, he probably hoped he would.  After racking my brain to figure out what happened, the light bulb went on.  

I had opened a can of Costco cooked chicken to make a sandwich for me.  It's chicken, right?  He eats that every day.  I gave him maybe 1-1/2 teaspoons along with his regular dinner.  NEVER AGAIN!!  I'm sure that's what made him so sick.  I ate the same thing with no ill effects, but something in there didn't work for him.

This morning he's back to normal, playing hide the ball in the blanket and barking when he can't find it.  YAY!!


This was the very last of the sunrise pictures from yesterday.  It was probably the longest lasting one I've ever seen.  With not much else going on here at the moment, it's nice to have pictures for the blog.


In relating the story of trying to back up into the Yuma parking spot to Patsy and Bill, I mentioned the emergency brake cord getting pulled out.  Oh my ... Bill came over with a big box of stuff and a handy dandy drill.  In no time my cable was attached along the side of the hitch to keep that from happening again.  Rv friends are so amazing and helpful ... they pass on all their tips and tricks.


It was overcast, cold and windy all day, so basically we stayed inside.  In the afternoon, we walked over to two rigs, just down the road a ways to say hello.  I'll let you read that story on Patsy's blog.  It's a small world!!

On the way back, I picked up these two rocks laying by my rig.  They fascinate me for some reason, which is probably why I had an entire drawer full of rocks in the other rig.  Apparently I'm starting a new drawer.


In the interest of not being wasteful, I decided to finally cook up that hamburger and make spaghetti.  How hard could that be?  I cooked the meat and onions first, tossed in a healthy amount of garlic and the entire jar of sauce.  Although my pot is rather small, I got the spaghetti in it with no problem.

Let me just say .... NEVER AGAIN.  I will not make spaghetti again in this rig.  As I was trying to pour the sauce over the cooked noodles, oh so carefully, a big chunk of something hit my foot.  I froze!!  It was suddenly all over the stove and down the front of the cabinets.  


RATS!!  And on my new rug!!  I put everything down and began the cleanup.  But wait ... where did that big hunk of something go???  I couldn't find it on the floor or the rug.  Too bad I took three steps back because it was stuck on the bottom of my shoe, making lovely greasy red spots all over the rug AND the floor.  What a mess!!!  I peeled it off my shoe and proceeded to clean up.

By then, dinner was a little cold around the edges, but actually quite tasty.  Now I have lunch and dinner for about four days.  Those greasy spots even blend in to the brown in the carpet pretty well.  


And so another day ended with my generator humming as I watched not one, but TWO football games.  I might add that I've started the genny with one pull almost every time!  I'm getting the hang of it!  

Apparently it's the year of the underdogs ... the Bengals winning their first playoff game ... or at least I think that's what they said!!  

Today you'll find me watching the 49'ers and the Cowboys.  It should be an exciting game!

14 comments:

  1. What a relief that Cooper is feeling better and you guessed the cause of his illness. There are interesting rocks in Arizona and I took quite a bunch home with me to polish, but not all are suitable to that process. Have fun watching the games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely happy Cooper is better!! I've thought about polishing rocks, but I probably don't need another hobby!

      Delete
  2. We use to get that type of chicken (from Sams) until Marcia's foot swelled up so much....she looked at the salt content and never again! (With her MS we have to really watch the salt content) Instead of tossing out five cans, she would put it in a strainer and run water and soak it over and over, which helped, but still too salty and not very tasty. It could be too much salt for Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that weird? You are probably right about the salt. So my backup plan for Cooper food has definitely gone down the tubes.

      Delete
  3. Nancy, we can talk batteries with you! We had four golf cart batteries that we changed out to five lithium (battle born). You get so much more amp hours and they also recharge much faster. Glad your little guy is better. Our Lucy was up all last night sick. No fun...but she is better this morning. Nice meeting you yesterday and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you too Pam and Mark. Interesting about the batteries. I may change to them later ... right now they are SO expensive!! Sorry Lucy was sick ... it's not fun being up with the babies.

      Delete
  4. It was the Bengals last playoff win in 31 years. So happy you figured out what made Cooper sick and now he's all better. Enjoy that spaghetti! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad the Bengals made it. They played really good. I always like to see those teams win!!

      Delete
  5. It is amazing how many foods we can eat that will make dogs sick. Glad you are getting the hang of using the Fifth Wheel.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a learning experience ... this fifth wheel thing. It's the same, but so different!!!

      Delete
  6. Glad Cooper is back to his old self. Dolly always says that when I'm sickly I act like I'm dying 🤢🤮 So husbands are just as bad 😄 Glad Dallas lost their game and KC won this evening. My favorite teams did well today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you said it Doug!!! I didn't want to offend any of the guys about being sick! I'm glad Dallas won. Seems like all the underdogs are winning!!

      Delete