Monday, January 10, 2022

No ... He's NOT Spoiled!!

It was a good Sunday morning with the perfect weather Yuma is famous for.  It seems Jon's heating pad is working well enough.  Too bad it only works if plugged in to 110, which I won't have by the end of today. Yes, we are on the move again.


Sadly the Blue Flame heaters have not arrived in Quartzsite.  I just have to keep calling I suppose.  Soon as I get there, I'll make that request in person.

In the meantime, I was off to find a tiny air compressor.  What looked really tiny turned out to be a 6 gallon unit, way too big for my small storage spaces.  Harbor Freight, here I come.

The next big project was finding a step stool for Cooper.  No, he's NOT spoiled!!  He's a white guy that can't jump!!  This was not exactly what I was looking for ... it's bigger ... but it works just fine.  Now he won't stand there barking and scratching my leg, trying to tell me to pick him up.  THAT is spoiled.


Just before lunch, Ray stopped by with Penny who wanted Cooper to go for a walk.  We had just done a half mile loop to the trash cans so I wasn't sure he would make it.  We watered a lot of concrete along the way, but they both made it.  


Penny had a fit that a big dog actually walked by on the path (how dare he), WAY too close to HER territory!!  Cooper jumped in as backup, shades of Miss Jessie who hated ALL dogs.  In no time we were ready to head back.  I was sure I would be carrying Cooper, but he made it .... barely.  In no time he was sound asleep on the floor.


I spent the evening practicing my boondocking cooking skills ... how to heat pizza without a microwave.  I've done this before, ever since I found out it makes the pizza crunchy on the bottom, even better than when it was fresh.  Sadly, there are dishes to wash, or at least wipe out with a paper towel, you know, in the interest of saving water.


I can't thank Cindy and Ray enough for their wonderful hospitality!  It's very nice to have partners in quilt crime!!

This morning I'll take on water and pack up for the next leg of this journey to Quartzsite.   Will I get solar?  Will I get the blue flame?  At this point, even I don't know!!

The good part is Patsy and Bill Richards are waiting to guide me in to my next parking spot.  Then it will be SHOPPING TIME!  

I just love all my RV friends!!!


12 comments:

  1. You should be able to find the compressor you want at the big tent in Q.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I might find LOTS of stuff in the big tent!! I'll look for the compressor.

      Delete
  2. We are missing all our Quartzsite friends this year, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say this has been a blast so far ... and I'm learning so much!

      Delete
  3. Cooper is spoiled and so is Jon 😃 Have a fun journey to Quartzsite in this strong north wind today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a tad bit of wind on the way here. And it's COLD!!

      Delete
  4. Safe travels to the 3 of you. Have fun! Do you add a little water to the skillet when you heat the pizza? Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No water Elva. Just low heat and covered. Works like a charm.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy the Q and friends. I am sure Bill will be a big help with your questions and can give good advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely throw all my questions to the blog. Once I get the right stuff, I think I'll enjoy boondocking a lot!!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. YAY!! YOU GUYS are here. A big sigh of relief from me!!

      Delete