Monday, October 31, 2022

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ..... BOOOOOO!!

In spite of it being Halloween, it's just another morning on the patio.  I never stay long since the cold weather chills my coffee too quickly.

There were no trick-or-treaters last night since the Trunk or Treat idea showed up.  Doesn't seem like much fun to me, just walking car to car in a parking lot and picking up candy.  Pretty soon you'll just deliver it to their door.  Too sad the kids are missing out on the real tradition.

HOWEVER ... the wedding participants arrived in style, wearing the most beautiful dresses you can imagine.  There was much tradition displayed, a real sight to see.  The music began about 6:00 and by 8:00 there was screaming and yelling to be heard around the neighborhood.  I just smiled!!!  Karma!  And to think it will continue for a whole week.  I'm lovin' it!


I did get a little scare when I pulled up this first video yesterday.  Look familiar?  Yeah, I sure thought so, but I was surprised.  


Then THIS!!  I've never EVER seen them together.  Over the first 3 hours of video, there were four different kitties who came to visit.  Oh yes ... I had 55 videos to wade through from one night of frolicking.  The kids were busy that night.  

The behavior of the fox surprised me.  Apparently kitties are not on their menu, which is a good thing.  Obviously the kitty wasn't the least bit afraid. 


This one just made me laugh out loud.  Oops ......... not paying attention!


There are many more with some crazy things you aren't going to believe, but I won't inundate you today.  I'll spread them out over a few days.  

I moved the dog box over to the farthest corral and fluffed up the old bedding.  We shall see if they find it acceptable.  

For Halloween, Cooper decided to dress up like a pirate, peg leg and all.  Pssst Cooper, wrong leg!!!  It's the OTHER leg!


Actually, he's still chewing that ant bite and I ran out of horse wrap, so I had to substitute some Halloween fabric.  I tried Benadryl like the Vet said, but getting it down his throat is a major problem that I have not yet conquered.


In other news, I didn't mention my friend Cyndae came to visit, bringing with her some Thai Tom Yum soup.  Lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and spices that we cooled down with coconut milk made for a tasty dinner, with enough left over for breakfast.  What a treat!

I also figured out I should have had the overhead fan on during that frying episode.  Today a pot of coffee is brewing on the stove.  So far I don't notice much difference, so I'll let it boil away.  I do love the smell of coffee!

My big box of butterfinger candy bars is waiting in the wings in case anyone shows up tonight.  If not, I'll have treats to last an entire year.  I suppose that's the best part of Halloween nowadays.


I've saved up all my errands to be run today, probably lasting all day long.  Hopefully I'll get my outside light fixture fixed, a new toilet seat installed, pieces of string for that cowboy quilt ... and on and on.  In the meantime ...........

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!



12 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! Screaming and yelling, ah the middle neighbour, just adds to the music, don’t you think?

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, it was very quiet last night. Not a BOO to be found.

      Delete
  2. Happy Halloween! Didn't October just begin?!! Cooper is so cute. I have to agree with what you said about Trunk or Treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it went by that fast. When I was working the Pumpkin Patch, it seemed to last forever!

      Delete
  3. Wow, a cat and a fox together, and it seemed the fox was more scared of the cat than the cat of the fox...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprised about the cat and the fox. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Doug. Hope everything went good with the diesel and the dump.

      Delete
  5. Who'd a guessed that fox and cats would comingle like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not me ... I was really surprised they were all in the same yard.

      Delete
  6. I'm guessing you've tried every way in the world to disguise a pill for Cooper, but here goes: the cheapest, sleaziest most stinky canned dog food wrapped around it, right out of your hand? Of course, if he's a nibbler, then it probably wouldn't work. He'd have to be a bit of a gulper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, not a gulper. The best thing I've found is scrambled eggs. He'll eat that any time, but I have to follow it up instantly with another piece. Most times he can taste it, soooooooooo it comes right back out!

      Delete