Thursday, October 27, 2022

A Day Of Rest

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ... I finally feel better.  I caught up on my sleep with a solid seven hours.  That's probably because I spent the good part of an hour tearing the bedding off and replacing it with comfy flannel sheets, my electric blanket and one of my favorite quilts.  I fell into bed totally exhausted!  You know how those fitted sheets can be!!

This video is what I've been looking for.  I wanted to see the nature of the fox.  How does he hunt?  He's crisscrossing the corral, maybe looking for the smell of gophers or eggs, marking his territory EVERYWHERE.  In the next two videos she did it like eight times!!   It amazes me that my little critter cam can put out so much light as to see them in the pitch black of night.


Here's one of the images from my on-line group in Arizona.  The gal had thrown a chunk of carpet on the lawn to use as a softer kneeling cushion when she was gardening.  The coyote took it and trotted off.  It was never seen again.  Going back to their den?  Warm for the babies?  Who knows.


Just in case you didn't see my post on-line, this was from two days ago.  I just wanted to be sure you knew it was coming around the bend.  Better order those gifts soon or you will be on Santa's list of coal receivers!


I really did try to rest up.  Cooper was very appreciative of the Mom time, but DON'T TOUCH ME!  Good grief ... if you have a moment of oh-what-a-sweet-puppy and happen to give him a soft pet, thereby waking him up, he growls a horrible I'm-going-to-rip-your-arm-off growl.  

No kidding, it makes me jump every time.  I've since learned to not touch him at all until he wakes up!!  It's the weirdest thing.  He picked that up from Miss Jessie when he was a puppy.


Since I just can't sit still, I worked on the binding of this quilt until it was done!  I just love this pattern, it's so easy to make and you can see quick results.


With the ugly meatloaf finally gone, I decided to create this chicken pot pie soup again.  It's cold enough outside to enjoy something nice and hot.  This time I used half and half with some milk instead of the cream.  It came out much better, not to mention it's ready to eat in 30 minutes if you use roasted chicken from Costco!!


Of course throwing in a Red Lobster cheese biscuit also helped!!  I could eat the entire pan, those things are so good!!


Every so often I would wander into the sewing room and cut another piece for the current quilt, getting the boots finished up.  I love how they turned out.  


I should have made a trip to town.  I think someone is trying to tell me something.  I broke yet ANOTHER toilet seat.  How can that happen?  Cheap plastic I guess, or maybe I need to be more attentive to that diet plan.

It doesn't help that I abhor cleaning toilets.  Bleach tablets are my best friend when it comes to that chore.  I imagine the fumes can get to cheap plastic.  The problem now is that company is coming this morning.  Should I tell her to "sit carefully"????  A homeowner's job is never done.

The good news is she is bringing soup for us to eat, so there will be no frantic thawing of something to cook.  Instead, I'll go through the gyrations of changing the sheets on THAT bed!!  Does anyone remember the old days of short-sheeting?  

My Dad had a different sense of humor.  I think he liked to see people's shocked expressions.  He used to short sheet someone every time we stayed at a relatives house for Christmas or Thanksgiving.  That and make P B & J sandwiches out of axle grease.  Yeah, you haven't lived until you've bitten into that awesome sandwich!!!  Us kids quickly learned to check, but the caterpillar drivers he worked with got stung every time.  I guess my Dad was lucky he could run fast.

Time to pick up the critter cam!!


12 comments:

  1. I know I'm going to love the new quilt!! Your soup/stew looks really yummy! I love how thick it is. Story about your dad is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking the quilt too ... something different to try.

      Delete
  2. What is with toilet seats now days? Many are connected with what I call 'prongs' that pop in place...what pops in, easily pops out! If you tighten them down too much, the prongs separate to where the prongs are wider than the plastic bolt holding them down! Grrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Now I feel better .. it's not just me! It's the prong thing that broke of course.

      Delete
  3. If the screw to tighten the toilet seat goes through the hole use a washer in there to stop it from doing so, tighten snugly and it should stay in place.
    The fitted sheet should have a tag, put it on the bottom right corner of the mattress first, the sheet will fit right (unless the tag is sewn into the wrong corner), put the top right corner on next and move to the left side putting the top corner on first, then giving the sheet a good tug, the bottom left corner should slip into place very easily.
    Love your dad's sense of humour.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I had no idea ... but I did see a tag this last time. I'll try that and see if it works better. The toilet seat ... the little hinge piece broke completely off. I'll take another look though, just to be sure it didn't just come undone.

      Delete
  4. Am laughing at your dad's food jokes. There was always a jar of horseradish on the table. You did not leave the table with food on your plate or you'd discover a spoonful in your sandwich or hidden in your mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing we never had horse radish!!! That stuff is like FIRE!

      Delete
  5. I wonder if that fox is marking her area in preparation for their upcoming mating season in December. It is fun to watch their antics and wonder what they are really up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right Jim. It seems to me I haven't seen the male around in some time. All these videos seems to be of females.

      Delete
  6. That quilt is awesome! Right up your alley.
    You are having fun with the critter cam. Cute one of your friends rug going for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure a cowboy quilt. Or most probably a wall hanging.

      Delete