Thursday, October 13, 2022

My Brain Working Overtime

I'm back on the patio, this time sipping my cup-o-caffeine that doesn't expire until the end of this month.  Guess I better have more than one cup a day for awhile so I'm not throwing money away.  I'm a little slow this morning, having worked my brain overtime yesterday.  

I finally got everything out of the truck and into the house.  It looks like a tornado ripped through the living room.  

The first order of business was to make myself presentable ... not the scary wicked witch of the west ... and head to the Post Office to check my mail.  SO much mail!  It's all ads of one sort or another.  The stack of keepable envelopes was 2 inches high.  The throwaways at 18 inches would keep a fire going for hours.  

That brought on a frenzy of computer work, like bees in a hive.  I've been going paperless for the last six months, but no one seems to be getting the message.  Then there's all that nasty property tax that has to be paid ... ugh!!  I'm an accountant ... I should be better at keeping up with this stuff.

Just to keep me going, as I was scrounging in the freezer for Cooper food, I spotted an old butterfinger.  No date on this one, but I know it's been in there for two years.  What the heck ... candy doesn't go bad, right?  WRONG!!  An hour later my stomach revolted.  BAD butterfinger!!!

That brought about yet another problem ... it seems the chopped garlic lid wasn't on quite tight enough.  My fridge smells almost as bad as the skunks!!!  Any suggestions on how to get rid of THAT smell?

I tried to get a little organized in the sewing room by stacking up the quilts that need to be finished by hand, along with the binding.  I think I spent 90 minutes just trying to find the binding.  I have twelve boxes and I went though ever one of them twice.  

Yup ... this one is still hanging on the wall waiting for the last few pieces, which means a trip to the one and only quilt store here.  They have been holding the fabric for me.  This was an epic quilt to make.

It was then that I discovered one of my three packages had been delivered.  I checked Amazon, and of course it said all THREE were in my mailbox.  Nope ... not there.  It's extremely hard to contact Amazon, but I finally did, just to get someone who didn't speak English very well at all.  Big sigh!!  It took 45 minutes to get two more sent out with the promise if I ended up getting four, I would send two back.  

I really wanted my next project to be this wall hanging, designed and made by Arlene who works in the Green Valley Store.  How cool is that?  BUT .... I could only find the material, not the pattern.  Another two hours and I was frustrated and exhausted, still not having caught up on my sleep.

I went back through all those boxes AGAIN, to find nothing.  RATS!!  Maybe I left it in the store when I got the material.  I called just to be sure.  Nope ... not there she said.  So of course I had her send another pattern to me, at my expense.  Three hours later while wracking my brain about the upcoming RV Rally in Indio that I have to plan, DING DING DING!!  The light went on.  I found the pattern.  Now I'll have TWO!!  How nice!  It sucks getting old!!!

There was an Elks meeting last night, but I found myself glued to the couch.  No worries, there's yet ANOTHER one tonight!!  Now I understand why so many people don't show up for every meeting.  There are so MANY!!!

Things I accomplished:  I called the Elks Lodge for a lunch date for our group while in Indio, I ordered the ice cream for the rally, I found the pattern I wanted and all but one piece of binding, I got rid of the skunk smell by lighting 25 candles in the house, I sorted through the mail and discovered a post office box bill for $400 a year (that's just ridiculous), transferred money all over the place to pay my property tax, went to the grocery store for ice cream (can't live without ice cream) and Cooper food and still had time to play with Cooper on the floor.  

It was a good but brain exhausting day!!  



10 comments:

  1. Love that Christmas quilt!! Love the Western too! You'll are a busy girl LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't keep busy, I go even crazier than I am!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Get a fresh box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Fridge-n-Freezer Odor Absorber (about $1.50), and also set 2 or 3 slices of fresh bread out for 24-48 hours (can't be stale bread).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do that ... I think I even have a box in the cupboard. No bread though, English muffins will work.

      Delete
  3. That was a busy and successful day to get all that accomplished. Do you really think that coffee has an expiry date? I thought most of the coffee is vacuum packed and I wouldn't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was vacuum sealed, but that was three months ago when I left it in the cupboard. The next 2021 can seemed to be just fine.

      Delete
  4. I put charcoal briquettes in things where I need to remove odor. It even took the gasoline smell out of a Tupperware lid I used as a funnel.
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing if it worked on gas. I may even have some in my camp box. Thanks Linda!

      Delete
  5. It's a curse Loree ... I can't stand to sit still!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so far behind again in reading!! Sorry! Like to keep up.
    Beautiful western quilt, glad you found the pattern, too bad it was too late. Age is fun, eh?

    ReplyDelete