Monday, October 17, 2022

Houston - We Have A Problem

 Good morning from the backyard of nowhere California while I savor my morning caffeine.  There's not much better than taking a nice big deep breath, then sipping a swallow of fake coffee in the cool morning air.  COUGH, CHOKE, COUGH ..... Uh oh .... the SKUNKS are back!!  Yet again.  I'm not sure whose dog is running loose in the neighborhood, or maybe someone has set out traps.

Let me just expound on skunkology.  When they are afraid, like when you are chasing them with a pitchfork, or maybe the local dogs are having a fun fest, they spray just a little each time.  After all, they need to keep some for the next dummy who attacks them.

HOWEVER ... when you smell something THIS strong THIS fast, it's because they died and let everything fly all at once.  That's what happened last Monday and now again this morning.  It's pretty bad, to say the least.  I made a mad dash into the house to turn my AC fans off.  No use sucking in all that nice "parfumee" to ruin my day.

My second weirdness of the day was this.  The night before, I put out two eggs for the foxy twins, hoping to capture them on video.  To test it out, I got this nice picture of the trash in my yard that needs to be hauled off, along with the eggs.  Yup ..... it's working.


Next morning when I checked the camera, because I knew I had a cool video since the eggs were gone, there was absolutely nothing.  No video of anyone or anything taking the eggs.  Houston, we have another problem.

The second video (there were only two) showed this.  The eggs are gone.  So just what TOOK the eggs and why didn't the video capture it?  I've no doubt it was this guy, but WHY is it not on the video?  They must have magic powers that stopped the camera from recording.


I tested the camera three more times and it worked every time.  I have pictures of my fingers and arm to prove it.  I guess I'll try it again.  In case you were wondering, my egg cartons got mixed up and these are more than 30 days past the pull date.  I doubt the foxes care.

And so I went back to sewing the edging on this quilt, finally finishing it up.  Two down, three to go ... I think.


Then I went back to working on this monstrosity.  It's so big I now have a ladder placed in front to be able to reach the top row.  I picked up the last of the fabric for this quilt and began sewing up a storm to finish the triangles edges.


Sixteen of them, each made with 20 pieces.  Big sigh .... SO MUCH WORK!!  I really wasn't in the mood for this, but I need to get it off my wall.


Okay Houston ... massive error here.  I swear to you, the picture in the directions shows the tips cut off just as I have done here.  Obviously that's not right.  I'm a little afraid to just whack it off in case I'm wrong and ruin a very expensive project.  SO ...... I'm taking one section BACK to the quilt shop so they can direct me since they've already made it.  

While there, I also hope to get the name of the actual pattern they used to quilt it.  If I'm really really lucky, I might even get all those parts and pieces sewn together, assuming of course that I'm not out chasing skunks out of my yard.


Just for fun, here's a new way to make potatoes.  Truly, I don't know why you would want to go through all this trouble when you could just plop a pile of mashed potatoes on the plate.  Still, they do look pretty yummy ... if they come out of the pan.  I may just have to try it and see.


Just for giggles, I put out ONE more egg last night to see if I can catch whoever is sneaking them ... or magically making them disappear.  Maybe it's a ghosty, since it IS Halloween soon.

It may be the fact that I'm using regular batteries, which don't have enough power to turn on fast enough.  I've ordered them, but Amazon seems to be slowing down.  They seem to be having trouble charging up their electric vans in the State that is turning everyones electricity off because they can't produce enough. 

Uh ..... Houston????? 




12 comments:

  1. Down in Fort Meyer they have had NUMEROUS electric vehicles catch on fire...salt water got to the batteries, doesn't take long and corrosion sets in, doesn't take long and the battery gets hot. Some catch on fire while driving...come catch on fire in the garage of homes which withstood the hurricane, and now lay in ashes. YEP, EV is the way to go! {sarc of course}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that interesting. I've heard about more and more fires. I wonder if insurance covers that?

      Delete
  2. Cindy says that "monstrosity" is really pretty and still wants to make it and I promised to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew she would love it, and she will use some fabulous colors that will look better than this one! LOL. I'm almost to the point where I can box up the pattern and send it to you. Yeah ... "box" ... I think it's 38 pages long.

      Delete
  3. Try moving your camera closer.
    Dave B. Ask any fireman how long And how much water it takes to put out an EV fire You technically can’t put the fire out but all you’re doing is cooling the casing My son is a DOD Lieutenant / fire fighter he’s run into this a number of times and teach seminars on how to combat this to military base fire crews
    The EV manufacturers know there’s an issue

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWq-Mq1Uqpw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes ... so there's not much hope of saving the car after a fire? Or the house that's attached? That just doesn't sound good at all.

      Delete
  4. And you commented on Bill's blog about his ability to create his planes - you should talk! You do awesome work on those quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I always have a step by step pattern. Bill can do it on the fly.

      Delete
  5. Great foxy experiment, keep on trying, maybe you will capture it on video one of these times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I get the better batteries for the camera, I'm sure I will get a good video. Unfortunately, that delivery has been delayed twice now.

      Delete
  6. Smart fox. Hope the quilt comes out okay.

    ReplyDelete