Sunday, October 16, 2022

Pictures Say It All

Good morning from my 54 degree patio with dew-covered grass.  It seems fall has arrived in good form.  The best part ... my AC unit has not turned on once in the last three days.  Woot Woot!!!

Here's the latest trail cam image of the lovely who graces my back yard.  It's interesting to note that the kitty kitties are no longer wandering the premises.  I mean the cats, not the skunks, who continue to wander the front yard, leaving a few traces of stink here and there.


The first order of the day was to head on off to the little farm town north of me to the only quilt store within 60 miles.  The last of my block-of-the-month fabric had arrived, and since it was paid for, I wanted to be sure I picked it up.

My trusty ex-tow car "the Jeep" ran like a champ.  I reconnected the battery and figured a nice long drive would be good enough to get the battery charged up.  I have a trickle charger I could leave on while I'm gone, but I don't like leaving things plugged in.  Sadly, she needed fuel to keep going.  I checked my Gas Buddy and found the cheapest to be at my usual station about ten miles away.  Rarely do I drive out of my way for fuel because it wastes too much fuel getting there.  It happens however that it was right on my way.

I almost had a heart attack!!  Fuel was four-something when I left two months ago and look at it now!!!  This was only 3/4 of a tank!!


Costco, the cheapest gas in Merced was $6.05.  I know I keep railing on this, but it's ridiculous!!!  I can stay home, but what about everyone who has to work?  Families cannot afford to be ripped off like this.  Obviously, a picture is worth a thousand words!!!


Unfortunately, prices like that DO keep me off the highways and byways looking for adventure.  I'm stuck cutting up tiny pieces for the last 16 triangles in order to finish up this quilt.  Never EVER let me do this again!!  Gee .. only 30 seams for ONE triangle!!!


I did make one stop on the way back, only because it's right on the road I have to travel to get home. Finally, after FOUR previous stops, Habit Burger got my order correct.  I'm pretty sure this will be the last one I ever have because I was WAY over full and miserable for the rest of the entire day!!  And I didn't even eat HALF of the fries!!


This picture screams SPOILED!!  Even though I was trying to sew on my quilt, the ball games never stop.  He carefully places it on the couch, then gives it a push with his nose.


Then he waits .... never taking his eyes off the prize .... until I push it back to him.  This goes on for five or six times before I flick it off the couch.  In less than ten seconds, it's back.


Although I gave up baseball completely when they did the kneeling thing, switching out to rodeo where they stand with their hand over their hearts while the flag goes by before they say a prayer, I decided to watch the playoffs since nothing else was on TV.  

This picture says it all.  If you win 3 of 5 games, you go to the next level.  The Seattle Mariners were playing the Houston Astros, who had already won 2 games.  If Seattle could win THIS game, they would get a chance to play one more.  

I tuned in at about the third inning.  The score was 0-0 and it remained that way through an epic 18 innings!!  Played in Seattle, the crowd stood up almost the entire 5-1/2 hours through inning after inning, just waiting for ONE run.  It never happened.  Houston's rookie player finally hit a home run.  Seattle still had one chance to do the same, but it never happened.  It was edge-of-your seat baseball for almost 6 hours.


Sadly, Seattle's best chance after 22 years, was dashed.  Houston is moving on.

And that was it for the day.  This morning Cooper and I will check the game camera before heading out for a nice long walk, his second favorite pastime.



10 comments:

  1. Gas prices are ridiculous in CA! I feel for the people who have to go to out! Here in Utah they're running about $4.40, but diesel prices almost a dollar higher! The burger and fries look yummy. Cooper is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised Utah prices are that high. Although Arizona seems to be the same.

      Delete
  2. Long game last night. Luckily, we didnt tune in until the 14th inning. Not looking forward to the expense of traveling 1600 miles later this month. Luckily not thru California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't be too bad. Most of the states you will go through are cheaper. The further south you go, the better.

      Delete
  3. Just got back from Sam's...still $3.159. $38.00 for 12.03 gallons. Our GREAT Governor dropped the gas tax of 25.3 cents per gallon for October...calling it a "Gas Holiday"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a Saint for a Governor!! Ours didn't lower the tax, he RAISED it!!!

      Delete
  4. Our diesel fuel jumped 19 cents a litre this morning to $2.38 a litre or $10.71 a Canadian gallon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aayyyeeee ... that's pretty high. Guess I wouldn't be driving much at all with those prices!! That's why a motorcycle is awesome!!

      Delete
  5. Yes, what Bill says, but by hook or by crook, we're still going!!
    Cooper makes me laugh. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon as you cross the border it will be cheaper. The midwest in particular isn't too bad.

      Delete