Friday, October 28, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND A WEDDING!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!! 

I'm a day late and more than a dollar short.  I thought about it being THE birthday, and like any good old fogey, I completely forgot about it until AFTER I finished the blog.  Lucky for Dan, he missed my rendition of the infamous Happy Birthday song.  Hope you had a great day.  No worries, I won't tell anyone how old you are, because I'm so very grateful you and Patty have been my friends for so many years. 


It was actually warm enough to have coffee on the patio ... a nice change of pace.  It doesn't make Cooper all that happy since he's not allowed to be out in the dark.  Too many things you cannot SEE, can cause havoc.  We all know what I'm talking about.

The fox video of the day is something I've never seen them do before.  I think this is one of the older females, maybe looking for a nice den.  It's an old dog box with a rotten pillow inside.  I may just have to set it up in the corral to give them a safe place to snuggle down.  


I got a phone call late Wednesday night that company was coming.  It's no big deal since she's such a good friend, she doesn't care if the house is clean or not.  BUT I spent four hours cleaning anyway.  Of course the sheets had to be washed, which meant another sheet struggle, this time on a king-sized bed.  It went a little better, but now I'm going to check for those tags in the corner.

Once that was done I set about making a little sweet treat.  Easy peasy .. I've made this peanut butter pie many times.  But on THIS day ... it was disaster after disaster.  I was just in too much of a hurry.  I spilled melted butter everywhere, whirled graham cracker crumbs around the entire kitchen and used a 9" pan when I should have used a 7" one.  


Still .... there's not much better than peanut butter pie in my book!!  Of course I tested it before she showed up ... you know, in the interest of not making anyone sick.  Just to be sure, I tasted it again about an hour later!!


We spent most of the afternoon talking since she just returned from a month-long trip.  It's always so overwhelming to return home to a million things to do, so she escapes to this part of the woods.  Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. 

No one knocks at my door, so wasn't I surprised to find a nice young girl with her younger sister.  THIS IS A FIRST!  They live two doors down from me and she is getting married.  Gosh, she looked like she was 16 years old.  The celebration will last one full week, meaning lots of dancing and partying in their back yard.

She actually gave me this card and a box of candy (don't ask me what Airheads are) to describe the party and notify the neighbors that lots of cars will be parked around and they will have loud music.  WOW!!  I can't believe I have such a nice respectful neighbor as to notify me there is going to be a party going on.

The note even gives her father's phone number.  It says if there is absolutely ANYTHING, to call them immediately so they can take care of it.  I told her they could make as much noise as they wanted because most of it will be heard by the house between us ... you know the one, the PARTY house.  She laughed since they have experienced the same thing.


She made my day when her little sister turned around as they walked away and said "she is such a nice lady" and they both agreed!!!  Wow ... TWO nice neighbors in my little part of the world.

It's interesting they picked the week of Halloween for the wedding, but I imagine India doesn't celebrate that holiday.  

Cindy brought some Thai soup that went really well with peanut butter pie.  Quite tasty and not something I would normally eat.  She will be off this morning, as I'm going out to the University to see those quilts I quilted given away to the foster kids.  It's going to be an awesome day. 

LET THE WEDDING PARTY BEGIN!!!!   Now to find my earplugs.


18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dan!
    The pie looked good and we all understand about the taste test before your guest arrived, very thoughtful of you. You are such a good friend to take that possible risk.
    Very nice of the neighbours to fore warn you about the upcoming party, very nice of you to encourage them to play the music as loud as they like, what a good neighbour you are! ( the people in the middle house may not think so but two is more than one, majority rules.


    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, we think SO much alike! Hahahaha

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Dan! The pie does look yummy and interesting. I've never had it. How sweet of the neighbors to drop a card and candy :) I agree, play that music loud LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of letting the neighbors know, but recently they have been sending out notices on Facebook. It works for me!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Dan!
    Love peanut butter anything but pie. Oh my! Looks yummy.
    Very nice of the neighbors to let you know of the party. When they do that, it usually isn't too bad. Might even be done great listening music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be different. Music from India, which I don't mind at all.

      Delete
  4. Mr. Ed Said he knew the question it doesn’t need to look it up November and December are the most popular times to get married In India. And technically no they don’t celebrate Halloween but they do celebrate the dead with fasting and prayers🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it’s traditional Indian music🎼 🙉 you’re better off listening to Chalk running down a blackBoard

      Delete
    2. Yes I'm sure it will be traditional music. It's not that bad, but their songs are 20 minutes long! LOL. They actually had a party a couple months ago.

      Delete
  5. If you set that Dog Box up out in the Corral, you might just find you'll have some little foxes in the spring perhaps.

    Wondered who has a week long wedding celebration, but then you mentioned India, so I googled it. Hope they don't make too much noise, and something tells me the neighbors who normally party are going to be the largest complainers of the event...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking about the foxes. We shall see. As to the week long celebration ... I'm hoping they don't play their music in the back yard every night.

      Delete
  6. I once had a neighbor warn me of a loud party to come and invite me join them if I wished to do so. We simply arranged to not be home at that time. But, theirs was not a whole week. :)
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that ... going to a friend's house ... but this shouldn't be too bad. They have to quiet it considerably by 10:00.

      Delete
  7. Ditto all of the above. I'm impressed that she even gave you her dad's phone number. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah great neighbors, AND a pie that you must test to make sure no one is poisoned. A good day. It seems you are going to become a fox landlady....Foxes remind me of cats. I have found cats to be mildly interested in the nests I might make for them, but ultimately picking some place I never would have. Ever. Hope you can have a fox nest and then you can put a camera on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be cool? Last time I spotted a nest it was in a 3' tall 6" thick roll of barbed wire fence I had rolled up. It's fun to watch them!

      Delete
  9. At least she did not say "Nice OLD lady"! That was very considerate of them to notify the neighbors of what is going on and to provide a phone number should anything occur. Perhaps you should wander down there during the party and partake in the food and festivities!

    ReplyDelete