Sunday, October 9, 2022

AND I'M OFF .......

Thank you for all the Cooper love!!!  He's doing MUCH better.  In fact, I'm actually smiling at the squeak of his favorite ball.  He wants to play this morning, but we're going to take it easy.  He has no choice in the matter because he'll be in the front seat of the truck.

When it rains in Arizona, it RAINS!  No piddly little drops here and there that are not enough to even wet the grass.  In Arizona, it's a downpour, which is why there are many screaming beeps over the phone and television to tell you about how you are going to be flooded like Noah's Ark.  It's unsettling.  The blinding flashes of lightning don't help.  

But OH THE SMELL of the desert and CLEAN AIR.  It's something you never see in California.  I breathe in deep as I have to say goodbye.


No worries, I'll be back after my last hurrah as an Ice Cream Captain in Indio.  I think this will be my goodbye song in January.  It will take me that long to figure out how to say bye bye!!

There's one last homeowner project ... killing the dandies.  You know, those pretty yellow little flowers that grow big plumes of seeds that propagate like weeds ... because they are.  So long dandelions ... I hope to not see you next time.

We are off ...........  after I finish packing that is.  

You may not hear from me tomorrow morning .. but I'll be back on Tuesday ... just in time for Bingo.



16 comments:

  1. Travel safe, my friend. Deb will be sad for the dandelions but I understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'll save some for her! They are literally taking over the entire yard.

      Delete
  2. I bet the Kingdom is looking forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, I've gotten four phone calls so far.

      Delete
  3. Be safe and enjoy California Dreamin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a safe and good trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky. I'm looking forward to the other house, but not the long drive.

      Delete