Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Ghosties and Goblins

 I'm up ..... at least my body is up.  My brain isn't quite in gear yet.  Coffee .... I need coffee!!  It's a warm 50 degrees this morning with rain "suggested" for the next two days.  I'm not sure what that means just yet, but maybe we'll get a sprinkle or two.

My pirate kid wasn't very appreciative of his peg leg and twice removed it in disgust.  Thankfully, part of his order was received yesterday, including the horse wrap.  It works wonders ... even for me.


I spent a good portion of the day at Lowes, trying to find the weird things I was looking for.  This light fixture just fell out of the ceiling (outside thankfully) and scared the heck out of us.  Of course they didn't have anything that looked like the same one, but with the help of a gal stocking shelves, we found one for me to try.  That was amazing in itself ... someone to help you at Lowes.

This ... THIS is a man's job.  I had no clue how to install it and messed with it for some time.  If you ever wanted to take it out again ... good luck.  It has these springy prongy things that fit into a slot ... or maybe that's not really how it's supposed to work.  Hopefully it stays put.


Then I perused the toilet seat aisle.  Good grief ... who knew there were so many choices?  I thought a seat was a seat, but NOOOOOO.  Finally I just grabbed one ... after all, it's for company and rarely gets used.  

I headed for the checkout stand and was pretty surprised to find it was ALL check-yourself-out.  Sorry, I'm not doing that.  I grabbed the kid just standing there, handed him the items and said could you please check me out?  Using my best BLOND acting abilities ..... this stuff is SO heavy!!  AND HE DID!  So next time you have to do it yourself, call them over and tell them you just can't figure it out (in your best blond voice).

Wouldn't you know the second I walked in the bathroom to install it, it was the WRONG one.  RATS!!!  Now I have to return it.


Not really feeling like decorating for Halloween, I whipped up a batch of brown butter cookies.  Oh my goodness .. I may just have to make these my favorites!  SO much flavor, not to mention melty white chocolate chips.  These of course came out a little browner than I wanted.  


Finally, as darkness fell over the yard, it was time for the ghosts and goblins to arrive.  I waited with great anticipation since the third World Series game was cancelled due to rain.  At long last there was a shadow at the door.  Can you hear it?  The growl at the end?


Yeah, that's Cooper, having a fit every time he saw a car go by.  The first four were neighbors from across the street, followed up by two teenage girls.  At least they were dressed up!  Two hours later a truck pulling a car trailer loaded down with about fifteen kids drove past.  They didn't stop.

I'm sure he would have been tarred and feathered if anyone had seen those kids on the trailer with no railing whatsoever.  On the ranch, we did it all the time, but nowadays, it's forbidden.  Too bad they kept going because I could have gotten rid of half a box of candy.  Now I'll just have to stick it in the freezer and eat it all myself.  I gained two pounds just thinking about it.

That was it ... no other goblins stopped by, even if Cooper thought for sure there were more bodies roaming around his property.  He barked for the next hour before I finally called it a night.

I think it's sad that the trunk or treat thing has taken over.  There's no more going to your neighbors house and turning their lawn chairs upside down, or checking out that house with all the creepy decorations and scary music.   The fun of Halloween is gone.  I guess my green paint and fake nose will finally get thrown away.


I spotted this goblin ... or rather weird clown guy ... yesterday afternoon.  Yup this is me!!  FREE FABRIC!!!


Oh wait .... I have fox videos with something I've never seen before!  Besides the kitties that is ... but I'll give ya'll a break and post it tomorrow.  You will probably be as surprised as I was!!!

November is here ... only 55 days until Christmas!!!




10 comments:

  1. You could walk that candy over to the neighbour children that came to your house. Explain it’s left over and you can’t eat it. Bet the kids would like that.
    How’s the wedding week going?

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah ... that's a good idea! I may even take it to Bingo next week. Those gals will ALWAYS take candy.

      Delete
  2. You could take the candy to Bingo and handout to those who say thank you...of course, you would be bringing a bunch of it back home because WHO says THANKS at Bingo???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, maybe 50% say thank you. I may just have to try it!!

      Delete
  3. That light fixture looks good from here and you made it shine! That's too bad if the kids don't go from door to door anymore on halloween, then the dress up becomes superfluous. I'm sure the candy manufacturers will intervene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of that! There won't be near as much candy purchased, so maybe they will up their game. Although this year no candy came with Halloween wrappers. It was too expensive they said.

      Delete
  4. It's funny how this candy thing works. A friend just moved to Las Vegas. He bought 5 bags of candy. Gave one candy per kid and ran out quickly. The neighbor said you need at least 20 bags. A Yuma friend gave out 200 bags. Lol..I think she added an extra zero.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's crazy! I'm guessing it's because I don't live right in town, but even those who do, didn't get much action here.

      Delete
  5. Glad you and Cooper lived through Halloween. The green coloring and black dress brings out the best in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so ... it was green hair dye. It washed out .... kind of.

      Delete