Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Maybe It's Aliens

You just never know what's going to show up in your ordinary day at the office.  Things happen ... and sometimes you think ..... maybe it was aliens.  (or NOT!!)

For once I got plenty of sleep without the usual two hours of nightmares.  That was a big plus to begin Bingo day.  While perusing the nighttime happenings on my phone for my local area, I noticed there was a post about lights having been seen about half a mile away.

A bright white light they said ... triangle in shape ... with flashing green lights, crossing the sky until it stopped perfectly still in one spot.  The first ten answers to the post were DRONE.  That was followed up by aliens ... definitely aliens.  

In nothing flat, it was aliens that spray a mist of something every night that makes us sick.  That's why everyone is getting a cough and runny nose.  We are allergic to it, causing flue-like symptoms ... and it's KILLING US.  My oh my ... someone has a good imagination.  I voted for drone.

With that, I went back to work sewing on that quilt, which is now all sewn together ... except the borders.  No aliens involved there at all. 


The next thing I knew it was lunchtime and the painters left, leaving my garage doors open due to wet paint.  Really, this is a nice upscale neighborhood, but we all keep a look out for porch pirates which abound.  Cooper barked, so I looked out to see a car parked at the end of my driveway.  He got out and went for a short jog.  That's weird.  Maybe it's an alien.

I looked out the back to see a Fed Ex truck next door.  AHA ... he's waiting for the truck to leave so he can snatch that package.  No luck though, someone came to answer the door.

I stood there with my mouth open.  The guy turned around and jogged right up my driveway to the back of the painters truck.  I ran to the back door, threw it open and said WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING ... in my best Crazy Lady accent.  Well actually I used a few different words.  He turned tail and ran.  Little brat thought he was going to get some good tools I guess.  Definitely NOT a UFO alien, but most likely an ALIEN.

In no time it was the hour of BINGO.  I made sure the painters got the message to put everything in the garage and close the doors before they left.  I boom boom boomed all the way to town, playing that one song over and over.  I turned the speakers up LOUD and felt the truck vibrate as I thought about what CD's I would buy next.  This is better than McDonalds!

Something happened ... maybe alien abductions ... because there was not a Knight to be found at Bingo.  Am I going to be the only one?  At last I spotted three people, but we didn't have enough to officially open.  At long last we had a skeleton crew and the onslaught began.

It was weird, because in less than an hour, our line had disappeared.  Definitely alien abductions, because these people wouldn't miss Bingo for anything!  Our crowd totaled 95 instead of the usual 140.  That's 50 people who decided buying food for their family was more important.  I was shocked!

Out of the blue I heard .... yes ma'am ... they fly over at night and spray us all.  I hear them all the time.  That's why we are all sick!!!   I said Gosh ... I thought it was my sycamore tree!!  

Thats when it happened .... the infernal machine spit out a tape that said RO.  That's short for received on account.  I don't use that key ... EVER.  Mostly because we never receive anything on account and it's hard to clear that out.  The infernal machine hangs on with gritted teeth.  

AHA ..... it IS ALIENS!!!!  So that made for a very long night as I punched keys right and left to correct it and make the infernal machine give up a ticket that I balanced with.  Lucky for me, the Castle Peasants were patient (which was a miracle) while waiting for their winnings.  I finally got home at 11:30 ... ugh ... and up at 4:30.  

At this point, the aliens can take me.  Won't they be surprised when they see all my nightmares!  I'm pretty sure they would throw me back.

And so I'll be asleep on the couch, since I know my neighbors are keeping an eye out for those triangle flying things with blinking lights.  As long as I stay inside, I should be fine.






10 comments:

  1. Good catch keeping an eye on that interloper. I am sure he was up to no good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt! Seems he drove by again about an hour later.

      Delete
  2. One day at the Library a guy walks into my office concerned about the 'Airplane Contrails' that he saw. "You know, they have been drugging us (American Citizens) for the past 25-30 years now! You see them criss-cross in the sky, that is the 'lethal' dose!" "Sir", I said, "how long have airplanes been doing this?" "Well, I have seen them a lot the past 25-30 years." "So", I said, "they were not having these contrails before that????" "No sir," he said. "Interesting, because I remember seeing WW2 movies where the B-17 was famous for having a large contrail behind them." "Well," he said, "they must have been doing this for longer than I have known!" "Oh," I said, "so in WW2 they were more interested in poisoning the population than in defeating Hitler?" He walked out muttering that 'I' was part of the propaganda problem....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting what people come up with in regards to aliens. Kinda makes you wonder.

      Delete
  3. Interesting that the guy showed up the same time as the fed ex truck, the painters truck was a moment of opportunity since someone collected the package at the door. Makes you wonder if they follow the trucks.
    Prepare for next week, those pesky peasants will return en mass cranky after so much time with family. Maybe you can pick up a cold from the spray in order to avoid next week’s bingo crush! Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually seen them follow Amazon vans and cars around and one of my good friends caught them with her package. It's Christmas coming up, so I imagine they will be out in force. This last year has been the worst ever.

      Delete
  4. Bet you scared that guy with your authoritative mean voice. I go for the drones too. Probably everyone preparing for Thanksgiving accounts for the small turnout. Nice to not have so many when short handed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used my Bingo voice! LOL. Definitely nicer when it's not so crowded.

      Delete
  5. Wow it's amazing how many crimes are crimes of opportunity! Lucky you were home and could see and yell at him! Good job Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like they just drive around all day and look for stuff to steal. I don't know how they can afford the gas!

      Delete