Wednesday, November 2, 2022

I NEED A CLOTHESPIN!!!

Oh me oh MY ... this is what I call the Bingo hangover.  I switched up a chili cheese dog sans bun (that's French for without) thinking it would be better.  Trust me, it was NOT.  It sure tasted good going down however.

Add to that the 4 o'clock wake up, followed by being attacked by a bear, car jacked by a crazy killer and having a dog jump in your truck without you knowing until you drove 300 miles.  I'd give anything to figure out my Halloween nightmares that happen most every night.  

So I'm rather drug out this morning, yawning, eyes half closed, trying to concentrate.  It will get better in no time though .. I've got phony coffee.

GREAT NEWS yesterday, it not only sprinkled but it rained like a son-of-a-gun!!  I couldn't believe it until I got soaked running from my house to the garage.  I know I have six umbrellas around the house, but I couldn't find a single one. 


You're not going to believe this, but it was actually a pretty good night.  No one threw money at me and no one tried to steal anything.  How could that be?  Especially with 140 avid bingo players in attendance.  I hate to bring up THIS subject, but it was the only BIG problem all night long.  

I don't know what those people eat, but O M G ..... the gas was prolific!!  Add to that the fact that not one, but BOTH bathrooms are within a stones throw distance from me.  Let me just say that these women are disgusting when it comes to bathroom etiquette.  CLOSE THE DOOR!!!  Or at least FLUSH THE TOILET!  I NEED A CLOTHESPIN!!!  No kidding ... it was the worst night in history.

As you can imagine, I was more than happy to leave the premises as soon as possible.  


But first, I had to pick up my turkey.  One of the nice perks of working Bingo is all the workers get a turkey for Thanksgiving.  Costco refused our request this year, but Tar-shay (French for Target) said yes and provided us with beautiful 15 pounders, wrapped of course.  At least I won't starve this month!!
With nothing more interesting going on and Vicks now stuffed up my nose, here's a video of the fox stalking the kitty kitty.  That black blob by the dog box, way in the back just to the right of the white pole, is the kitty.  Watch the eyes and you will see where the fox goes.  Turn your sound up at the very end.


Later in the night, they met again.  The end of the video shows how BRAVE the fox is.  I just love watching these behaviors.  I'm not sure if he wants to eat the kitty or play with him.


By the way, thank you for the boiling coffee advice.  Although I didn't have any coffee beans, I mixed up a good portion of instant coffee (Cyndae will wonder what happened to her stash she keeps here) and set it on the stove to boil.  

Soon the smell of wonderful coffee was wafting through the house.  You know what happened.  I forgot about it and now the wonderful smell of BURNT coffee is wafting through the house.  It's not bad really, better than the oil smell, so thank you for that advice.

I pretty much feel like I was drug though a knot hole backwards, so Cooper and I will be resting on the couch until I can muster up enough energy to head out for a two mile walk.  I've been trying to do that at least three days a week.  So far so good!!

Yes there's one more fox video ... the strangest one, along with some of Cooper.  71 to be exact.  I set up my critter cam in the living room last night, just to see what he does when I'm gone.  Oh my goodness ... you won't believe it.

Thanks for stopping by .... 


9 comments:

  1. You are lucky you (they) found Turkeys to give out. Heard on the radio yesterday that there is a HUGE Turkey Shortage. This is what I found on the Internet: "The two major reasons for the turkey shortage is inflation and an outbreak of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) among the turkey population. But turkey producers' 2019 decision to cut back the number of birds they raise is also making this year even more problematic." I think we will have lamb for Thanksgiving (Pretty sure my ancestors on the Mayflower had Lamb for Thanksgiving too....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I would settle for tacos. One of these days I'll have to try lamb, though it's not my favorite. Most likely because I don't know how to cook it.

      Delete
  2. Very nice of Target to give the turkeys, as they're probably priced like gold! I'll be looking soon. Oh the story of the gas!! LOL but not good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They gave us a good price. Truly Target isn't where you buy groceries around here, so I imagine they had plenty.

      Delete
  3. A revolt is coming, the peasants are resting this week. Haha.

    Baking soda in a dish will help eliminate odours, as does freshly sliced onions.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Ed said Coffee in a skillet is an old painters trick my dad used it for years, When you paint somebody’s house inside it will masks the odor of the oil base paint~
    A lot of the old New Englanders used to put coffee beans in their steam kettle while it sat on the woodstove
    That was a lot better than The candles and the electric perfume gadget today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you could find any Bayberry beans. Or lavender cuttings There just as good as replacing them with coffee beans

      Delete
    2. That coffee really worked good. Maybe I'll keep a pot on the stove. It does work better than those electric perfume gizzies.

      Delete