Saturday, November 12, 2022

Led A Bit Astray

 Hic ... hic ... hic ... waking up with hiccups is the pits.  For me, it means I HAVE to get up and drink twelve gulps of water without breathing.  It's the only thing that works.  Sleeping after that is no longer an option.  I have to admit, it was made all better when I looked out the window to see this beautiful sunrise.  Not an Arizona sunrise by any means, but a nice one none the less.


I then headed to the back yard to let Cooper out, only to see the moon setting at the same time.  It was a pretty sight to see, followed up by a nice hot cup o joe.


You can tell Cooper and I played in the bedroom so as not to wake our company Cyndae.  She's not used to getting up at 4 am.  Darn hiccups!!  These things were nicely stacked on the ottoman prior to play time.  And I wonder where those holes in my socks come from.  He covers up the ball, then digs it back out, silly boy!


Here's a headless knight at the round table from Thursday nights meetings.  I guess having four meetings at once is better than driving all the way to town four days a week.  I can't complain about that.  Maybe, possibly ... probably not ... half the table didn't even have a drink.  I might be rubbing off on them.  Nah, no chance of that.


Finally awake and zombie walking, Cyndae came in to the kitchen, not once complaining about the broken toilet seat that tries to throw her on the floor.  I really need to get that fixed.  We spent an hour discussing shopping or eating ... which pastime we would enjoy more.  Both are at the top of my list.

But first ... she had an appointment in town.  She took her car.  Remember that point.


I picked her up afterwards and we headed down to the Elks Lodge for the Veterans Dinner.  The place was packed.  Wait ... I don't see any food.  Turns out it would be another hour before they served, so off we went to buy that new toilet seat.  

FOUND IT and returned the one that didn't fit.  After standing in front of 30 feet full of boxes of screws, I even got some to fix my doors.  I think I need 6, but of course had to buy a box of 50.

Gosh ... Hobby Lobby is right next door.  How convenient!  It's a dangerous store ... I spend WAY too much money, but the 60% off signs drew us in like candy.  I LOVE THIS STORE!!  It was packed to the brim with people buying up everything they could get their hands on, which made it a little difficult to navigate.  It was like Black Friday.

What made it even better, I kept running into people I knew.  The "King's" wife was there ... haven't been able to talk to her in ages ... along with the Castle bookkeeper.  It took me fifteen minutes to find Cyndae again, her basket full to the brim.  

I was led a bit astray with two cute stockings for Cooper and I and some red plaid.  I do love red plaid.  The whole shebang came to $25.  Oh ... and there was something for Cooper, but I'll have to show you tomorrow.  Really ... if you like decorating and you have a Hobby Lobby store, you should check it out.


And we were off, headed back home.  Half way there Cyndae says MY CAR!!!  Good grief ... we left it in Lowe's parking lot.  A double senior moment I guess!  We drove all the way back to pick it up.

Finally back home, we spent 20 minutes changing out the seat and giving everything a good scrubbing.  Well that was fun.  I don't know if it works better ... I haven't asked Cyndae.


While looking for some pictures, I came upon this one of my baby Jessie.  She was the crankiest dog I ever owned, but also the sweetest.  She was different, to say the least.  THIS is where all of Cooper's bad habits come from.


I found this yesterday too ... you know, just in case you ever get a strange phone call from me.  If I say this, call the po-po.


We finally did get to eat.  I had a lot of ham left over in the freezer, so we made Mac n Cheese, a staple in my house.  I wasn't thinking when I heard the grinder ... then it was NOOOOOO!  Cyndae had grabbed the awful pepper grinder, awful as in it tastes terrible and is so old (12 years I think) it should be thrown away, and was adding it to the sauce.  

We used lots of regular pepper instead and it turned out great.  I think much better than the chicken and rigatoni served at the Elks Lodge.  It will be Mac n Cheese for breakfast!!  

Time to go check the critter cam and give Cooper some snuggle time.  Thanks for stopping by.




12 comments:

  1. Hobby Lobby is one of Barbs favorite stores as well. I think all of our holiday decorations come from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it surprises me how much perfect stuff they have for decorating ... and usually pretty reasonably priced.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet picture of your Jessie❣
    In total agreement Hobby Lobby is a dangerous store but it is fun buying the stuff they sell...lol
    I am giggling reading the material quote. After eight years I am still getting rid of my stash...lol Though, I just may have found a way to get rid of a tiny bit of it...looking forward to seeing you this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think quilters EVER get rid of all their fabric, in spite of trying very hard.

      Delete
  3. Hobby Lobby is definitely on our list!! 60% off??? my goodness, some of my decorations need to be updated! :0
    A sweet picture of little grumpy Jessie, she was her own personality. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect time to update ... and they don't even have all the Christmas stuff out yet. Thanksgiving is REALLY on sale.

      Delete
  4. Is it ever possible to have enough fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If California is suppose to be such a 'progressive' state, why is it that their election process is so 'archaic'? Sometimes I am shamed that it is my 'home state' by birth!

    Funny how you both forgot her car...surprised you didn't get home before you remembered...perhaps that will happen in 5 more years from now! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the stories I could tell you about California elections. This year was a doozy!

      Delete
  6. Hiccups suck! That's funny about the car! LOL. Mac, cheese and ham ohhh yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously I was focused on the Mac n cheese while driving home! LOL

      Delete