Friday, November 4, 2022

BAD Doggy Mom!!

Yikes!!  What happened?  It was a lovely 62 degrees just a couple days ago, and now it's 37!  That doesn't usually show up until some time in December.  The change in weather has been dramatic.  It's supposed to begin raining Sunday and continue for four days.  Maybe California will actually get enough rain this year to fill the reservoirs.  This is what it looks like out of Reno, just over the mountains.  Guess I better dig out all my winter boots.


So it's official.  I'm a bad doggy Mom.  Warning:  do NOT set up a critter cam to watch your puppies.  You will be sorry.  I almost cried as I watch my kid sitting on the couch watching out the window for any sign of a car passing by, meaning I was home.

Every time one went by, he jumped down and ran to the door.  SEVENTY ONE times.  This is a screen shot of his positioning most of the night.  It made me feel TERRIBLE!


I always wondered why that couch cushion on the back was flat.  He never EVER crawls up there when I'm home.  At least I leave the television on for a little noise.  He appears to look at it occasionally, but I'm not sure if he's seeing the TV or the camera infrared lights.


So lets made Mom feel even WORSE.  OH THE WAILING!  It starts out so quiet and gets louder as he goes.  I had no idea.  He howled on and off the entire time I was gone.  


Cooper ... you're killing me!!!!  I'm hoping these videos are the ones I wanted to upload.  There were so many that I lost track of which ones to post.  It takes quite some time for them to load, and then once they do, you cannot check them.  

I always felt bad about leaving him for a seven hour Bingo session, but now I feel even worse.  It's funny too ... if I play these, he barks at me.  I read the other day that our pets are only a PART of our lives, but we are 100% ALL of their lives and mean everything to them.  So go pet your pet and give them a treat.


Of course I had to leave him AGAIN, since last night was meeting night at the lodge.  I folded and wore the blue jacket, but stuck to my Levis and boots.  SO much more comfortable.  

Dinner was ribeye steak (nice, but too much fat on them for me), scalloped potatoes and the usual green beans.  Everyone HATES green beans from a can.   I don't care how much bacon you put on them, they are green beans from a can.  I brought half of the steak home as a peace offering for Cooper.

Luckily I slid by the fine for not wearing the 'uniform'.  Thanks go to the long time lawyer trustee who provided my defense and squashed the opposition.

That's two late nights in one week and I'm beat.  If it warms up a bit, I'll be hitting the pavement for a two mile wakeup call.  Otherwise, I'll be on the couch giving lots of love to my kid, Cooper.



14 comments:

  1. Try putting a doggie movie on the TV perhaps???? I am wondering if Indy makes those noises too...we try to take her everywhere though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Indy makes a little noise ... LOL. Cooper can't go many places with me because it's too hot. Now that it's winter, I could probably take him to town now and again.

      Delete
  2. Oh my! Cooper is breaking my heart too!! We were pretty sure Gibbs only whines when we're about to go BUT yesterday afternoon he saw us go next door and heard Schatzi bark and he went into some really sad whining too. Only for about 7 or 8 minutes (we were counting!) and then he went up to the bed to sleep. ♥ They do need to get used to us leaving but that video is sad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie used to do the same thing. I could hear her howl before I even got in the car. Cooper should be used to it by now!!

      Delete
  3. Everyone hates green beans in a can? What? Not everyone. I love them because I can eat them. I can even eat them cold from the can. Seems everything is relative. You are just spoiled and need to get back to what cowboys eat, eh. :O)
    From what I hear of your eating habits, I think you'd do much better getting back to what you used to eat in your younger cowgirl years.
    Bobseyes.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right Bob ... I have to admit, cold green beans from a can are quite tasty. I think these are just so overcooked they turn to mush.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, poor Cooper. He is such a darling and misses you so when you're gone. I think Yuma just sleeps while I'm gone, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I know, right? I had no idea he missed me so much!

      Delete
  6. Aww, poor little Cooper. But you are a really good doggy mom. Don't forget that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me feel bad for the little guy ... now when I come home, I spend more time playing with him! LOL

      Delete
  7. We have had a camera on our dogs when we are gone as well. For the most part they just lay quietly on the couch. Sometimes they are off camera where we suspect they are sleeping comfortably on the bed.
    The obvious solution is for you to get a puppy to torment and keep Cooper company all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I had another Jack Russell Terrier who tormented Cooper. She's gone now, so maybe that's why he howls. NO ... NO more puppies! LOL

      Delete