Sunday, November 13, 2022

Reindeer Pictures!

A chilly 39 degrees is keeping me off the patio in the mornings.  Cooper is very happy about that since now coffee hour involves a little stuffed toy playing time.   That is almost as good as doggy yoga since I always seem to find myself on the floor.  

Cruising through my phone while he scarfed down his morning snack, I found this.  It's good to laugh out loud!!


The foxes still return every night, picking up a spider or two along with a few worms.  Too bad they didn't get that huge gopher, although I think it was a bit too big for them.  This was a little ham left over that I tossed out.  Just to show you how small they are, these pieces are about one inch square.  He picked up one, then tried to fit one more in his mouth.  

They stopped by about 7:30 pm, again at 1:00 and made one more run through at 6:30 in the morning.  I would never know they even existed if it weren't for the critter cam.  I laughed when my neighbor sent me a message ... she had caught one on her door camera, marking her pumpkin decoration.  I don't tell the neighbors they are around because I don't want them to disappear.


So here's my confession of the day ... I'm one of THOSE people who decorates for Christmas BEFORE Thanksgiving.  Truly I don't do much at all compared to years past because it is too much trouble to put it all away when I travel.  

That's what I did yesterday, I drug out a few things to put around the house.  No one sees them but me I suppose, but maybe Cooper enjoys them.  Speaking of Cooper ... while in Hobby Lobby we found the reindeer horns.  They come in two sizes if you can corral your kids and hold them down while trying to put them on.

As you can see, Cooper was none too happy about this!!  


His eyes turned into something crazy, probably because the elastic was so tight he couldn't breathe, so I took them off.  There will be no cute Christmas card with his picture this year!!!


Cyndae took off around noon, giving me time to make a pumpkin pie.  Why so early?  Because when I opened the cupboard to put the cans away, I found I had already bought a huge can of pumpkin and two cans of evaporated milk.  I've got enough stuff to make FOUR pumpkin pies ... so I have a lot of eating to do.

Too lazy to go to the store for my easiest frozen pie shell, I decided to try making it.  I haven't done this in probably 30 years.  No telling how it's going to turn out.  This ... along with one can of pumpkin ... is going to make two pies.  These pies don't freeze well, so I guess I'll have to find an unsuspecting someone to give one to.  I'll let you know how it turns out.


That's when I got the phone call.  Someone was sitting in my driveway.  Luckily I was halfway decently dressed, although covered in flour, so I went outside to see what they wanted.  Looky here!  Wasn't I surprised!!!  They even spelled my name right.

I'm not sure everyone agreed with this, but I did a lot of behind-the-scenes work that only a few people knew about.  I'm not one to pat myself on the back however, so every lodge meeting when they ask the Officers of the Year to stand, I rarely do.  It's nice to know all that work was appreciated however.


I'll be off early this morning looking for Chris-Moose crunch ingredients ... who doesn't like popcorn and M&M's!!  Assuming of course I can find them.  Seems there is now an M&M shortage!!

One more laugh for the day, although here it's not so laughable.  


Our County Assessor runs the election.  She trained her successor very well for when she retired, but the Board of Supervisors chose to hire someone from HSA (welfare, stuff like that) with no experience whatsoever.  It happened in my office too, which is why I retired early.

Anyway, she didn't proofread the ballots and they were all mailed out with names missing.  Funny how that happened.  It was such a fiasco, they had to REHIRE the retired Assessor at a huge cost, to clean up the mess.    They are STILL counting the votes, not that it matters really.  We are just one tiny County in California.  And they wonder why people question the elections.



27 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Officer of the Year award, you did deserve it, it is nice to be recognized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill. It is VERY nice and I was VERY surprised!

      Delete
  2. Barb typically decorates for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving and it is usually down a day or two after Christmas. Congratulations on the award, I am sure it is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See ... I'm the one that wants to leave everything up until February! LOL

      Delete
  3. Always nice to get recognized by others for all you do. Now, get a button to wear at Bingo that says, "I am #1, not you!" lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha ... that's funny! I don't think it would matter!

      Delete
  4. OMG! Cooper is just too cute!! I enjoy getting the decorations up early and enjoying them a longer time. Once Christmas is over I take them down. Congratulations on the award! Well deserved!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooper wasn't too happy about that, for sure. Maybe I'll try it one more time.

      Delete
  5. Nice to be recognized for all your hard work.
    Cooper still looks cute even as a reindeer.
    Good luck with the decorations.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing you both in your new rig.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your Officer of the Year award. I know you deserve it and I'm happy they recognized you for it. Unfortunately, for some reason Xmas is a stressful time for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm sorry Doug. Christmas is stressful for a lot of people, unfortunately.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your Officer of the year award! Now that is something to be proud of and for you to know that your efforts didn't go unnoticed. Hey, if you love Christmas, why not decorate early. There are some Christmas decorations out already in our neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... it was a nice award to receive. Around here the decorations go up on Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  8. The first photo of Cooper might be a Christmas card - he doesn't look quite as desperate as in the second. I think you could get by with it. Meanwhile, I add my congratulations. At least someone has noticed your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try the antlers one more time. You're right, he doesn't look quite as desperate! LOL

      Delete
  9. Congrats on your award, there is no doubt it is well deserved.
    Cooper looks a little miffed, I think taking the antlers off was a good idea or might find holes in your favourite something. Payback!
    Good luck with the pie crust, it can be a challenge.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Cooper thought he was being punished! LOL

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your award, well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big congratulation for the Award🙌🙌
    I’m thinking the Grand Old Elks Lodge are
    lucky to have you! Well noted***
    Pumpkin pie, yum..... making me craving one,
    which I’ll probably buy. Enjoy yours!
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful they noticed my hard work. Oh yes ... I love some pumpkin pie swimming in whipped cream.

      Delete
  12. I agree, you certainly are worthy of that award Nancy. It's nice to know that you are appreciated for all your time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Loree. I appreciate that someone noticed.

      Delete
  13. I'm behind in reading blogs. Sorry!! Congrats to Officer of the Year!! You sure do deserve it!
    Poor Cooper! Gibbs would not have left them on long enough for a picture.

    ReplyDelete