Tuesday, November 22, 2022

BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!

I'm not coming to you from the frozen patio this morning, but the desk near my front windows where I can see the frost on the pumpkin.  It's another 32 degree morning.  Even though I had solar put in, I'm still chintzy when it comes to electricity.  The heaters are on, but only set to 67 degrees.  I look like a mummy sitting here with three layers of clothing on.  Somehow spending more time in Arizona has changed up my temperature gauge ... or maybe it's just old age.

I was SO excited yesterday to be heading straight to the Sound Encounters store.  If you pull up beside someone and you hear that obnoxious BOOM BOOM BOOM, you know where it came from.  These guys have been doing this for almost 30 years.

As I have mentioned before, the CD player in my truck died while eating one of my CD's, may it rest in peace.  Driving as much as I do, most times the only stations I can come up with are in a language I really don't speak.  Last year I got an estimate that made my eyes roll into the back of my head, not to mention the fact that they were back ordered for about 8 months.  No thank you ... I'll practice my language skills and try to figure out what words are being sung.

Just for kicks, I stopped in again last week, to find the delivery to be THREE days.  Let's DO IT!!  And here she is ... a gorgeous new NAVIGATION program ... like in a NEW truck ... but it cost me less than $80,000 for a new one.  

Not only that, but the CD player WORKS!!!  I've now got BOOM BOOM with the best of them.  It took me an hour to figure out the equalizer and the fade though.  


Guess what I'm doing here!!  Yup ... playing my Chris Stapleton CD and rocking to the musica.  Of course everything has a learning curve, and this is a big one.  What else does it do?

I've got a microphone on the steering wheel now ... a bluetooth connection to my phone, so no more yelling COP and putting the phone down.  I can call up Siri any time, tell it where I want to go and it navigates there.  

Even better ... I can actually connect it to my phone and call anyone on my list, I can view text messages ... photos, emails ... AND I can play any music that I have downloaded to my phone.  Whatever my phone does, this does.  This thing is crazy!!  

One more thing, I can plug in my iPod and play THAT music!!  I can't believe I waited so long to do this.  Need a traffic camera?  You can add that.  Need a backup camera?  You can add that too.  


So as you can imagine, I spent most of yesterday just sitting in my truck jamming to my favorite country music.  Another plus, it's wired to my steering wheel controls and On Star.  Nancy is a REALLY happy camper, in spite of that terrible turkey dinner.

Speaking of the dinner, I discovered yesterday that it's the dark meat that tastes so bad.  I've been able to eat the turkey breast.  Even the gravy tastes a little better, so it didn't all go into the trash.  

Honestly if I told you what they feed those turkeys, you probably wouldn't eat ANY of them except Butterball because they feed corn and oats.  How do I know that?  I dated a Supervisor at Foster Farms chicken and turkey processing plant for awhile.  I learned more than I ever wanted to know.  Even your dry dog food is involved, but that's disgusting, so we won't talk about THAT!

I did pry myself away from my truck long enough to finish the squares for this quilt.  I didn't dare go outside to check on the painters, because every time I do I end up in a long conversation that wastes WAY too much time that I'm paying for.


The painting is coming along nicely, but SLOWLY.  It seems there is always something MORE that needs repair.  I suppose that's a good thing, since I will never have to do this again, and it ups the value.  It's only money, right?

I'll be in my truck ....... rocking out!!  


19 comments:

  1. Would it work to put a Mr. Buddy heater on your patio and sit close to it on chilly mornings? You don't want to give up on your sunrises and coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yessiree ... that just might work!! A big bonfire might be better though!!

      Delete
  2. You know those Tanker (think gas tanker bringing gas to your gas station) Trucks that say "Tyson" on them are? That is what they haul away all the dead chickens/turkeys away with, along with any slushy stuff, and takes them to a fertilizer/composting place. See LOTS of them in Arkansas and surrounding states. They also have the same type of truck setup with no name on them...all doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here they are hauled in open top trucks covered with a tarp ... to the Corpo Plant where they grind and cook it for dog food flavoring. What you smell when you open a bag of dog food? That's everything but the cluck.

      Delete
  3. WOW! Didn't know all that could be done with a new stereo, but I like it. Enjoy your new toy and I'm glad it didn't come with a new truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it either Doug, until he started showing me how to hook up to it. Amazing what a tiny box can do.

      Delete
  4. Nice nav system, short of teaching you a new language or dance step, I think you have it covered! It’s only money and you might as well enjoy it, you earned it.
    Glad to hear the turkey wasn’t a total waste. You need to put it in a pot pie or something to help lessen the impact. Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get the CD, it can even teach me Spanish! LOL
      Today I make turkey pot pie soup!

      Delete
  5. Kenwood back up camera 60 bucks eBay It’s a plug and play unit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made a mistake it’s Amazon not eBay they’re cheaper on eBay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new system. Not sure what to call it since it does everything!
    Does it cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man Patsy ... I sure wish it did!!! Wouldn't that make my life easier!!

      Delete
  8. That is a nice system!
    Wouldn't it be nice if it cooked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Loree ... yes it would!!! No such luck however!

      Delete
  9. What a great Kenwood Unit- should be just great for those long hauls.Perhaps a rear camera would be a great assist with the 5th hookup.Definitely stay warm- all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a backup camera on the 5th wheel, thank goodness. It's a separate unit that I hang off the windshield. That was a MUST HAVE when I bought the rig.

      Delete
  10. Not by much at my age!! Of course I look like an idiot be-bopping down the highway, but that's okay with me.

    ReplyDelete