Thursday, November 3, 2022

Craziest Thing I've Ever Seen

It's morning again.  Dark and cold after another day of rain.  I do love having Mother Nature water my lawn so I can turn my system off.  She does a much better job.   

I spent the early hours watching the fox videos again, and what do I see but a strange white thing running around the back yard.  Trust me, he NEVER gets out there by himself.  He has his very own MOM watchdog at all times, especially after the skunk encounter.  We are not doing THAT again!


So here it is, the craziest thing I've ever seen.  It's hard to see so you have to look closely.  Keep an eye immediately to the right of that white post after halfway up.  See what's climbing the steel fence?  It's definitely NOT a kitty kitty. 

The kitty had been just below and the fox wanted to be on higher ground.  Now THAT'S an amazing feat for a fox.  I can't believe I got this on video.  You may have to play it twice to get a good look.  Craziest thing I've ever seen.


When the sun finally came up, I was off in a flash to the diesel station up North of me.  It's interesting to hear both sides of the story.  One of my friends who operates the biggest almond orchard in the country said his diesel fuel supplier suggested he buy every bit he could because it was going to be in short supply and the price was going up yet again.  He suggested I fill my truck tank.

I've been going there for years and know the nice lady well enough to have a quiet talk with her.  She said it's all rumors, that their supplier said it wasn't true, so who knows which side to believe.  It cost me a small fortune to fill my truck ... $213.00 at $5.69 a gallon.  Gas is $4.89.  OUCH!!

On the way home, I required a new ironing board cover.  Unfortunately I glued just about everything to my board making this last quilt/wall hanging.  Anything I iron, sticks rather nicely now.  I don't like shopping at Walmart one bit and avoid the place like the plague, but it was on the way home.  

I thought this time I could kill two birds with one stone and pick up some gluten free bread.  I was a little shocked when I saw the price of $6.73 for one very small loaf.  Too bad I didn't look a little closer.  See that little Best By date?  Exactly why I don't like Walmart.  The pull date was 10/29 ... FOUR DAYS AGO!

The same thing applied to the bagels I picked up ... expired FOUR DAYS AGO!!  Yeah, Nancy wasn't very happy!!  Why is this stuff even on the shelf?


I noticed they don't have prices on their shelves like other grocery stores.  I've been thinking pancakes would be yummy and maybe the gluten free part wouldn't be noticeable when cooked.  What could be better than Bisquick?  At least the pull date was good, but I only discovered the price as I was looking at the receipt for the bread.  $6.74 for this tiny little 16 ounce box!!  I guess I'm not going gluten free after all.  I'll report on the pancakes later.


Big sigh ... then I found THIS!  I LOVE tikka masala, and does it not look yummy on the box?  At least this one was cheap, or relatively so.  I'll let you know how it is tomorrow!


I spent the rest of the day attaching all the parts and pieces of fabric to this wall hanging.  It's not really going to be a quilt per se.  I ended up doing some embroidery because my rope idea didn't work out, and there are still some jewelry pieces to add, along with borders, and then of course it has to be quilted.


This morning I'm gearing up for a dentist appointment ... oh the fun ... and another steak dinner at the Elks Lodge before the meeting tonight.  I'm protesting their blue jacket gray pants protocol and wearing a black jacket and Levis.  Always the black sheep!!!




9 comments:

  1. That is quite the feat for Foxy to get up there like that! Let's hope fuel prices don't get any higher, it is stupid enough the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Foxy ... certainly something I've never seen before. Diesel here got up to $7.00 ... so I suppose they think we should be happy it's only $5.69.

      Delete
  2. I did gluten free years ago, then talking with my Dr. she said that gluten free is not good unless you HAVE to be. There is more added sugars, sodium and fat in gluten free and so much more expensive. I checked that statement this am before commenting and it's correct Just an FYI. Who do you believe about the diesel shortage?! Whatever news source, they all say something different. Geez!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how news stations used to thrive on telling the truth. Now you can't believe them at all.

      Delete
  3. I 'KNOW' you caught that little fox and put him up there Nancy!!! lol

    One of these times we are going to leave Indy in the condo and I will have cameras on the inside just to see how she does. I know she does not like being alone, just wonder how long she fusses about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be ready to cry. I now feel terrible every time I leave the house.

      Delete
  4. Fuel prices are going to go up, there are too many folks travelling and paying for home heating fuel right now for them to go down. Maybe when the summer months come they will drop a little but not much.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Deb ... so they raise them in the summer when people travel, they raise it in the winter when Canadians travel and again because of home heating. So just WHEN do we get a break?

      Delete
  5. Thanks Marlene ... that hanging is different, that's for sure. I just want fuel to go back to where it was at $4.79.

    ReplyDelete