Thursday, November 18, 2021

The NOSE Knows

Sometimes you just have to laugh out loud.  With no one around to tell me funny jokes, my laughs usually come from the KID.  As spoiled rotten as he is, he's the best company ever.  He never complains about going to bed or asks what's for dinner, although sometimes when my cooking prowess isn't the best, he balks at eating.  That's when the bag-o-treats comes out.  Put a few pieces in his bowl and he gobbles it up.

THIS is the infamous BALL.  At any one moment in time, there are probably seven laying around the house, all hidden under something.  That's the game ... roll it under the furniture so I have to do a downward doggie pose to get it OUT.

The conversation went something like this:

Bark bark bark (at my walk-in closet).        No Cooper, there is no ball in the closet.

Bark bark bark.      Cooper, there is nothing in that closet.  He went inside, sat down and barked some more.

In the back of my mind, I know he has never been wrong, but I INSIST there is NO BALL, before getting down on my knees and looking under every box and pair of shoes on the floor.

SEE???  NO BALL!!

Bark bark bark.  Oh good grief Cooper ... there is NO BALL in the closet, or in any of those shoes or even up on the shelf.  NOTHING!!  Yup I talk to him a lot.

Now he's actually pointing and barking at a huge cloth bag I pack stuff in to go to Arizona.  

Cooper ... there are NO balls in that bag.  He just gives me that look .... the one that says if you would just LOOK ... you would FIND.  Okay, okay ..... I stuck my hand in the bag.  I just shook my head in disbelief and laughed out loud.  You got it .... there in the bottom of that bag was one of his balls that he decided was the ONE for the entire day.  I'm telling you, the nose is NEVER wrong!!  The NOSE KNOWS!!  The little brat!!  It amazes me just how good his little nose is.


Last week I bought a bag of dog food along with three more little balls.  When the box came, I put it on the kitchen counter and didn't open it.  Within five minutes he disappeared from the couch.  Next thing I know, he's barking at the counter.  It took me awhile to figure it out since I don't speak dog-ese.  Then it dawned on me .... he smelled the balls in the box.  I opened it and gave him one that he took and played with for the next hour.

So, while Cooper chased the ball around the living room floor, I cut up the two roasted chickens I got from Costco.  Talk about a good deal ..... this would be it.  These are five pound chickens that you can't even find in the grocery store, roasted to perfection and boxed up as I entered the store.  

In less then five minutes, they were all gone except three.  I grabbed TWO for $5.00 each.  If I could even find a five pound chicken, it would cost me at least $10.  Next time I'm getting three.  

The nose knows these too.  In no time, Cooper was standing at my feet.  Bark.  No.  Bark bark.  NO.  Bark bark bark .... okay, one little piece.  I'm an easy mark.


That's when I found these.  Where did they come from??  Costco knows I'm an easy mark also.  These are the best ice cream bars with lots of chocolate.  It's portion control so I don't eat an entire quart of ice cream.  The best part?  Cooper can't smell these and they are $10 a box.  


In between getting the ball out from under every piece of furniture in the house, I finished this quilt.  Although more difficult than I expected, I do love the design.  Some day I might even make another one.  I added it to the huge stack I now have to transport to Arizona to quilt on my new machine.


I called yesterday to see the status of said machine, and was happy to hear it had been ordered and would be delivered the week after Christmas.  PERFECT!!!  Of course you know it will just be another piece of furniture Cooper can roll his toys under.  I just keep telling myself that Downward Dog keeps me flexible in my old age.


14 comments:

  1. Sam's has the same type of chickens, $4.98 each. HOWEVER, I have noticed that they are not cooking up as many as they use to! Not sure if I will find this trend in Florida, but here in Sacramento area they do. I got two last Friday, and there were 7 or 8 left and none in the oven cooking. That was around 1 pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must sell a lot here because within ten minutes he had another huge stack of them. Maybe they have an "in" with Foster Farms? I can tell you they get snapped up in seconds.

      Delete
  2. For that price I'd get a few and stick them in the freezer for down the road. I've done it and they're just as good as when you buy them. The box of ice cream bars sounds so yummy! You'll be busy in AZ for sure! Cooper is just too cute and smart too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I do with them ... freezer time!

      Delete
  3. Cooper knows! He is a cutie. I stay away from the ice cream but the chicken is a bargain anytime. 😋 wonder how many quilts you have. Any for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of quilts for sale ... I'll bring them with me if you want to take a look. They are very inexpensive because I'm running out of room!!!

      Delete
  4. Turn Cooper into a drug dog, he will make you millions...or maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike. Although I don't think I have seen a poodle for a drug dog! Hahahahahah He would lick the bad guys to death.

      Delete
  5. Oh that Cooper is adorable!!
    Clemson does that too, he had Bill and i crawling on the floor looking for something under the couch. Lifting the heavy couch is no easy feat. We still don't know what he smelled. They are so smart with crazy intense senses.
    I love those chickens, Bill, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Bill doesn't like chicken? Well they did have baby back ribs already cooked and in containers. I don't know the cost however.

      Delete
  6. I am guessing that Cooper was thinking seriously woman you need to believe me I know what I know...lol
    Those chickens are a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? He was pretty persistent, which tells me something is there. He's always correct too! I mean if he says it's there, IT'S THERE.L

      Delete
  7. My Cassie looks just like Cooper except she has a Bichon tail. For years, I would throw Pig off the bed and Cassie would go get it and bring him back to me. Now she brings Pig and throws him off the bed and says you go get him. Sam in the Ozarks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's funny!!! Cooper has done that too. He sits on the couch, rolls it off, then barks until I go get it and toss it back to him. How smart are these little kids??

      Delete