Thursday, March 28, 2024

Wrong Number .....

It was a catch up day.  I tried to catch up on sleep and rest, but it's so hard for me to keep still.  I spent a couple of hours going through more paperwork and making notes.  I know there is absolutely no way I will remember any of this important stuff for budgeting next year.  Since I haven't actually been trained in anything ... you just have to pick it up by osmosis ... I'm dragging the other two trustees into the melee, even though they are kicking and screaming.  Somebody younger needs to know this stuff!!

I tried to soak up a little sun, but as you can see, there was little to be found.  There was some screaming coming from the sky which caught my attention.  Two hawks were gliding in and out of the clouds with some kind of bird dive bombing them from above.  At one point two of them headed straight for the ground with a SWOOSH like I've never heard before.  After a few more rounds, the hawks left, as did the sun, but I got this one picture just in time.  


I had one more box of Hello Fresh to prepare, so I went right to work at lunch.  This is some weird kind of fish whose name escapes me.  Basa??  Or something like that.  Again with the roasted vegetables, but blackened broccoli is not my thing.  I microwaved it instead.

The sauce was green onions gently fried in butter until the butter turned brown.


Yeah, that didn't turn out so well for me.  I turned my back for two seconds and they turned black as coal.  Believe it or not, they didn't really TASTE all the bad, so I tossed them on the fish and potatoes.  All in all it was okay ... but it sure could have been better. 

For the next ten minutes, I had fun with a spam caller.  I answered FBI Field Office and asked how he got this number.  He said NO WAY ... but I think I had him convinced.  He refused to give me his phone number or his name, so I told him it didn't matter.  I already had him on the phone long enough to capture his exact location ... that he would be having company in about 15 minutes.  He hung up on me.  I love it when that happens.


Being short some necessities like eggs and cream, I placed an order for pickup at Walmart.  As much as I don't like Walmart, I have to give it up to them for keeping their prices reasonable.  Eggs at Save Mart $7.98 for 18.  Eggs at Walmart $3.98 for 18.  I mean really ... you just can't beat it.

So I placed my order on my phone app and waited for their confirming text message.  WAIT ... what did I just see?  A zip code of 81176?  Where is that??  Panic set in.  I just placed an order to be picked up somewhere in Arizona that I've never been.  How did THAT happen?

Frantically I called every Walmart I could find a number for.  I expected to have to donate the food to the operator because there was no way I was going to pick it up.  It took an hour, but they actually cancelled the order.  WOW ... I was pretty surprised.

Back to the app, I reordered everything again, making triple sure this time it was going to the right store.  While I waited, I happened to knock the blankets off my saddle.  Shock set in.  The fenders were completely covered with mold.  How could that be?  It's been inside the house!

That brought about a flurry of hard work.  I took it outside, washed it down and cleaned it up.  My timing was at least good because the sun came out just enough to dry it.  She's back to pretty again.


That's when I remembered the gutter.  This is the only one on the house where you have to set up the ladder in nice soft muddy dirt.  Oh look ... my flowers are blooming!  Even the Easter Lillies just in time for Easter.

I may just have to get gutter guards for this section.  It was full of leaves from the neighbor's tree.  I'll finish it up today since I had to run off to Walmart for the groceries.


Yes I'm still coughing.  I took a Benadryl last night and the morning cough has subsided a bit.  It rained most of the night, making weird noises by my bedroom window, a kind of knocking sound.  It even kept Cooper up, so I guess that will be today's exploration.  

I'll show you the results of the grocery run tomorrow.  It's one of my favorite dishes!!  


20 comments:

  1. That thar saddle looks mighty pretty little lady!
    You amaze me you are so talented. Becareful on that ladder kiddo!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Climbing ladders is good exercise, especially when you have to go up and down ten times!

      Delete
  2. That saddle is beautiful! Your food looks delicious even though I'm not a fish eater, except a tuna sandwich. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of fish either, unless it's Halibut from Alaska!

      Delete
  3. I had the same thing happen with a refill of drugs at Walgreens and it defaulted to Citrus Heights. But it was the Doctor who sent it to the wrong place, not me...but it took two days to get it all worked out correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep Cooper on a SHORT LEASH with hawks,owls around.
    Small,white dogs look like tasty rabbits for birds of prey.
    I had steamed broccoli for lunch yesterday! (add butter)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooper never gets to go outside without me. Too many critters around here!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Elva ... it's my show saddle, handmade by a local saddlemaker.

      Delete
  6. The reason your Saddle started to mold was all the rain that fell while you were in Arizona. Next year, bring it with you or leave it in a room with a working Dehumidifier.
    Had a similar problem, with the Bank sent our new cards home while we needed them in Arizona.
    Your meal looked tasty.
    Be Safe on that ladder and Enjoy the results.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moisture will sure get to a saddle, but I thought in the house it would be fine. I was wrong!

      Delete
  7. I so get finding it hard to stay still but for a different reason, if I don't make notes I will forget, hell I even have to jot down my comment on a note pad or I will forget what I was going to say.
    Not much sun round here yesterday very overcast but that's fine. Never seen a hawk.
    Damn it is fun to mess with scammers.
    Good thing they cancelled the order also nice saddle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same Jo-Anne ... notes everywhere around my house!

      Delete
  8. I had a bad cough a couple weeks ago and the doc gave me my Rx for it. Which didn't really work. Wife suggested Coricidin gel caps that she had on hand -- the ones marked for Cough and Congestion -- and that worked quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ... I'm heading to the store today ... I'll see about getting some of that.

      Delete
  9. Loved your game with the telemarketer :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to mess with them, since they are totally invading MY space!!

      Delete
  10. Now that sounds like you had fun with a telemarketer...lol Recently I had a call from my own number...lol
    I have found Walmart curbside pretty customer friendly and I do like it when I just do not feel like shopping. Nice Saddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes ... my number too. They aren't very smart to think we believe that.

      Delete