Thursday, March 21, 2024

Sicko One Again

 Well .... let's start this day off with some good news.  In the next eight days, it's going to rain SIX days.   So much for soaking up some vitamin D to help with this crazy cough/flu crapola.  Here I was thinking it was all the pollen floating around in the air from the last big wind.

Nope ... I'm sick once again.  Not as bad as last time since I'm not nearly as exhausted, but the cough is lung wracking.  It's one of those you can't help yourself ... that tickle in your throat just screams COUGH! You can feel it down to your toes.  

The only exciting thing that happened all day long (because I spent it laying on the couch) was the addition to my larder of another Hello Fresh box.  To be honest, these boxes of food are cheaper than going to the grocery store.  I stopped in at Save Mart for a few staples and came out $150 poorer.  There wasn't even anything I could make a meal out of.  


Here's what's in the insulated box, all packed in green frozen blocks.  Each meals ingredients come in a separate brown paper bag.  The meat is always in vacuum sealed packages BETWEEN the ice blocks to keep it cold.  

One of the things I got when I signed up was free breakfast for life.  There is also waffles with apples and a homemade sauce from honey and jam.  It should be quite tasty ... not that I'm the least bit hungry.  This cold flu stuff takes your appetite away completely.  I will get eight meals out of this $45 box of food.


Though I really wanted to just stay home, I was able to get the two Trustees to show up for more budget stuff, so I went ahead and drove to town.  After an hour of discussions, we finished up the budget ... which now will go to the bookkeeper to input.  There's no telling how it will come out in the end, hopefully not too far off!!

It is interesting to note our minimum wage is now $16.00.  We have had to lay off people because we cannot afford it.  Some, if not ALL, fast food restaurants now have to pay $20.00 an hour.  Can someone explain to me why a high school student needs $20.00 an hour?  Are they buying a big house?  Taking care of six kids?  Do they have loads of bills to pay? 

 I have no doubt you will no longer receive service from humans.  Robots ... made in China ... will be taking orders, giving you change and cooking all the food.  That means even MORE people will be out of jobs!  So how is this supposed to be better????

I hit the door running.  When I got outside, this weird sunset caught my eye.  I got home and crashed on the couch.


Yes there is a lodge meeting tonight, but I'm not going.  My plan is short and simple.  Lay on the couch all day watching Rodeo.  Hopefully I have something a little more interesting to write about tomorrow!!

Cough Cough ... COUGH!!!!!





20 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Doris from Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you to get well soon.
    Rest kiddo!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try some honey to sooth the throat. Feel better soon.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. See a doctor. You could have a lung infection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see more fast food places using the screens or and/or an app to place your order. The only thing a person at the counter does is collect money if paying in cash and placing orders at a pickup point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there will be more and more of that kind of service.

      Delete
  6. Yes, but you just have to remember … the 1 The guy that programs that robot needs $165,000 a year With a $300,000 a year severance package

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Is that why fast food is costing so much?

      Delete
  7. At 17 years old, I was Head Cook of the Steakhouse I worked at working 30 hours per week (couldn't work 40 hours until I was out of school) and they paid me either $90 a week or $100 a week. 14 years later I quit to go to college, leading to my Library Career....I was General Manager and making $35,000 a year when I quit. "IF" I was paid $20 per hour, at 30 hours a week, for 52 weeks a year...that's $31,000 per year for a 17 year old High School Student. I just can't understand California's stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Although it seems now their plan is to fire all those kids and give those jobs to illegals. It's terrible what's going on in our country.

      Delete
  8. We are almost home. I'm glad we hit that window of perfect weather. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well ๐Ÿ˜”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for you Elva. I love it when the weather cooperates.

      Delete
  9. Maybe a round of antibiotics would help if
    you have some infection.
    You still have that fun sense of humor, so fun for
    us ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ
    Linda a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably a good idea Linda!! If I don't laugh, I'll be crying!! LOL

      Delete