Sunday, March 3, 2024

Cancel The Ark

 The weather forecasters cried wolf again.  Makes you wonder what would happen if it really DID rain like they say.  This was the projected rainfall.  My area was 1-1.5 inches.  I'm guessing we got less than half an inch.  No 45-60 mph winds (though there was some in the mountains), no tornados and snowmagedden didn't happen.  In Colorado and the Dakotas, they wouldn't even require chains on their vehicles for this storm.  Here they closed the roads.


This was the morning view, which didn't change much all day long.  I think it actually only rained here for maybe 2 hours total in a 24 hour period.


I guess it's good to be prepared, but is it necessary to put everyone into a panic?  There is one big problem, and that of course is PG&E.  Their ancient lines and equipment are breaking right and left so people don't have power in the mountain areas.  Prepare for higher rates to pay for the repair of all that.  

So here's my question.  The more solar they insist users install, the less money they will collect, right?  How will they make all those repairs with less money?

Here's what it looks like now.  Those red markers are located at places where I check the weather if I'm traveling.


Here's what it looked like at my house most of the day.  Yes I too wish half of California, including the part where the governor lives, would fall off into the ocean, but alas, it doesn't appear that is going to happen any time soon.  We can cancel the Ark order.


Here's my sweet kid as we play the ball game at 5:00 am.  There is no reprieve when it comes to play time.  He is so funny ... as he has aged, he has become quite the talker and more of a snuggle bunny.  


Once that was done it was MAPLE SYRUP time!  My apologies to the Canadians about their screwy screwdrivers ... but their maple syrup is AMAZING!!  No I didn't eat it all.  There's just no way to make fewer pancakes even when I halve the recipe.  I'm pretty sure however that all that syrup on the plate magically disappeared.  Thank you again Patsy and Bill!!!!!


I was very happy to find upon my return that the foxy family was still hanging out.  Actually two new kitty kitties wandered into the back yard first, each taking a few bites of chicken.  Then this guy showed up.  I never give them anything they wouldn't normally eat, but if I have leftover chicken that Mr. Gourmet Palette Cooper won't eat, I leave it for these guys.


On the rare occasion I have raw eggs that are past dated, I'll put them out too.  There are now four fox ... foxes(?) and three wild kitties.  My what big ears you have!!  The better to hear those big dogs next door!


I worked on one quilt the rest of the day.  It's a King size and has to be manhandled.  Oh my aching back.  I still have one more round of border before it's done.  Maybe I'll finished it today if I'm lucky.

Dinner was awesome, but I'll leave that to tomorrow.  According to the weather predictions, I need to drag out my rowboat and find some paddles.  This will be the last day of humongous storms heading our way.




10 comments:

  1. Seeing those foxes is so cool. Although they eat rabbits, squirrels and birds if they can catch them, they also eat quite a few insects as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw one snag a spider running across the sidewalk. Eeewwwwww!!!

      Delete
  2. Those foxes are so cute.
    Supposed to be clear skies here today...we shall see!
    Pancakes look yummy.
    Have a nice Sunday!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for no rain!!! I would like some sun please!

      Delete
  3. Here in the SoCal mountains is where we need the
    Ark. We had over 6 inches in a 24 hour period and our lake is overflowing with very strong winds. A good old fashioned winter storm without snow which we locals are happy about.
    It is difficult manhandling a king size quilt to add borders, been there, done that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember it being like this a lot in my younger years. Maybe the drought is over for awhile. Every time I make one of these big quilts, I SWEAR I'll never do it again!

      Delete
  4. This morning we had what I call a 'typical Florida rainstorm'. In just over an hour we had .8" of rain fall, most of it falling in 15-18 minutes. Some wonderful Thunder Claps too, if you want to hear Thunder at 6 am instead of hearing your own snoring! lol

    Like COVID, where they scared a very large percent of humanity, once people realize they were duped, it becomes like the little boy who says there is a leak in the dam when there isn't. NOW, I think COVID vaccinations is down to around 15% of the population. So if the weather people keep yelling "There is a hole in the dam...", somewhere down the line when it really is an emergency people will shrug it off, and we will have a disaster on our hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my thinking. Some older folks up in the mountains here were actually scared to death and are having a hard time recovering, even though they had no snow. Sad how our news stations have come to this, just to get ratings.

      Delete
  5. We've had more than our share of wind the last few days and it's cold! Enough snow to make it pretty but melt away during the day. Grandson made it over on highway 50, but 80 has been shut down the last 2 1/2 days! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strong winds make for blizzards where you can't see, I get that ... but closing down the highway and even Yosemite National Park because they THINK it might be snowing a lot, is crazy. Do they do that back East?

      Delete