Saturday, March 23, 2024

My Couch Is Safe

 I'm still alive, which is a good thing, until you get that racking cough that makes you think your head is going to explode any second.  I would dare say I'm a little bit better, not nearly so exhausted this time around, but I don't want to jinx it.  

Thank you so much for all your well wishes.  It helps a lot when you are down in the dumps feeling like you got dumped on!!  

Still coughing?  Yes  Still miserable?  Kinda  Mostly because I'm missing out on all the activities I could be attending.  Yesterday and again today, my friend asked me to check out the Back Country Horsemen gathering.  They specialize in packing horses and mules and clearing all those hiking trails folks love to follow on foot.  Mostly I just sulked all day about missing it since it only happens once a year.

This morning when Cooper and I made our way outside, we were greeted by the moon peaking out behind the clouds.  You're going to love this one.  It's the WORM moon.  It's the time when the soil supposedly warms up, bringing the worms to the top so birds and other critters can have a nice meal.


That's what I thought I would have ... a nice meal.  Here's the FREE breakfast I chose this week.  WOW ... these waffles are over an inch thick and six inches across.  Definitely four meals for me here!


Yup ... I chose badly.  I chose to smother it in Canadian Maple Syrup and butter instead of the healthy peanut butter apple recipe.  Boy was I surprised when I took that first big bite!  YIKES!!  It's almost pure sugar.  Apparently they doused the waffle in brown sugar.  I got so much sweet in that first bite, it almost had me vacuuming the house.  Next time I'll hold the syrup since I've got three more to eat.


Nancy was a good girl and didn't over do it, even though she felt better and wasn't coughing too much.  I'm happy to say my couch is safe since I sat on it all day.  I watched Road to the Horse again as one guy was years ahead of the other two.  He won the Wildcat round and went on to the main competition.  That's where it all went south.

While talking bad about how distracted and hard to work with the FILLIES (the girls) were, they discovered the colts (the boys) were even worse.  The Wildcat winner came in last in the first round.  Ouch!!  In an effort to heal up a little bit more, I'll be on the couch watching round two today.

I really tried to be good and rest, my least favorite thing to do.  I even laid out in the sun for an hour, soaking up all the vitamin D I possibly could.  Not that it matters, because I take plenty of it, but it did feel pretty good to be warmed up by the sun.


Not that I'm counting, but it's been 41 days since this sicky nonsense began.  Tonight is the installation and dinner at the Elks Lodge.  I'm hoping to feel good enough to make the 30 minute installation before grabbing a clamshell full of food to bring home.  At least I will make an appearance, assuming of course that I'm not coughing my head off.  The world still turns in spite of me holding the couch down.

Here's to better days ahead!



18 comments:

  1. Better days are ahead! Check your mail today or Monday, you just might get a surprise from one of your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing better. I know it's hard for you to sit still but try to try rest and not over do.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying ... but boy is it frustrating to just sit.

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. There is an echo of that cough here in my house. Hubby has had bronchitis for a week. Not fun. Get well soon from the Hart house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That may be what I have ... so much coughing! Hope hubby gets well soon.

      Delete
  4. Do YOU get to select the "free breakfasts", or do they just send whatever they want? You did say you get breakfast for free as long as you continue the food program, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct ... free as long as you keep ordering, even if I skip weeks. Yes, you get to select from what they offer. Once sausage (which I didn't like), once egg bites ... they give you several choices.

      Delete
  5. You've been sick for 41 days? That's terrible! I didn't realize. 😕
    Oh oh, now we might have to have pancakes for supper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not exactly. I was sick, got well but still coughed a little ... then got sick again ... now more coughing.

      Delete
  6. I always keep some Ricola cough drops around. If I get a little coughing spell I take one of them and usually that stops it cold. Doesn't cure it, but stops it from being a gut wrenching coughing spell. Works for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes ... I have an entire BAG of Ricolas ... they help for sure.

      Delete
  7. Coughing sucks back in the 90's I went through a few years when I would cough all the time during winter and nothing helped and it was horrible, then it just stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping this just stops some time soon. Some days it's better ... some nights it's awful!

      Delete
  8. Jerry uses Ricola too. 41 days? Last time I got a flu/bad cold was spring of 2018. Lasted 6 weeks. Hopefully you are getting close to the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so hopefully Elva!! I think this is actually the second time I got it, that's why it seems so long.

      Delete
  9. 41 days is a LONG time. I guess it's out of the question for you to go check with a doc you trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not out of the question, but pretty difficult to do. I'll explain that today.

      Delete