Monday, March 4, 2024

IT'S DONE!!

 I'm sad today.  No part of California that I know of, fell off into the ocean.  Maybe, just maybe that storm dumped enough water in San Francisco to clean up the sidewalks.  Not that I will ever go there again, which is sad, because it used to be a fabulous place to visit.  

So .... I cheered myself up with a nice big cup of chocolate!!  And SUGAR!!  There's actually cocoa underneath all those marshmallows.  Hey, I'm just doing what my mother told me ... waste not, want not.  What else can you do with these sweet little morsels of sugar?


Luckily I don't have to share with Cooper.  What I DO have to do is give him his four little nuggets of Beggin' Strips and a small piece of Pepperoni.  I think that equates to sugar for him.  It was time for the ball game!


It was a relaxing Sunday in the beginning.  I picked up a 3-pack of bacon at Costco a while back ... something I never do.  It's been in the freezer, and I need more space.  I drug out the big air fryer and went to work.  It's actually much less messy to use that than the barbecue.  I'm thinking some bacon cheeseburgers are on the menu for later this week.


Though I really prefer to sit around and watch the Houston Rodeo, I finally installed the last of the toilet guts.  Really folks, these are the cheapest made pieces of thin plastic they could find.  Instead of being on the uprise of manufacturing and quality, we are in the gutter with cheaply made, dare I say crap, from China that will last a few months before you have to go buy it again.

The years of making things to last have ended.  Now they make products that will die in a few short years so you will have to buy it again and again.  My oven in the old ranch house was 45 years old and worked like a charm.  Never had to have it repaired.  My oven here worked for about 5 years and there's not even anyone who can repair it.  A sad commentary for such a once great country.


Okay .... throw away the sad and get on to the laughing at oneself at how many times I can get stuck by pins.  Here it is ... the King sized gorgeous-in-my-eye quilt top that is finally done.  There are FOUR borders on this monster.  Each one had to be divided into quarters and marked with pins, as was the quilt edge, in order to be sure it all matched up and was straight.  

I stuck my legs, my arms, twice on my chin and many MANY times my fingers, manhandling this thing on my lap while seated at the machine.  At long last it is done ... and I don't even have a room with enough floor space to show the whole thing.

Just a note ... when I got this, I thought the fabrics were ugly, didn't match and would not turn out at all.  Boy was I wrong!!  I love it.  This is why I let others pick the fabrics for me.


Since it didn't rain at all on the second day of the huge storm (they even handed out sand bags to everyone), Mr. Cooper and I went for a walk.  He's like a little kid ... he walked through every puddle he could find.  He came back soaking wet, but happy.  And then it was time to cook the second Hello Fresh dinner.

Here's the SHOULD LOOK LIKE picture.  That's a hamburger steak, though they call it meatloaf.  It's meat, onions and garlic powder.  I have to admit, their hamburger is some of the best I've eaten.   Seems I pick the recipes that require roasting.  That's much easier cleanup.


And here's what it DID look like.  They shorted me a bit on the brussel sprouts.  They look yummy, right? Just like the picture ... only turn them over and they are black as can be.  The hamburger topping is onions and sour cream which looks pretty disgusting, but tasted really good.  The potatoes, well you just can't mess up mashed potatoes in my opinion, had sour cream and butter whipped in.  


All in all, it really was a very good meal ... quite tasty.  Especially when you get the ingredients delivered to your door.  I divided the leftovers into 2 meal containers and stuck them in the fridge.  No cooking for TWO MORE DAYS!


My to do list is getting long again, so I suppose I'll have to get out and about today.  Taxes have to be mailed, voting needs to be turned in, screwdrivers have to be found or ordered ... all before gearing up for another fun filled night of Bingo tomorrow!!




24 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks Fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! That quilt looks like a lot of work! Congratulations on getting it done, it is beautiful. Love the "supposed to look like Vs reality" picture of your meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a lot of hours, but wasn't near as hard as that last big one. Those meals? They never look like the picture! LOL

      Delete
  3. You may already have found a source for the Robertson screwdriver(s) you need, but if not try McFeelys.com - they are a great US source of Robertson screws and drivers. A shame Robertson screws are so scarce in the US, since they are (IMHO) far superior to Phillips.
    Cheers,
    Lawrence Talbot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you those screws are hard as heck to get OUT. I will definitely check out McFeelys. So far I haven't found the right size around here. Thank you so much Lawrence!

      Delete
  4. The quilt is gorgeous! Dinner looks pretty yummy along with your bacon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I do love the quilt more every day.

      Delete
  5. Nancy that quilt is absolutely gorgeous!
    I love those colors!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances ... the colors are what made me buy it!!

      Delete
  6. Your quilt is absolutely amazing and as a quilter, I know the time and effort that you put it to make it so stunning. Yes, those borders on a king size quilt are quite the challenge. Don't ask me how I know this. Congratulations on a spectacular finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Those are kind words coming from a quilter!! I think this is the biggest quilt I've ever made.

      Delete
  7. Really like the finished quilt.
    Food pictures for restaurants, processing plants and vendors are all staged. The food is normally cold and the lighting is adjusted for optimal affect. It still looked tasty to me.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the errands.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did some of that photography in a class once. Put the onions on with tweezers so it would look "pretty"!! It was really tasty this one.

      Delete
  8. i stopped over from jim and barbs...to see the quilt, it is gorgeous!! i have been using home fresh for years now and i could not be happier. i get at least 3 meals delivered every week, they also have breakfast and desert. i LOVE it. i use white plates to take my pictures and i feel that really helps to show off the food!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie!!! I've been really surprised at the quality of the food. I've never had a bad meal. White plates ... GREAT idea!!

      Delete
  9. Love mine. I admire them every day.😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big smiles here!! Thank you so much. It's all in the fabrics!!

      Delete
  10. You are a master quilter and your latest quilt is fabulous, but you know that. Hope you will display it somewhere in your house and have visitors to admire it!! Btw, I was suggesting getting a multi tip screwdriver where all three types are in the handle. (My comments never made it yesterday into the blogs, hope this one will.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's weird ... I noticed the same thing about comments I've made. Tom and Barbara sent a link to the same type screwdriver ... it has everything in the handle. I'm going to order all of them and see which one works!

      Delete
  11. New lurker here, from Jim/Barb's as well. I agree with the consensus about the quilt - the colors are gorgeous, love the purple in there. Take a big bow for all the effort you put into it. BTW, I'm going to have to try the bacon in the air fryer thing, it looks perfect! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello!! So nice to meet you!! You can lurk all you want ... I love company!!!

      Delete