Saturday, March 9, 2024

A Very Big Surprise!!

 You know how out of the blue something amazing happens ... something you didn't expect at all?  Sort of like that quilt I sent to Jim and Barb ?  Well it happened to me.  How amazing are blog readers!!  

Brenda Hart, from Kentucky no less, sent a message that she had a little Nikon Coolpix camera, perfect for picture taking when I was on the road.  She reads several of the same blogs I do and just happened on mine.  It just amazes me how you can meet wonderful people you would never otherwise get to know, just by reading blogs.  

So here it is ... the entire setup AND an extra battery.  She wasn't sure it would work since she had not used it recently, but it worked like a charm.  I went around the house taking pictures of everything one-handed. 

 I'm back in business.  I just can't tell you how amazing people can be and how thankful I am!!  Brenda, if I ever get back to Kentucky, I'll drop in and say hello in person!!  I just can't thank you enough.


That surprise got me so excited, I decided to see if I could get these little Canadians to work on those screws.  Robertson bits ... who knew??  I struggled a bit at first ... this is really OLD wood and they were really hard to turn.


At long last, I got them out.  As you can see, the rollers are disintegrating  and most were completely broken off.  


The problem now is that the NEW latches are not the same size nor as tall as the OLD.  Plus, I have to drill new holes because they are not as WIDE either.  Someone said to try magnetic latches.  I'm not sure that's going to work either.  Whatever I use has to be screwed down on the bottom because there's nothing else to attach it to.


Here's the cabinet ... perfect for showing off quilts.  Mostly I've just had fabric stuffed in it, so that all has to be organized also.  I won't show you the stack on the wall that covers the entire window.  It's an addiction I tell you!!


After lunch, I hung outside for awhile.  The nice warm sun finally came out, so I pretended I was Patsy and read for a time.  No, I did NOT put on shorts ... it's not THAT warm!!!


Another one bites the dust.  I finally finished the binding on this quilt.  I looked around the room for space to hang it, but alas, there is no room anywhere.  It will probably end up in that cabinet.  I do love this pattern, so there may be another one soon.  Gee ... only five more bindings to go!


Hello Fresh visited me again, dropping off two meals, each for two people.  That equates to 6 meals for me, at about $7.00 each.  Not too bad ... especially when the food is this good.  I've no idea what it's called, but it has pork and purple slaw with carrots, in a yummy sweet Thai chili sauce, with crispy fried onions ... over rice.  I could eat this every day.  This is of course the SHOULD LOOK LIKE picture.


Yeah, not so great looking.  There wasn't near enough rice, but boy was this a tasty treat.  I would make it again, but would have to buy all those bottles of sauce ... which would lounge in my refrigerator for three years before I threw them out for non-use.  

Why is it not the same color you ask?  At least "I" asked.  I ran it through my Photoshop program and make it the same color as the one above.  AHA ... they enhance those pictures to make it look better!!  Oh ... and this is a BRENDA photo!  That's what I'm calling my Coolpix pics.


Two more servings went in the fridge for today.  YUM!!! 

And so it's Saturday.  As much as I would like to sit on my butt and watch rodeo, I'm going to head out and see if I can find something for those doors, along with some Cooper treats.  He has wiped me out being such a "good boy" lately.  

P.S.  My bestie Patty also gave me a camera ... a Canon Powershot.  Sadly, at this point I still have not been able to get it to work.  I think the battery is toast.  BUT ... it just goes to show you how many wonderful people there are in the world ... who help me with this blog every day.  






14 comments:

  1. So sweet to receive cameras from such wonderful people.
    Your quilt is beautiful!
    I love your fabric display cabinet too.
    Enjoy your day!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to tell you yesterday how PERFECT that quilt was for Barb and Jim's house. As for your cabinet, you might have to replace both parts, the clasp and the thingy the rollers on the clasp latch around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second I saw that quilt, I just knew!! Yes, I agree, I think I will have to come up with some other way to keep those doors closed. My problem is the bottom only has 1/4 inch to hang on to. It was definitely made for those kid of latches.

      Delete
  3. So glad the camera found a new home! Brenda Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Brenda ... It's just so very nice of you to send it to me. Renews my faith in the human race!

      Delete
  4. You have some really awesome people in your life! I look at recipes for Asian food. I see all these sauces I would have to buy and would probably end up throwing them away. So I stick with Panda Express.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have some amazing people in my life and I am ever so thankful. It surprises me every day! I'm with you on the sauces ... Panda Express works for me too! LOL

      Delete
  5. If the Camera is not damaged, you can order New Batteries on E-Bay. Simply type in the Battery Number and they'll pop up. Have purchase a Camera and Lenses that way cheaper than my Camera Body alone at a shop.
    Looks like you'll need more Rice for your meals.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Coolpix is in perfect shape and came with TWO batteries. The Cannon is a problem ... I can't get the battery compartment OPEN. I'll keep trying.

      Delete
  6. Karma? The rewards of paying it forward? Good things coming to good people? All of them apply to both you and Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh ... thank you!!! I have to agree. I've been lucky in my life, so I do like to pay it forward when I can. Sometimes people just surprise you!!!

      Delete
  7. Nancy you do have good karma and happy you have a new camera.
    I enjoy all the quilts that you share with us and my best friend that passed away made me quilts and wall hangings and each quilt she made I see a labor of love and time.
    So it is a treat to see all the quilts that you invest time, energy and love into.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue ... I'm so sorry you lost your quilting friend. I imagine she loved sharing her quilts with you.

      Delete