Friday, March 8, 2024

Sleep? What's THAT?

 You know how sometimes you get up and you really should have just stayed in bed?  Oh yeah ... this was me yesterday morning.  Right out of the box I dropped my bag-o-carrots (or rather Jon's bag-o-carrots) right on the floor.  I called for a do-over ... a Groundhog Day ... but it never happened.


Maybe the kid will pick them up for me.  Unfortunately, Cooper is NOT like Mikey, and carrots are not on his list of edible things.  I tried.  Miss Jessie used to eat them all the time.  I picked them up and washed them off, but no telling what manner of disease is lounging on my floor, especially when I saw the paper towel I wiped the floor with.  I guess mopping is now in order.


It was going to be a  L. O. N. G. day.  I started out sewing binding yet again.  All those quilts I prepared for sewing when I was gone?  Not a single one of them was touched.  I was either too sick or too busy.  They are now stacked up on the kitchen counter to remind me I need to sew faster.  The good thing about that is I get to watch lots of Rodeo action at the same time.


When the doorbell rang, well not really the doorbell because Amazon never rings the bell ... it was my Mr. Cooper doorbell ... I made a beeline to open it.  I was expecting two things.  Here's my set of Robertson SQUARE drill bits.  I'm going to get those door hinges out one way or another.  The good news ... they were really cheap and I now have every size.  Hopefully they don't break.  If I want to use them by hand, I even have a screwdriver adapter.  Woohoo!!!


And then there was THIS.  I was talking to my horsey friends who have had horses with the same problem as I do with my back.  They said this stuff has done wonders for them and I should try it.  Why not ... can't hurt I guess, though I admit, I did buy the HUMAN version.  This stuff isn't cheap ... I may have to switch to the HORSE version.


I removed the lid.  You should have heard the words that came out of my mouth!!  Good grief!  THESE ARE HORSE PILLS!!  How in the world can I be expected to swallow not one, but TWO of these?  I'm thinking I can smash it with a hammer and spread it on my morning English muffin ... you know, the same way I disguise pills for my horses.  Maybe this wasn't a good idea after all.


In no time I headed on off to the Elks Lodge Initiation Night.  Sometimes they combine two "events" into one.  This was also Old Timers Night ... where we give out very nice pins to long time members.  You're not going to believe this, but we have a gentleman who has been a member of this lodge for 75 years.  Yessirree ... that means he's at least 93.  

I want to drink what he's drinking.  He looks 60 and is sharp as a tack.  No pictures because I was too busy taking dinner tickets.  We fed 235 people New York Steaks with baked potatoes, fresh green beans, salad, rolls and dessert.  


Too bad we had to go upstairs afterwards for the initiation, because after dinner, I was ready to go home.  We had another 23 people join our lodge.  Right now we are up to 1640 members.  I attribute that entirely to our patriotism and good food.  

Finally back home, I settled in for a long night's sleep.  Not really.  Some nights are like those carrots all over the floor.  It was late ... my back hurt ... and visions of budgets ran through my head.  It's that time of year where the Trustees have to do the budgeting for the next year.  Two are leaving, which leaves only three of us to do the work, two of whom are brand spanking new.  Won't this be fun.

I finally fell asleep for an hour, only to be awaked by what sounded like a small caliber gunshot to my windows.  Cooper jumped up like a rocket.  WHAT THE HECK?  I waited for the alarm to go off, but there was nothing.  It took me 30 minutes to figure out it was the window covering falling to the floor and hitting the window shade on the door.  

Okay, don't laugh ... that window covering is a heavy piece of RV insulation to keep the patio light from blinding me at night.  It was hung up with duct tape.  I thought that stuff was supposed to last forever!  Apparently it doesn't stick well to windows.  I was up another hour trying to calm down, when the budget blues came back in spades.  Please PLEASE just let me go to sleep!!

The last number I saw was 5:00 ... I was wide awake at 6:00.  Sleep is highly overrated.  In the hopes of gaining some of that THIS night, I'll be working on the budget by myself so I don't fuss over it any more.  

Tomorrow I have some fabulous news, but I have to ask permission first.  I'm sending good thoughts of sunshine to everyone today!!







22 comments:

  1. Nancy that Glucosamine works. Made a believer out of me!
    Hope you can rest a bit today.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? Well that gives me hope. I'll keep taking it.

      Delete
  2. Zoey love carrots. Dakota, not so much. Although she does take glucosamine and it really seems to help her joints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooper used to eat them, but only so Jessie couldn't steal it. LOL

      Delete
  3. That is a good tip about the Glucosamine, but the size of it :-( Don't choke on it, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm cutting them up in pieces so it's easier to get down.

      Delete
  4. I have some of that Reflectix on two of our windows which are about 30" wide and 5' long that does not open to let air in. I tried two different tapes to try and keep it up, but it kept falling down...until squeezed a few finger-sized pieces of aluminum foil between it and the window frame to hold it tight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try anything to block the light. I actually used to use only foil and it stayed up pretty well. I'll keep trying.

      Delete
  5. Those pills...wow. Get a pill cutter and cut them in half.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they something? I cut them in half TWICE!!

      Delete
  6. The pill made me think of my dad and how he called large pills horse pills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the ranch the cattle AND horses got pills for worms. They were huge ... thus the name I use for big pills. I'm cutting these down to size.

      Delete
  7. Those G&C will help with Arthritic Pains but won't help you sleep. Take one tablet at breakfast and the other at supper so you don't get an upset stomach. Try ZzzQuil or Melatonin to help you sleep.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking them after a meal, so hopefully I'll be okay.

      Delete
  8. I can swallow huge pills. Here's how I do it: place the pill on the inside of my lower front teeth. Take a drink. I don't even notice the pill going down; it just happens automatically.

    Yes, I took G&C pills before I had my knee replacements. They do help.
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its good to know it works ... of course I would like instant gratification! LOL

      Delete
  9. Gorilla Tape should work. don't blame me when you try an remove it and it pulls the glass out of the frame .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh ... that doesn't sound good. I'm going to have to get creative

      Delete
  10. I thought those were Cheetos!! I'll bet Cooper would have eaten Cheetos. (Judith K. here. Google wouldn't let me do my usual sign in. Don't know why.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, that's exactly what I thought when I went to take the picture! Google is changing it up again Judith!!

      Delete
  11. I hope the pulls work did you. Bill tried them a few years ago and didn't notice any change. His was arm and hand ache so good luck!
    But cut them in half. They're huge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how they can work so great for some people, and not so much for others. My problem is I'm not a pill taker, so I'm not sure how long this will go on.

      Delete