Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Noisy Kids In The House

 I'm in total shock.  I actually slept in until 5:30.  I must be sick.  To make it even better, I didn't have ANY nightmares.  It's going to be a good Bingo Night!!

Yesterday started out pretty nice with a little sun and a tad bit of warm.  Not that warm because I'm still wearing two shirts every day.  It didn't last long however, as rain began to fall yet again.  It's truly like the days of yore when we could grow a few fields of hay without having to irrigate.  


That's when I got the message loud and clear.  Hear the growly sounds?  I get that all day long.  He's become quite the talkative kid.  In this case, he had to wait for his breakfast to be cooked ... a hamburger patty supreme.  He doesn't get much of it .. just enough to prime the pump so he will eat his dry kibble.


I still had stuff in the rig to unload ... I don't know how that can be.  Over time it just grows I guess.  I put the wheel covers on to keep the sun off the tires.  These haven't lasted long at all and I need new ones.  Anyone know if old blankets would work just as well?  Oh wait ... not waterproof.  Does anyone else use these?


While rummaging in the tiny storage spaces, I found my Guardline alarm system.  It worked really well in Arizona.  It sets off an alarm inside if anyone walks by OUTSIDE.  I had to scrounge around in garage boxes before I found all the parts and pieces.  

After installing the perimeter detectors, I found out I could change the sound it makes to a siren.  Perfect!! It scared Cooper and Jonathan, but worked just fine.


That brought on a little snuggling for the OTHER kid in the house.  You can't leave him on your shoulder very long because he pulls your hair out.  It's weird that a bird likes to snuggle up.


That brought about THIS!  He went on and on for the entire day.  Dis ... disco ... kitty kitty ... ALL DAY LONG!  It must be spring!!


I still don't have door closures for the cabinet, but it's getting full.  Large pieces of backing are on the top, the rest are quilts I've made.  It will be completely full by the time I'm done, and a much better storage place, out of the dust and sun.


At last, it was time to start dinner.  Here comes another one.  Truly, all the ingredients are packaged very nicely between two big bricks of ice and lots of insulation.  So far all of the meals have taken less than 30 minutes to cook ... which is good for me.


Don't ask me why I picked this meal ... I don't REMEMBER picking this meal ... and I WON'T be picking this meal ever again.  This is the SHOULD LOOK LIKE .....


This is the DID LOOK LIKE.  They must have put those green onions on with tweezers.  I actually cut the chicken in half ... it was bigger this time and too much for me to eat.  They definitely should have left out the hot chili powder.  Woohoo!!!  

The carrots have lemon zest on them, which you can't even begin to taste.  The white stuff ... couscous I think they called it ... was completely tasteless, even with the garlic butter.  This is also a small plate because the serving size is just too big.  Mmmmm yeah it's a big NO from me.  I think this is the first time that's ever happened.  Maybe it was the sour cream on the chicken that held the breading on.  


Hopefully I made better choices with the next batch!!  I'm only doing this every OTHER week, but must have gotten my dates wrong.  Another box will arrive tomorrow.

And GUESS WHAT ... it's BINGO NIGHT AGAIN!!!








16 comments:

  1. Hope the night goes well for you. Just can't believe how old Jonathan is...acts like such a kid sometimes. I have never covered my tires frankly because we put enough miles on the tires that I don't have to worry about tire rot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably don't really have to cover mine either ... it's just an extra precaution I guess.

      Delete
  2. We used those tire covers before they really help but your right they don't last long.
    Have a good Bingo night!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had ones on my Class A that lasted 10 years. These didn't make it past two. I'm betting they were made in China!!

      Delete
  3. Of course Jonathan needs to cuddle, just like your other kid. BTW what is the brand name of your new electric heater? Ours just gave up the ghost :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreo Space Heater (with remote) from Amazon. Seems to work great and even has a timer you can set.

      Delete
  4. Truthfully I like the looks of your plate better than the "should look like picture ".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elva, you are so sweet! Now that I compare them side by side, I have to agree! It just wasn't all that tasty.

      Delete
  5. Just dropped by to say hi, I couldn't read it as I have a headache but I did like looking at the photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jo-Anne ... I hope you feel better today. I'll be sending you good thoughts an prayers.

      Delete
  6. Most prepackaged food pictures are stagged and done with cold food. Hope your tastes improve.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Bingo!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true ... and highly enhanced by computers! I won't order that one again!

      Delete
  7. Will the critters around your place set off the alarms as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the critters around here were that tall, I'd be scared. Yes they would set it off (even bushes if they move enough in the wind), but I put it about three foot high so it won't go off due to kitties or foxes.

      Delete
  8. Those meals don't even look like the same thing! We tried Hello Fresh once, a gift, and didn't quite get the whole concept. At least not for us. For one person, I'm thinking it would be better. Love the insistent man of the house and Jonathan sitting on your shoulder is so cute!
    I LOVE that cabinet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I like about the meals is I can get them every day, or every week or just once a month. You can skip days and weeks at a time, and you can have it delivered anywhere you are. It really is a nice cabinet ... but it takes four men and two boys to move it. The thing weighs a ton!

      Delete