Friday, March 22, 2024

Stock In Kleenex

 Well ... well well well ..... a really deep subject on this day.  Low temperature overnight 56.  High today 76.  Perfect weather to be sick, yes?  The good news is the 50% chance of rain this morning, so I don't feel     QUITE as bad that I'm sitting on the couch all day.

I'm taking out stock in Kleenex because I think I've gone through two boxes so far.

The sad part ... I was invited to the Back Country Horsemen gathering today for some training classes.  I guess that's not going to happen, though I do feel better ... not coughing as much ... I just don't feel up to it.

More good news ... I have no fever, so I'm guessing it's not an infection ... but who knows.  I also check my oxygen levels just for fun, and it's at 98-99%, so there's that.

I spent all day on the couch.  You can imagine how hard that is for me to just sit and vegetate.  I was a tad bit lucky since the Road To The Horse competition was on.  You couldn't get any more up my alley than this.

They chose three guys ... all men this time ... to take a colt provided by a big name ranch and break it not only to ride, but to go through crazy obstacles, in only two days.  This year they decided to add one more person with a wild card round, which is what I got to watch.  


These fillies have never been handled before at all.  It's also interesting to see the difference between fillies and colts.  Colts just do their thing ... but fillies ... they don't want to be away from the herd, so it's harder to get their attention to do what you are asking of them.  

So that's it ... that was my entire day.  Oh I did do one very exciting load of laundry when I discovered after five years that I could set that thing up the way I wanted instead of using their pre-programmed settings.  I mean really ... the excitement ... the euphoria!!!

I'm not coughing as much as I was, but I'm tired, and so another rousing day on the couch is in my future.  Maybe, just maybe if I'm a good girl, I will feel good enough to go to the Elks Installation dinner tomorrow that I paid $30.00 for.  In 14 years, I've never gone because I was in Arizona.  Now I'm finally here and I'm a sicko!!  RATS!!

Here's to better days ... SOON!!






20 comments:

  1. Judging from when i had this “thing,” you might want to invest in Kleenex for future possibilities. Drat it! There are too many of these kinds of non-epidemics. (I say non because the news ignores them anymore. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this is the last of its kind for this year.

      Delete
  2. 8+ weeks in, I still cough intermittently. The frustrating part is not getting enough sleep from coughing all night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah ... you have it ... prepare for a resurgence.

      Delete
  3. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Rest is best.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances ... I've become excellent at couch potatoing!

      Delete
  4. Feel better soon Nancy and try to rest . Tell Cooper it is a rest day !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually worked for most of the day! He's been pretty good about not bothering me.

      Delete
  5. We use to call that a "Family Cold", passed from person to person and back to you again. Are you SURE you live alone??? (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watch the Mens NCAA basketball games! Glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do that Norm ... anything to keep me sidetracked!

      Delete
  7. Interesting weather forecast. We are looking at a high of 66. I hate that "tiredness" that comes with sickness. But rest is what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking your advice Elva. I really don't want to get this stuff again.

      Delete
  8. Bad weather and feeling ill often go hand in hand for me oh and being tired is something I know and feel far to well and often

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo-Anne I can't even imagine. Hoping you have a good day today!

      Delete
  9. Sorry to hear you caught something and are still suffering with this cough. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow to enjoy that dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene ... it's more frustrating than ever.

      Delete
  10. Yes. Here's hoping you feel better soon! I know too many people who have been sick with respiratory stuff lately, just feeling punk and for a quite a while. Keep taking it easy even though it is tiresome.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiresome ... you described it perfectly Judith.

      Delete