Wednesday, March 20, 2024

There Was A Farmer Had A Dog .....

 and BINGO was his name-o,    B-I-N-G-O,    B-I-N-G-O,    B-I-N-G-O and BINGO was his name-o.  Anyone remember that awful bus-riding song?  Almost as bad as 100 bottles of beer on the wall.  And so here I am at my Bingo station for the night.  But first ...

Let's go over some budget stuff and see what these 99 line items actually ARE, before discussing the current news that every employee now gets 40 hours of sick leave, even if they only work two or three hours a week.  It used to be based on the number of hours they work ... but no more.  It's no wonder so many businesses are closing up shop and putting a huge number of folks out of work.  They think they are helping people, but actually they are getting them all fired.  Why can they not see this?

Here's the first bad news ... my Fairy Godmother who sets all this stuff up is off for four weeks.  The Castle is in an uproar ... well at least "I" am.  Now I have to go in even earlier to set everything up.


I grabbed a couple of Bingo Peasants to help me ... wonderful ladies they are ... and we even got the pull tab bar pulled out and the payout table set up.  All the while, I'm still coughing, a leftover from the old crud.

These are the pull tabs ... the REAL moneymakers at Bingo.  All the money I collect for selling bingo cards is paid back out in jackpots.   These little jewels are then purchased by the players for $1.00 each.  If they buy the right one, they might get $125 or maybe even $250.  I think they come in a box of 1,000 and we usually have 120-130 players a night.  

These are all one dollar winners.  They will buy 100 at a time, then sit and pull off the tab (which is why they are called pull tabs) to uncover their big prize of the day.  This is what makes all the big bucks we donate to charities year round.  One guy bought 100, cashed in $87 and bought 60, before cashing in $32.  You can do the math ... I'm too tired this morning.


__ I-N-G-O, __ I-N-G-O, __ I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-o.  Yeah, that's been going through my head all night.  I thought I would share.

Here is the infamous RED TICKET.  I think I've explained this before.  Everyone gets a red ticket when they buy in.  This is the one they are always fighting about saying I never gave it to them.  Amazingly, a very sweet young peasant girl found this one on the floor and turned it in.  

All night I waited in anticipation of telling them they dropped it.  I'm in shock ... NO ONE came to my table to get another one.  It turned out okay though, because their number was never called anyway.


My Lady in Waiting (the Castle Counter) blasted through 133 peasant purchases, not making a single error.  I knew she would always do a good job.  We worked together for 12 years as bean counters.  She makes my B-I-N-G-O life easy as eating pie.

Speaking of which ... after our fabulous deep fried chicken tenders, I spotted these hiding in the back corner.  Oh yeah ... Costco cupcakes!!  Talk about a sugar rush!  I only ate 1/4.  Not because I'm trying to be so good, but because I can make it last through FOUR meals!!  That's four times the sugar fun!


To our amazement, there were no knock down hair pulling fights on this night.  It seems two of our most problematic peasants stayed home, making it absolutely pleasant for the rest of the crowd.  No pitchforks were spotted.  Well maybe one, okay two.  The first barged into the front of the line, waving her receipt and cards.  I ONLY GOT ONE OF THESE.  

One of the Knights started to hand her another one.  CAN I SEE YOUR RECEIPT PLEASE?  I stopped him in his tracks.  She only bought ONE.  See right here?  There was a very quiet "oh" and off she went.  It happened once again, and this time (against my better judgement) we gave her another one.  She brought it back 15 minutes later saying she found it.  At least she was good enough to do that, if only because it's bad Karma.  You will never win if you steal at a B-I-N-G-O game.

And so ended another lovely night ... with a little more bad news.  I coughed all night long and this morning, I'm sure I have the creeping crud once again.  No doubt it came from the peasant at B-I-N-G-O who literally coughed in my face last week.

So much stuff going on ... budget, employee contracts, officer installation night, lodge night and a weekend long horse show ... and I'm playing sicko again.  BIG SIGH!!!  I hope your week goes better than mine!!


20 comments:

  1. Karmas a b#tch, you should never mess with her, she will get you every time! Hope the crud goes away soon, but sadly I know better. I am on week 8 or 9. It is 98% gone, but that last 2% is very stubborn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have Vicks to rub on your chest and throat and try taking Zinc tablets. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have any. Zinc tablets ... yes. I'll take on this morning Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you are not feeling so good. I hate when people cough and don't cover their mouth!
    Hopefully you can rest today!
    Cupcake looks great!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a COUCH day for me!! Those Costco "muffins" are more like cake to me!!

      Delete
  4. So, "IF" you work 4 hours a week, like a retired person who works 1/2 day a week, and "IF" they work 52 weeks at 4 hours a week, then they work 208 hours a year. BUT they automatically get 40 hours, up front, of sick leave. Since they work 4 hours a week, and if sick, they only use 4 hours of their sick leave. Which mean, instead of working 52 weeks, they only have to work 42 weeks a year and get paid for 52 weeks! ONLY in California...except Oregon, Washington, Nevada will quickly follow, and eventually some idiot in Congress will introduce it as a bill, unless the National Labor Relations Board decides to create a "RULE" that implements this without Congress approval.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it Dave!! And they wonder why people are closing their businesses. I just don't understand how dumb they are.

      Delete
  5. At least Bingo went well, mostly. My daughter buys those meals you do every once and a while our granddaughter has fun putting them together. I could not believe how tasty they were and the amount of food. No one who builds a RV ever RV's is what we have decided or if they do they do not accumulate garbage, own coats, or shoes etc...etc...Plus they have no idea a tank needs to be emptied (Tom had to crawl under a woman's Class C to pull her valve) not to mention the hole he had to make in the wall to actually get at the hot water heater in our 5th wheel....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... that's worse than MY RV. Not only do they not RV, they must have gotten all D's in Engineer School.

      Delete
  6. Wow that you are coughing again. Wow to that cupcake. Wow to Deb's comment about the hot water heater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee, thanks for planting that song in my head. :)
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha Linda ... I didn't want to be alone in my craziness!! LOL

      Delete
  8. Mr. Ed said.
    The real history Is a little vague, but the Scottish used to like to sing it as a drinking song but technically it’s English

    Bingo" (also known as "Bingo Was His Name-O", "There Was a Farmer Had a Dog" or "B-I-N-G-O") is an English language Children’s song and folksong of obscure origin. Additional verses are sung by omitting the first letter sung in the previous verse .

    Lyrics
    The contemporary version generally goes as follows:

    There was a farmer had a dog,
And Bingo was his name-o.
B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O
And Bingo was his name-o.

    

There was a farmer had a dog,
And Bingo was his name-o.
(clap)-I-N-G-O
(clap)-I-N-G-O
(clap)-I-N-G-O
And Bingo was his name-o.



    There was a farmer had a dog,
And Bingo was his name-o.
(clap)-(clap)-N-G-O
(clap)-(clap)-N-G-O
(clap)-(clap)-N-G-O
And Bingo was his name-o.



    There was a farmer had a dog,
And Bingo was his name-o.
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-G-O
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-G-O
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-G-O
And Bingo was his name-o.

    

There was a farmer had a dog,
And Bingo was his name-o.
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-O
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-O
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-O
And Bingo was his name-o.



    There was a farmer had a dog,
And Bingo was his name-o.
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)
And Bingo was his name-o.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup ... that's it. Now you can join the song crowd!! LOL

      Delete
  9. The cupcake looks amazing! I can taste it now LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are like chocolate cake with loads of frosting .. my favorite kind!!

      Delete
  10. Sorry about the coughing, someone's way of making you slow down? Hope Cooper doesn't catch it!! Share the cupcake with him. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering how much I sit on the couch all day long, I'm not sure. I think it was just a rude coughing person!! Seems everyone around here has it.

      Delete