Tuesday, March 5, 2024

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

 It was a little froggy on this morning, much more than you can see here.  It was also VERY froggy last night.  I'll see if I can get a recording.  I haven't heard frogs around here since I moved in so many years ago.  You should hear them now!  On the ranch they were so loud at sunset that it was hard to sleep.  Many times we would go out with a flashlight and come back with frog legs for dinner.  I'm glad to hear them in my back yard again.


It looks like the boys who cry wolf have changed up their forecasting after this last weekends lack of snow and tornados here.  They got lambasted pretty good by people who live in the mountains.  The forecast now is cloudy with a chance of frogs!  

I tried to get up and out early to do some repairs in the back yard, but it's hard when you are nailed to the couch.  If I move, he falls over with a "what do you think you're doing" look!!  It's hard to do that to the sweetest dog ever!


I was finally out the door with my long list in hand.  I just love it when a plan comes together.  VOTE VOTE VOTE everyone.  Remember you get what you vote for, and we've gotten nothing but grief and high prices from this administration.  Over a million people have crossed the border, all of which are getting free housing and medical attention, free phones, free money in their pockets, and all of it is coming out of OUR pockets, while our Veterans get NOTHING.  The price of everything is through the roof!!  We need to change that up and now is the time to do it!!  Let's get a leg up on the November election.  

First stop .. I turned in my ballot.  Don't ask me what this picture is because I'm not sure.  Okay, it's my finger in front of the lens.  This new phone is not the easiest I've ever used.  


Next ... the car wash.  My poor truck has been dirty for six months.  It was so bad, I really didn't think it would come clean with just a car wash.  But wait ... where are all the pretty colors??  You mean I'm not being entertained any more with flashing lights?  It's just a plain old water and soap wash?  $14.00 now, because we have to pay these kids $15.00 an hour.  The wash used to be $6.00.


Just look at this baby!  She's sparkling clean.  Not bad for a 19 year old truck!!


So far I'm cruising right along.  Now for some fuel at $5.00 a gallon.  Remember to VOTE!!  And then I was off to Wally World.  Luckily we have a nice clean store and I don't mind shopping here since their prices are so much lower than anywhere else within 100 miles.  

What a shock to see this!  Fresh baked bread ... baked in house?  Really, my Walmart is now baking bread?  You won't believe this ... it is $1.00 a loaf.  No kidding ... I picked up two.  I don't think I can even make it this cheap myself!  

Is it good?  You bet it's good!  I could have eaten the whole thing but I cut them in half and put it in the freezer.


$100 later (would have been at least $150 anywhere else), I headed to the Post Office.  I had finally finished up all those tax papers to be mailed to my accountant.  It's complicated ... and now has a house sale involved.  I was so excited when I got home to call and tell them it was on the way.

My accountant and I have been best buds for about 40 years.  RATS!!  He asked me for papers I didn't have and didn't include in the packet.  Once I got home, I spent another hour digging through the "dump" box and amazingly found some.  There's another trip to the post office in my future.

All of that happened before lunch.  Can you believe it?  I got everything done (well almost everything) in one fell swoop.  Time for some sustenance.  I used up the last of my old bread for a grilled cheese sandwich.  SO many calories ... I try not to do this too often!


I spent the afternoon trying to organize my fabric collection, to no avail.  The more I try, the worse it gets, so I grabbed a pattern, picked out some fabric and began cutting.  The accuracy required is troublesome.  These pieces had to be cut into 3-3/8 inch squares.  Make a mistake and it throws off the entire quilt.  


Which is why I didn't work at it for very long.  The peanut butter was calling my name.  Patsy sent a recipe to me that sounded pretty good.  I'll report on that later, since you know what day it is.  It's time for some BINGO ... meaning I need a nice long nap before the appointed hour.  Let's see what happens on THIS night.






25 comments:

  1. We picked up a $1 loaf yesterday and it's really good. Going to vote today, sure do need a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sure surprised at the cost Cheryl, AND the taste!

      Delete
  2. I dare ask it: Do the 1,000,000 boarder crossers get to Vote?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local office (and my former Auditor Controller boss) tell me NO ... but I'm sure there are MANY offices across the country that don't really care and will let anyone vote. Maybe not now, but in November.

      Delete
  3. Mr. Ed said Somebody want to teach me how to speak Mexican I could use a dollar or 2
    Voting is great for the presidency or Congress as long as you vote for the one (republican or democrat) that decreases down deficit spending Unfortunately, none of them have.
    But in all actuality, any rational, thinking individual knows that ain’t gonna happen no matter who you vote for. It’s called the electoral College vote … Eliminate it, and let the people do the bidding as in The 2016 peoples vote 65,mil to his 62,mil .. The 2020 People’s vote 81mil to his 74mil
    All I can ask is that the best The republicano do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine if we spent the same way? Let me get out my credit cards!! The good thing about the Electoral College is that San Francisco and L. A. can't run the country like they run their cities, right into a big garbage dump.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You did more in a morning than I do in a week. Hope your get out and vote effort, helps to make changes. I couldn't afford to move to California. And that truck looks great. Would you believe I've never had frog legs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss the days of frog legs...to die for.
    We certainly need help in the administration in this country.
    Your truck looks amazing, you take good care of it.
    Have a good bingo night.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you were out on the ditch banks like I was!! Crayfish were the second choice.

      Delete
  6. 1.7 million in 2021, 2.3 million in 2022, 2.5 million in 2023 and 1 million so far in 2024. Consider this; that number is more than the total population of Vermont, Wyoming, Alaska, North Dakota, Delaware, Montana, Rhode Island and South Dakota combined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me sick just to think about it. There really aren't any jobs since they put most businesses OUT of business during the same time period. So whose dinner table are they sitting at???

      Delete
  7. We vote in two weeks...Marcia voted already...only thing on her ballot was this guy named Trump. As an independent voter I have nothing to vote for. :( (about the only thing I don't like about Florida)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many independent friends who are voting Trump. A good economy, a closed border and maybe no wars going on, are worth the mean tweets and rude behavior any day of the week in my book.

      Delete
    2. But in the Florida Primary, you either vote Republican or Democrat...as an Independent I can't vote Republican (but YOU know what I will be doing in the November election!)

      Delete
  8. Kathy sets up a new Dated Envelope on the desk every year, so any Tax Receipts we get go straight into the Envelope. No hunting for lost paperwork.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Bingo.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it's not the receipts ... it's the forms sent to us from companies reporting income. Some come in January, some come in March, some don't show up at all.

      Delete
  9. Nancy, the quilt you sent to Jim and Barb was simply lovely. Knowing what is required to make a quilt - time and dollars, it was a special gift. Mailed my ballot last week and sincerely hoping for change - every vote counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It just took a little time to make the quilt ... and I have a lot in common with them. It was a fun surprise to spring on them.

      Delete
  10. A friend of Gov Newsom, who owns 17 Panera franchises, and who gave Newsom $100K for his anti-recall fund, objected to the new $20 minimum wage. So they included a clause that if you bake bread on the premises, and it is sold separately and not as a part of another item, your new minimum wage will be $15 and not $20. They thought Panera was the only one that would meet the requirements, but it appears Walmart has joined the party. I think the law also said you had to be baking bread prior to October 2023.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just frosts my already frozen butt. Oh yes, lots of unfair crap going on just for Newsom's buddies and the ridiculously high wages. I didn't know Walmart was involved though. Trouble is, right now they are the only affordable grocery store in 60 miles of my house. I don't know how they can get away with stuff like that.

      Delete
  11. Nancy do you support Trump? Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do ... even with his terrible attitude. If the border was still up, we would have 7 million LESS people that we are supporting with my tax money. We would be supporting American made products instead of importing everything from China and probably wouldn't be sending billions to the Ukraine (which is being used to pay the government retirement programs, among other things) and supporting war. Add to that gas and diesel might just be affordable again, as well as food. Sadly, it will take many many years for this country to recover from the last four years.

      Delete
  12. Bill and I voted on Monday. What a nice experience. They even had candy for people. Can you believe I could have voted again in Arizona? Yes, I'm still getting the mail in ballots. They are not supposed to be forwarded! When we were RVing and I had my mail on a temporary forward, I never got the ballots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our County, they are not allowed to take anyone off the mailed ballot list unless you ask in person. Many ballots are going out to people no longer alive. Makes you wonder who signs and mails those in!

      Delete