Friday, April 30, 2021

More Play Than Work

I'm still running in "fix-it" mode.  It's really too bad they don't build more Condos around here.  I think it would be SO much easier to just call the Super and have things magically repaired.  Especially when it comes to the sprinklers.

Water is cheap .... I have my own well.  Electricity to keep that well pumping is NOT.  I constantly have to waver on the line of watering the lawn enough to keep it semi green, versus the $$$ going out the door.  I had an early appointment yesterday, so I wrote the gardeners a note and left them two new sprinkler heads.

Interestingly enough, the guy at Horizon Sprinklers told me different ones put out more or less water.  I've been going there for 12 years.  No one ever told me this.  So I bought the ones that would put out the most water in the least amount of time.  

SO ... the gardeners hooked up the first one, but didn't put the dirt back in OR adjust where it sprayed.  I'm not kidding ... it must be rocket science to fill in a hole.  On the second repair, they broke the line it screws in to.  Nope ... not kidding there either.

They left ME a note that someone would come fix it "later".  It makes me want to scream, so I tried sewing as a distraction.  That always ends up with me on the floor.  I mean seriously, how could you not want to get down and play when Cooper does this and barks at you?  He likes to be UNDER things (we are completely under the sewing table), or at least roll the B A L L under things.  We aren't allowed to SAY that word, we can only SPELL it.


 Several hours later I looked out the door.  Uh oh ... the guy fixed the sprinklers and even filled in the holes, but never knocked on the door.  I went outside and turned the sprinklers on to see how they work.  OH LOOK!!!  I'm watering the neighbors roses 45 feet away, not to mention their entire driveway!!

Big sigh ... as I tried the second station.  It was doing a great job of keeping MY concrete driveway and walkway wet.  How nice!!  

I grabbed the little screwdriver gizzy that came with the sprinklers and tried to figure out how to adjust them.  In no time, I was just as wet as the driveway.  I was finally able to adjust them ... kinda sorta ... so most of the water went on the grass.  They still need adjusting, but at least they are good for now.

Back to playing under the table for awhile.  Cooper is so zoned in on that ball that he doesn't even look when I call his name six times!!!  Selfies are not in his repertoire.


I spent the next three hours grumbling over this thin fabric for which I have NO pattern.  I only have a quick secretive photo I took at the shop.  There was a little mistake in figuring out how to make it happen, which resulted in the light colors being 2" shorter than the dark.  More grumbling ensued.

I THINK I'm halfway there.  Now to make the second half mirror the first.  Hopefully there won't be as much grumbling on this section.


In other great news, no critters have been sighted in the last couple of days.  YAY!!!  That means I'm free today to wander off downtown in search of those khaki pants I need for the Elks official "wear".  I have no doubt it will be in vain, but at least I can say I tried when they ask why I'm wearing Levis!!!

7 comments:

  1. They're building so many condos in the Reno area! If there's a piece of property anywhere there's new ones being built..You couldn't pay me to live there LOL..Love the quilt! Cooper is just too cute! How could you resist him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't resist Cooper at all ... that's why he's so SPOILED!!
      In the right area I think I could "condo". So much less work!!

      Delete
  2. With Indy we have to spell "DOG PARK" and "LIBRARY" or she goes nuts.

    Have you looked into solar power for the well? There may be tax breaks, not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave for Federal credit.... only if it’s tied into the household grid

      Delete
    2. Solar companies around here go for the throat. Either you pay $15-20,000 up front or you pay what your average PGE bill was for the last three years. Mine is so low because I'm so cheap that they won't hook me up without buying it outright.

      Delete
  3. On the top of the sprinkler head if you turn the screw all the way down you shut it off back to screw off one complete turn and then test your sprinkler one complete turn each time will do it until you get it to where you want it . And you don’t have to get wet.
    But I’m guessing the kid in you was laughing all the time
    Why don’t you get a Solar Well Pump Kit
    For the price you pay for your years water pump electricity you can get the sun to do it for free including water your lawn/flowers Or the next-door neighbors driveway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solar well pump kit? That might work .. I'll ask around. So here's the sprinkler problem .. there are THREE holes in the top where the little screwdriver goes. That's what I was trying to figure out when I got soaked. Maybe I'll try it again.

      Delete