Monday, April 26, 2021

Slow As Molasses

That's how it went this morning as I was trying up upload that video.  I finished my entire cup of coffee before it finally showed on the screen.  Many times my days go like that, and yesterday was a good example.

Have you ever watched that baseball game with the other team up in the 7th inning, hitting home run after home run until the score is something like 117-2?  It's just the longest two hours EVER!!  I started off by scrubbing the shower floor and lower walls.  I didn't get far before my back went kaput and I could barely stand up.  Well that's not good!!!

I'm very diligent about doing my own chiropractic adjustments, which only seem to work when sitting in the old Class A rig in that perfect position so I can reset the bones.  Sadly, no other chair seems to do the trick.  No worries, I'll try both my Jeep and truck.  One of them will hit the reset button for me I'm sure.

In the meantime, I had ribs in the fridge that needed to hit the smoker.  I hobbled all bent over with one pan at a time to get them going.  The heavy iron table keeps the door shut tight since this variety does not have a latch.  


Time went by just like that baseball game.  I spent way too much time on my phone, meaning my bill will increase, along with 35 trips to the fridge.  That resulted in one batch of homemade ice cream.  Just what I need ..... more sugar!!  That's probably why you see the big mess of grease on the ground.  When almost done, I wrap the ribs in foil and return them to the smoker.  

These ribs were rather plump like me, causing all that fat to melt.  Wish I could do that.  Anyhoo, I picked up the package too fast and it all ran out on the ground.  That ought to bring a lot of skunks around, not to mention the fox!!  The dogs went crazy as I shooed them back in the house.


During the long wait for rib perfection, I received one of my orders.  They call this a flying insect screen for the hot water heater exhaust.  For me, it works to keep the wasps OUT of the place best known for catching them on fire.  

Too bad it doesn't fit.  It's WAY too big at 8.5" x 6".  As happens sometimes with Amazon, they gave me a refund and told me to keep it.  Rather than throw it away, if you could use this, let me know and I'll send it to you.  I had them on my other rig and they worked great.  No wasp nests were found.


In the meantime, still waiting, I began the hole digging process to replace the sprinkler head that waters my door and the gardeners did not fix.  I now have a nice hole at my front door, perfect to catch that burglar sneaking around the yard.  Or maybe a skunk!!

At long last the bell rang and the ribs were done.  Two big slabs that I cut into four pieces came off the racks and into eating range.  Too bad for me these do not work well in the aluminum pans.  The cleanup was epic.  

On the other hand, I ate half of this slab in the blink of an eye.  Five hours of tending, testing and tasting for five minutes of eating.  With pork like this, who needs that expensive beef??


I was slow as molasses to retrieve the camera, forgetting it was even out there.  In return, it was slow as molasses uploading this video.  You will see why my first thought was OH NO ... here we go again!  

I could see something black on black walking along the fence.  After much scrutinization, I've determined this is the kitty kitty kind, not the stinky kitty kind.  It's hard to tell, but it's walking away, meaning there's no big skunk tail blowing in the wind.


I've increased the settings to get better pictures, so I will see what saunters by this morning.  I even left a nice piece of turkey lunchmeat as a treat.

NOW ..... it's ribs for breakfast!!!


10 comments:

  1. Now I am going to have to get our ribs out of the freezer...sure looks yummy. I agree, looks like a black cat to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty tasty!! Yup ... second night photo of kitty kitty jumping up and over 7' fence!!

      Delete
  2. Try cutting the ribs before smoking them so they fit in the aluminum pans.
    Have you ever tried an Inversion Table to straighten your back.
    Definitely a Cat.
    Be Safe fixing your back and Enjoy your ribs.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No inversion table but I always wondered about them.

      Delete
  3. Those ribs. Oh my. Delicious. I hope you find a way to fix your back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I cook something and it actually turns out good!!

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm. I can almost smell and taste those ribs. Wonder if i can request they make ribs in our in-house restaurant again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can!! Love the we can eat out again, not that I do much, it's just nice to know the covid police are slacking off.

      Delete
  5. Your ribs look awesome but I'm very sorry about your back. If you can get yourself flat on the floor and put up with a bit of stretching pain.....my yoga moves might help. 😘 Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flat definitely helps with the back. I finally got it back in place. I'm good to go now!!

      Delete