Saturday, April 3, 2021

Having A Killer Time

The best part about owning a smaller trailer is having to make 10 less loads into the house.  Instead of five trips to unload the household fridge, it only took TWO.  There is something to be said for downsizing.  On the other hand, it took three MORE loads to get everything out since I kept forgetting where I stashed stuff.  The routine will get better with time I'm sure.


 I did have one concerning problem on the trip home.  When they fix the freeways, they do NOT fix the overpasses or underpasses.  The crossover is always terribly rough and bounced my trailer pretty good a couple of times.  So for you trailer haulers out there, is it the tires?  The air pressure?  Do I need stiffer springs?   Is this just a normal thing with fifth wheels?  I don't remember having this problem with my horse trailer, but it didn't weigh this much either.

In the meantime, I think I fixed the DMV problem.  Since I don't have the pink slip to mail in stating I sold the vehicle, I went online and muddled through 2500 pages of something akin to horse apples, before finding the one page I needed.  I filled it out, although I didn't really have the exact mileage.  

Since the paperwork said it went to LaMesa in San Diego, that's what I put down, although it never did, because LaMesa Tucson sold it a week later.  I know that because apparently I left some paperwork in with the warranty material and the new owner started calling me!!

Anyway, with that done I figured to do something easy.  Hem those tux pants.  I'm a bell bottom girl from the old days.  Not hippy-ish but cowgirl-ish.  We always wore very long bell bottom Levis to cover our boots, keeping them nice and shiny instead of scratched up by brush.

I don't know what happened to that eye catching trend, but the pants nowadays barely go over my foot, let alone my boots.  What a pain in the butt THIS was!!  Here's what I cut off before the hems went in.  Do they fit?  NO!!  The back edge catches on the back of my heels and doesn't hang right.  Oh well ..........


With that done, I tried on the new Tux shirt.  Amazingly, it fits!!  So why the picture?  Because I spent almost an HOUR trying to iron out the wrinkles.  I don't think I have ironed a shirt in 20 years!!!  This is NOT my idea of a killer time.  I won't be doing that again.  It's off to the dry cleaner for this one!!!


In the afternoon I finally went to check the sprinklers.  I have to admit the yard looks REALLY nice.  The gardeners have been doing a bang up job ... except they cut the wires to my landscape lights.  They promised a fix, but we shall see.  

I have three drip lines cut also, but that's not so hard to fix.  That's when I spotted the three big ant hills.  This is in the same spot where I got bit last year.  Big fire ants these guys .... so I got out my trusty bottle of Amdro (thanks to Dave) and sprinkled a little around.  The ants went nuts over it.  They hauled piece after piece down the hole.  I got quite a bit of satisfaction watching that!!  Now THIS is definitely having a killer time.


This morning there were dead ants piled up outside their door.  Just like McDonalds, I'm lovin' it!!!  Hopefully these guys won't be back for a LONG time!!  My apologies to Doug for killing the ants, but if you've ever been stung by one, you won't care one bit.


This is how I felt at the end of the day.  Miss Jessie has the right idea!!  Sooner or later I will recover from the tension of pulling a new trailer.  


By the way, did I tell you I got a letter from LazyDays telling me I did not qualify for the loan on the trailer?  They said sorry, but my credit report was rejected.  Interesting since I just got a payment book from that exact bank along with a note saying how super great my credit was!!!

I'm down to tortillas and butter, so I guess I'll hit the store today.  Or maybe I'll just snuggle up with Jessie!!

15 comments:

  1. You are more than welcome. Find a spot in that trailer for two bottles of the stuff, one for fire ants, one for sugar ants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love those Levis! Something about hemming pants is no fun for me. I agree about taking that shirt to the dry cleaners, worth the money LOL. Jessie looks adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I STILL love those Levis!! Nowadays they make boot cut, but not bell bottom. Sniff sniff!!

      Delete
  3. I love to see dogs all cuddled up. Looks so comfy. Yes, I would take that shirt to the cleaners too. Tortilla and butter....yum. Too bad you don't have jam! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wait ..... I DO have a small bit of jam left. Thanks Elva!!!!

      Delete
  4. The Levis that you are looking for are called "Boot Pants". They're perfect for wearing Western Boots.
    Glad you got the Fire Ants before they got you. It took six months for my legs to heal.
    Adding Air Bags to your Truck will smooth the ride.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly "boot pants" are still not big enough to fit over boots well. I have a few pair.

      Delete
  5. If those are soft tortillas you can sprinkle the butter with a little cinnamon and sugar for a tasty treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are Linda!! And thank you for my new dessert!! Don't know why I didn't think of that!

      Delete
  6. No I won’t expect you to do it yourself you can always have somebody else do it
    They’ll help dampen the shock to the trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evvnKRD13Fk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Marlene said her hubby just did this. I'll look see if I can find anyone who does that sort of thing around here.

      Delete
  7. Ants, knock on wood, we have been lucky we have not been bit or seen any in here. One of the first thing I look for when we park and Tom has our sprayer with us. I do not miss ironing; I agree send it to the dry cleaners. Jessie looks adorable.
    Happy Easter! 🐇🌷🐣🌼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of them when I was in Yuma this last year. I'm taking Dave's advice and adding a bottle of that stuff to my trailer. Those fire ants are killer if you get bitten.

      Delete
  8. Yeuch, fire ants. I've not been bit so have been fortunate but have seen them around some campsites. Ants - ZERO, Nancy - TEN!
    I, too, loved the bell bottoms and that is even without cowboy boots! Something I miss from our teen years. I used to add a triangle piece down each side and decorate it with ☮ and flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete