Sunday, April 4, 2021

HAPPY EASTER !!

I can't believe another year has gone by so fast.  It's EASTER again.  Sadly, I completely missed Good Friday.  Isn't this little guy cute?  So here's the story, and I'm sticking to it.  Rabbits give birth in the spring to big litters called kittens.  Legend has it that the Easter Bunny lays, decorates and hides eggs as a symbol of new life.  

This all seems to have come from German immigrants whose children made nests for the bunnies to lay their brightly colored eggs in.  Who knew bunnies laid eggs in Germany? 


What I knew yesterday was that when there's nothing in the fridge to eat, you open the door sixteen times thinking maybe you missed something hidden in the back.  Nope ... just that same old bag of Halloween candy.  The good news is I don't like Kit Kats ... but there may be a few Reese's peanut butter cups hiding in the bottom.


Just like the baby bunnies in Arizona, these guys are cute as buttons.  I'm sure all of you grandparents had a great time fixing up that basket of bunny eggs for the kiddos.  I spent most of the day trying to sew 400 inches of binding on to my latest quilt (with my sewing machine) before beginning the hand turning and hand sewing process.  I'm beginning to think that 28 inches of hem on those pants wasn't so bad after all.


I did try to get very creative in the afternoon after seeing Patsy's blog about making an apple crisp for dessert.  I actually stole Jonathan the parrot's last apple, slicing it as thin as I could and smothering it in oats with brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.

This dish is only 4" x 6", so obviously it didn't make a lot, but it was good enough to go with the chicken I scrounged from Cooper's dinner supply of frozen pieces to make mustard glazed chicken.  Nothing like stealing your "kids" food.  I promise this morning I'm going to the store.


A double check of the ant destruction has revealed MORE who have come to clean up the carnage.  You would think they would say OH NO and run away.  Nope ... they are making new holes in the sand.  Guess one round wasn't enough, so I'll be back out there today since I also have to repair two more sprinklers who had their parts separated from the main line.  

 Happy Easter, HE is risen!!




14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Happy East to you both!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter Nancy! Apple Crisp looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! The apple crisp was definitely tasty!! You can thank Patsy!!

      Delete
  3. If you like apples the next time you go to the grocery store or steal Jonathan’s stash you can try this makes a great dessert or supper if you’re in Klein
    2 apples
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    2 teaspoons butter
    Microwave three or four minutes until soft and don’t cheat by putting High calorie ice cream /Melted chocolate /maple syrup on it but then again you didn’t hear that for me but caramel syrup is really good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any mobile auto mechanic that will come to your house can do that in short order it’s very simple
      But first you want to check and make sure that you don’t have an easy fit on your fifth wheel first post a picture

      Delete
    2. Yup that recipe sounds like a keeper!! And much easier to whip up!!! Funny you should mention caramel!!! Not sure I can find a mobile mechanic around here but there may be one up North a tad.

      Delete
  4. Wishing you a Safe and Happy Easter for whatever reason you chose to celebrate.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter! Your apple crisp looks yummy. You can also buy sugar free caramel syrup. :)

    ReplyDelete