Saturday, April 10, 2021

CHICKEN WARS GETS AN "F"

I'm still working on those chicken war advertisements about the BEST chicken sandwich on the planet.    THIS one was the biggest failure EVER.  McDonald's get a BIG FAT "F" on almost all fronts.

At one point Mickey D's had a chicken wrap was pretty tasty.  They should have stuck with that.  Behold the spicy chicken sandwich.   At least so far all their prices are about the same.  $8.97 for this one that was like throwing a $10 bill in the trash.


First off, the fries were cold and needed salt.  That should have been fair warning about what was to come.  I pulled the bun from the chicken and was rewarded with sauce all over my fingers.  I took a taste.  WHAT THE HECK?  That was pretty hot ... instantly hot, not the back of the throat heat that's nice about it.  This just flat burned and tasted TERRIBLE.  I can't even begin to explain the flavor.  Vaseline came to mind.


The tiny 2-1/2 inch piece of chicken was swimming in at least four tablespoons of goo.  You can also probably tell the bun AND the chicken were burned almost black.  Oh my goodness!!  The sauce was so terrible, I took the tiny piece of chicken off and wiped it clean.  The bun got the same treatment.

When I saw the extent of the black color, I decided I would eat the chicken alone.  Gracious me ... it had soggy breading, a huge piece of skin and lots of gristle.  I didn't know chicken could have gristle.  Do not ..... I repeat DO NOT buy this sandwich.  

This morning I'm going online to fill out their survey ... something I never do ... just to tell them how terrible it was.  It all went in the trash.  The only thing even worthy of mention was the Sprite.  It wasn't watered down.  I'm pretty sure this will be the last of my McDonald purchases ...   forever!


So it was off to Home Depot for fire ant killer.  I scanned the walls for almost fifteen minutes, finding nothing to kill ants except this one container of Amdro.  It said it killed almost every variety known to man.  Ok, I'll bite so maybe the ants won't.  

When I got home and checked out the battlefield, I found a few more coming up out of a different hole.  I dumped a small amount around the edge.  They completely ignored it.  It seems some ants are there to do nothing other than bring tiny grains of sand to the surface.  Those guys were working their butts off.  No one else showed their little face and no one moved the Amdro.  

However ... all the other teeny tiny black ants that had appeared, were now gone with the wind.  At least SOMETHING is working.  


I bought another gallon of Home Defense for good measure.  This is the stuff that seems to have put a dent in the ant population as I poured it down their tunnels.  I've used this for several years and it works really well.  I only have to spray outside the house and in the garage once a year.  It even kills all those lovely black widow spiders.


Along the way I had to get fuel.  Sadly, this is only the beginning and prices are going to sky rocket even more.  It stings to the bone when I have to fill up my truck.  The last time as I left California, it was $100.00 to fill the tank with about the same amount of fuel.

THIS time ... and I'm not exaggerating here ... it cost me MORE than it did to fill my 100 gallon RV tank.  THIS time it cost me $140.00 to put a little under 40 gallons in my tank.  I had planned a little trip up to Yosemite for some photography, but with prices like this, I guess I'm just going to stay home.  Boring for sure, but with a fixed income, these outrageous prices just kill me.  

We aren't quite up to Barstow's $3.96 a gallon, but Union 76 and Shell stations are very close.  This was at cheap Arco.  At least not having that huge RV payment has given me a little room to breathe.


Today is frantically clean-the-house day since I have company coming.  My Sacramento girlfriend is headed this way for a couple of days.  Plus it's walk day ... putting more miles under my belt in spite of the after-burn pain incurred.  It's so hard to be motivated to stay in shape when it hurts!!


14 comments:

  1. OMG that chicken sandwich is horrible!! Whoever made that should be fired! I'd complain to McDonalds too and send them those pictures. I don't think the ant wars are ever over, you just do the best you can. Gas/Diesel is only going to get worse for sure. Too bad but we knew it was coming! Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I complained. I did the little survey on their receipt. Worst sandwich I've ever had!!

      Delete
  2. We could’ve told you McDonald’s sucks now go try Wendy’s
    Are you using gas buddy to find your fuel You also need to take an account some companies will charge you more to use your credit card opposed to paying cash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy's ..... got it!! I have a gas buddy, but usually have to drive 10 miles to fuel up if I want the cheapest. Still worth it I suppose.

      Delete
  3. Is it just me, or does that McD bun remind you of a plumber bending over??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Dave .... it was MUCH worse than that!!!! I can't believe they sell that disgusting food.

      Delete
  4. We haven't had anything from McDonald's since they stopped the Sweet Chili Wrap.
    There are Weed Killers (Spray Mixes) out there that work better then the Insect Killers. They even warn that they could kill Bees. Works great on Yellow Jackets.
    Your fuel prices are about Twenty Percent lower then ours.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your visit.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it ... the sweet chili wrap. It was good!!

      Delete
  5. The last time we ate at McDonald's was October 2019 in Tucson. We stayed in Tucson for 6 weeks. The MCD was by the laundromat. That store had chicken strips that were actually pretty good....and sweet and sour sauce. Yum. But one day Jerry looked in his cup after filling it with ice. And there was a bug in the cup. Kind of turned us off.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YUCK!!!! I can't believe they are not more careful with the product they are producing. Guess they don't care any more since everyone is doing drive-through.

      Delete
  6. This is a link to an ant killer that worked great for me: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ortho-Orthene-12-oz-Fire-Ant-Killer-0282210/100056182?ITC=AUC-75320-23-12140

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!! If this doesn't work, I'll see if I can find some. There wasn't any in my local store, but maybe further north.

      Delete
  7. Back in Nov. after the election. I bought 1000 shares of Marathon Oil.....it's up 100%

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are filling out the survey on that overcooked, burnt, pathetic chicken burger. :( They need to hear when they do things badly.

    ReplyDelete