Thursday, October 3, 2019

Semi Controlled Chaos!!

The calm before the storm.  It's amazing to walk around the Pumpkin Patch in the mornings.  It's quiet except for the birds singing.  Everything is immaculate and beautiful.
Ten minutes later, it looks like this.  A small group of 30 came in early, the usual unruly, won't-listen group of kids that tear from one place to another, leaving havoc in their wake.  This picture was on their way out when they decided to take a class picture.  

There were 35 parents trying to corral 30 students.  It's pretty funny to watch.  I've already collected three jackets for the Lost and Found.  The $20 bill went to the finder, along with another $10 bill to the tractor driver.  Finders keepers!!
The class of 120 came in half an hour late.  We usually don't allow schools to come in after 12:00 because we have to wristband every single one.  I've got it down to less than 3 seconds per kid.  I'm pretty sure my generation wasn't like the current one.  If we didn't listen, we got whacked.  These kids?  They run wild and don't hear a word you say.  Five boys got benched less than two minutes in. They sat for the remainder of the two hour tour.  At least the teachers are trying!!

Any time I need a break away from the action, I visit the goats.  We're playing King of the Mountain here.  These kids are so funny ... they all want to be the top dog.  
A few pets and scratches and I'm ready to hit the almond shells again.  I finally got home at 7:00.  Isn't this fun?  And the craziness has just begun.
This morning at 8:30 I'll have 400 kids coming in like crazed banshees on pure sugar.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to need lots of advil tonight and maybe a glass of wine this evening.  Or maybe an entire bottle!!

Total miles day five ... 35.35






8 comments:

  1. Sounds like the pressure is building, keep that advil and wine handy sounds like you are going to need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what is happening. All towards the crescendo of the last week.

      Delete
  2. Love the kids! The critter kind, I mean. :)
    I'm sure you enjoy the chaos more than you let on but yes, wine is a necessity (in the evening!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely fun to interact with so many new people, as well as catch up with all the old friends I haven't seen all year. Also too fun to play with the kids, since I'm just one big kid myself!!

      Delete
  3. Glad you are nearly recovered so I won't be telling to keep your head up.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Chaos.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can already tell it's going to be a riot this year. Can't wait!!!

      Delete
  4. It is so different from when 'we' were in school. I went on field trips to Mather AFB (inside a B-52) and I am certain the Sacramento School District would not even try that now days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Dave. The good thing is this place is the best ever for kids to visit. There's not much they can do damage to! LOL

      Delete