Sunday, October 13, 2019

Movie Night At The Patch

I'm a woman of few words this morning.  I'm going to try and get a few more minutes of shut-eye before heading back to the Pumpkin Patch.

It was movie night and I think we set several records, mostly due to the full moon.  Surprisingly, we were completely able to keep up with the snack line that started at 10:30 in the morning and never stopped until we turned them away at 7:30 last night.
We sold 275 hot dogs and something over 450 shaved ice.  I was making them so fast I lost count.  We used over 10 gallons of syrup and sold case after case of water and soda.  It was crazy, to say the least.

The worst part was running out of the six gallons of jalepenos and getting five more gallon CANS.  The can opener broke with the first turn of the knob.  Have you ever tried to open a gallon can without one?

Eleven hours later, I plopped on the couch and crashed with the puppies.  Oh wait ... the movie was Hotel Transylvania.  Everyone brings their chairs and watches it on the big screen.  Super fun for the kids.

This morning will be all about restocking and cleaning the hot dog machine the girls forgot to add water to.  Other than that, we had not one single incident.  It's a record.

Total miles walked to date:  120.63

I think I'm headed for a record too!!!




6 comments:

  1. Crazy busy times there but I do know you enjoy it too. Get your rest and carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are half way done. I'm looking forward to the end. LOL

      Delete
  2. Amazing what is needed to be done to make a seasonal operation like that work and it's getting more popular.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your time off.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tired and all I did was read about your day...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing is I get 8 hours of sleep every night. Otherwise I'd have given up by now!

      Delete